Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess What? There have been two games played.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess What? There have been two games played.

Ok, we're 1-1 now, Jacksonville played a great game defensively, and they earned the win. Everyone looks like they're wanting to point the finger and blame someone for the loss. How about congratulations Jaguars, good game. Even though we lost there were still positives in this game. EVERYONE RELAX!! There are still 14 games left. Bottom line, the Broncos lost and that's that. There is still plenty of time for them to make this game up. Go Broncos!

1-1 is better than 0-2. Knew going in that the jags D was solid...now we know for sure. Great point, especially if KC starts 0-2...but wait what if SD goes to 2-0?
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

they played great D..but I wouldn't say the earned the game...Denver beat themselves up all game..penalties, missed field goal, lost handoff....
      fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Re: Guess What? There have been two games played.

Originally posted by Orange_Crush21
        and they earned the win.
        i'm not sure they did. the only good thing for them was special teams. we still put up 356 yards of offense to their 176. take away that 50 yard return and they have 0 points. other than that, we gave it to them: penalties, missed fg, fumbles. i guess they didn't just roll over and die, but they didn't make big plays either. their run d is good, but ours is better; we got 106 net yards to their 67.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/[email protected]
        sigpic
        go broncos
        share the sidewalk
        liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Their D played great and that's the bottom line, we had better numbers but they one the field position battles. They did great on special teams and defense and that's why they earned this game.

Comment

but wait what if SD goes to 2-0?
            NYJ 7
            SD 0

I'm encouraged by this showing on the road. These early mistakes on offense will go away as the season goes on. I think with Denvers defense this team can go along way.
            "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

i need a box of tissues. we had our hearts ripped out of our chests on that field. Im gonna pretend we lost by 35 points and just move on. A loss is a loss.
              Look at the bright side We have SD at home next week, and we did beat KC last week. We all knew this was gonna be a tough game, and we lost by 1 point. Its only week 2, theres still ALOT of ball left to be played. Teams are not made or broken in week 2 guys. Remember that.
              The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

Comment

Re: Do any of you need Kleenex?

Originally posted by Renegades
                If I see anyone complain about Quentin anymore, I think I'm going to have to blow my brains out.
                Q sucks

Q shouldnt have fumbled

Q is too small

Q cant handle the pressure

Bell should start

If you dont have a gun - i have one you can borrow

Comment

Re: Re: Do any of you need Kleenex?

Originally posted by orangenblue420
                  Q sucks

Q shouldnt have fumbled

Q is too small

Q cant handle the pressure

Bell should start

If you dont have a gun - i have one you can borrow

good stuff
                  Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

We have always had trouble with east coast games at noon. I figured we would loose this game. It seems typical. The only thing we have going for the Tampa Bay game in a couple weeks is it's a late game and not an early game. We'll rebound next week vs. San Diego. It's not all Q's fault. The team put themselves in that situation. While I agree we should have kicked it, there is nothing we can do about it. Learn and move on. GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Re: Do any of you need Kleenex?

Originally posted by Renegades
                      Could you please stop complaining and putting the blame on our players, etc. It's one loss, we have fourteen games to prove we're worthy of being SB contenders. If I see anyone complain about Quentin anymore, I think I'm going to have to blow my brains out.
                      Well the good news is , if the chargers lose to the jets, then we will still be at the top of the west with our division win over K.C, it sux to lose, but Denver did seem to be alot better against the run today, and thats good news too.
                      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Orange_Crush21
                        Their D played great and that's the bottom line, we had better numbers but they one the field position battles. They did great on special teams and defense and that's why they earned this game.
                        No, that's just not honest.

Denver gave this game away by not going for it on 4th down both times in the first quarter, instead playing it safe (stupid safe, averaging only 20 net yards on the two punts instead):

Denver gave the game away by ****ty play calling while not converting on 2nd and goal from the 6:

Denver gave the game away by missing a makeable field goal:

Denver gave the game away by not kicking a fg on third down (or even first or second), but risking, and making, a turnover instead.

Jacksonville 'earned' 178 yards of offense and 6 first downs, while giving up 358 yards and 18 first downs; that shouldn't warrant so much as a pat on the back, let alone a win in the NFL.

Comment

Re: Re: Do any of you need Kleenex?

Originally posted by theshiverman
                          Well the good news is , if the chargers lose to the jets, then we will still be at the top of the west with our division win over K.C, it sux to lose, but Denver did seem to be alot better against the run today, and thats good news too.
                          Keep telling me the good news!

Comment

Originally posted by Rat
                            No, that's just not honest.

Denver gave this game away by not going for it on 4th down both times in the first quarter, instead playing it safe (stupid safe, averaging only 20 net yards on the two punts instead):

Denver gave the game away by ****ty play calling while not converting on 2nd and goal from the 6:

Denver gave the game away by missing a makeable field goal:

Denver gave the game away by not kicking a fg on third down (or even first or second), but risking, and making, a turnover instead.

Jacksonville 'earned' 178 yards of offense and 6 first downs, while giving up 358 yards and 18 first downs; that doesn't warrant so much as a pat on the back, let alone a win in the NFL.
                            So what if they go for those fourth down conversions in the FIRST QUARTER? What if we don't make it? Then what we give the Jags Great field position twice in the first quarter. I'm glad you don't coach, they would have one this game 21-6.

Again I'd really like to see you call plays

52 yard field goal, in the dense humid air of Jacksonville Florida, sounds real makeable to me.

It resulted in a win today so I guess it does warrant a pat on the back.

Comment

We will come back strong. We played a good Jags team w/ a solid defense. We didnt get blown out, our defense stepped up well. Jake seems to calm down after the first couple series. I do not pin the loss on Q. If anything the play calling hurt us on important downs. I think Shanny went to the well one too many times with Q, because the Jags were keying on him big time. Jake and Jason should lose that hideous mustache and we'll be alright...

Comment

Working...
                              X