Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firstwave64
    replied
    Jacksonville defensive end Paul Spicer broke his right leg near the end of the third quarter and had to be carted off the field. He is likely out for the season.

Leave a comment:

• Jagsbch
    replied
    I got a good view of his foot. It was twisted to about 8 o'clock. It looked ugly. I had front row seats, I was the first to gasp and people around me saw it and started shout oh god and everything else you could imagine. I saw Stroud walk over towards the Broncos sideline and spew forth quite a few explicitives, while Spicer was down.

Then about two plays later I see Watts limping back to the sidelines with his hands waving and he guesturing something to the effect of why did you guys have to piss them off for? I was glad to see him get back into the game. I like that kid.

The injury didn't set too well with me especially after reading this article before the game.

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/st..._freeman.shtml

"The Chop Blockers vs. The Meateaters. The offensive line of the Broncos against the Jaguars' defense.

Which means this might be the nastiest, ugliest, NFL game of the day, maybe of the regular season. Because it features two distinct personalities that give little leeway and enjoy inflicting pain and discomfort on their opponents. The Chop Blockers never met a cheap shot they didn't like and The Meateaters love the smell of plasma in the morning.

The Broncos' offensive line, about as subtle as a shark bite, and the Jaguars' defenders, particularly the linemen, who eat manholes for lunch, going head to head.

Bad blockers against the bad boys.

The Chop Blockers have for years been accused of dirty tricks, failing to get the memo that forearms to the ankles are a no-no. They come from Mile High but are more comfortable down low, cracking more knees than a mob boss. When The Chop Blockers come to town, ligaments run for cover.

Their most grotesque cheap shot came two years ago when Broncos guard Steve Herndon blocked San Diego defender Jamal Williams from behind and dislocated Williams' ankle. Herndon was fined a week's pay and Williams was lost for the season. Not such an equitable trade, eh?

Over the years there have been fines and ugly accusations regarding Denver's blocking techniques. "People have always talked about them being the dirtiest in the league," defensive lineman Phillip Daniels, now with Washington, told the Chicago Sun-Times last year."
    Last edited by Jagsbch; 09-19-2004, 04:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dante's Inferno
    replied
    Yes, he has fractured his leg. The best part of the whole thing was, Paul stood up, pushed his leg back the right way, and told Jack that all he needed was some Gatoraid and band-aid.

Good game guys....good luck on your next one...oh wait, nevermind, You're playing San Diego, who needs luck?

Leave a comment:

• DenverFanInGB
    replied
    Good game homie, well defensively it was. The Jags were picked to be a surprise team this year and they could definately be a wild card team this year if their O steps up. Indy will still win that division. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• brom66an6
    replied
    Re: From A Jaguars Fan...

Originally posted by Dante's Inferno

I really hope Paul Spicer is OK....he is my hero.
    I read on nfl.com (may have been espn.com, cant remember) that he has a broken leg.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Re: From A Jaguars Fan...

Originally posted by Dante's Inferno
    To those who trolled our message board:

To the rest: It was a pleasure talking football with you. I wish you the best of luck the rest of the season and I still see the Broncos as a serious playoff contender. Oh, and I'm sorry but I have to do it, I told you that Griffin wouldn't get 100+ yards.

Heh, we should've just passed more or run to the outside more often.

Good game. It definitely seems that Lady Luck is on the side of the Jaguars to start the season because statistically we should have won. But woulda, coulda, shoulda... You guys won at that's all that matters. I hope we have a chance at revenge in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Dante's Inferno
    started a topic From A Jaguars Fan...

From A Jaguars Fan...

To those who trolled our message board:

To the rest: It was a pleasure talking football with you. I wish you the best of luck the rest of the season and I still see the Broncos as a serious playoff contender. Oh, and I'm sorry but I have to do it, I told you that Griffin wouldn't get 100+ yards.

Working...
X