No announcement yet.

Any thoughts on the retro away jerseys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm happy to see the Broncos back in Orange and Blue in Week 8. Was nice to see the old unis but they're pretty ugly and since Orange and Blue are Broncos-colors I simply can't identify with mustard-yellow and brown.
    sigpic

BRING BACK ORANGE!!

Comment

Dude I loved both of 'em. I wouldnt mind wearing them for the rest of the season!
      SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

I like them

They look like a team that, instead of flash, which is trash, just comes out and smash. Ask NE and SD who were smashed by the team in those "ugly" uniforms.
        Plain and simple because this team beats you plain and simple.
        Plus, wearing these uni's they beat NE and SD.
        I say keep them until we lose one.
        I also bought a pair of the socks. I want a hoodie like what McD sported the last two weeks, but cannot find one.
        Anyone know where to get them?
        "Those are my principals... if you don't like them, well, I have others" - Groucho Marx

"Having a Hell of a time my dear, wish you were here" - Alice Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by GNWbronco View Post
          The retro away jerseys look alright, better than the retro home jerseys I'd say. I could've sworn that Tony Scheffler had checkerboard pattern socks as opposed to the vertical striped ones the other Broncos had.
          Love everything about the throwbacks. I'll admit it took some getting used to, but they're just awesome - home and away.
          Adopted Poster
          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

The problem with that away uniform was definetely the brown pants with yellow stripes. White jersey, white socks, okay, but then those yellow stripes... White stripes would look much cleaner and blend with the rest. And if those vertical socks were instead regular white socks with a single horizontal black stripe, then the uniform would look pretty okay, somehow simple yet classic like the Browns uniform. Fashion police!!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

I bleed blue & orange I love the broncos colors but if we have to where Poop brown and pee Yellow to win so be it!

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                Since the league is celebrating the INAUGURAL year of the AFL, it wouldn't make much sense to wear random thowbacks from different seasons.
                True, but it's still celebrating 50 years of Bronco football. If they are changing the designs in the endzones for all the home games, I thought it would be cool if they had a couple more games with different uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by VancePants View Post
                  True, but it's still celebrating 50 years of Bronco football. If they are changing the designs in the endzones for all the home games, I thought it would be cool if they had a couple more games with different uniforms.
                  They are changing the endzones, because that is how they changed in the AFL.
                  Where is this season going?

Comment

I actually thought the yellow jerseys looked good. =\
                    Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vhailor View Post
                      I actually thought the yellow jerseys looked good. =\
                      I agree! Call me crazy, but I liked the home unis over the away, they seemed to match better. I loved how after the NE game the media was like "are those the Broncos?" I'm really glad they brought them back this year, it was a good way to celebrate the 50 years (AND we WON in them!)

Comment

Retro team colors

Let's call those colors gold and chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                          The uni's were better than the home uni's.....that yellow is terrible. But what bugged me is that I was at the damn game and my wife kept complaining that the pant didnt match anything. Watching Eddie streak down the sideline and hearing her say "those unis dont match"...let me tell you I almost wished that she did the header out of the press box
                          I guess the moral of that story is if you take someone to a football game, make sure they're more concerned with football than fashion.

Comment

I like them both...I also thought that both Dawkins and Williams looked extremely bad @$$ with the away jersey's w/dark visors....very intimidating
                            Last edited by Den615; 10-21-2009, 07:06 PM.

Comment

They can play in pink with purple spiraled socks for all I care, just keep winning.

Comment

Crazy spam up above.

I kind of like the Broncos' retro uniforms
                                Qwerty

Comment

Working...
                                X