No announcement yet.

I Blame the game on Shanahan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you cant blame shanny, it was up to the players to execute the simple run play, and bad luck hit them.
    Did you even read my post? The statistics say otherwise. Inside 40 yds. Elam had a 94.1% chance of making it. You don't need to move the ball closer. You don't need to take the chance of a fumble or a last minute muffed snap. Leave yourself an extra down, get the kicker out there and let him win it.

If Shanahan had done that there's only a 5.9% chance that Elam would have missed (less if you count his kicks this season). The team knew it. Jacksonville knew it. The fans knew it. Game over.

Then suddenly, it's not.

This one is squarely on Mike Shanahan. Period.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonOwnsU
      You people amaze me!!! Are you really that dumb?

This in no way is SHanny's fault. Actually him and Jake have absorbed alot of the heat from the media and taken it off Q! If Q had handled the ball there was about 10-15 yards in front of him. All he hasd to do was recieve the ball.

If ELam misses the kick then you guys would be complaining he didnt movie it closer! SH** happens, get over it, move forward, DELETE THIS THREAD!!
      Gotta agree with you AWOU.
      sigpic

Comment

YES! When the game is at that point the coach earns his money!
        You do not hand off! You either Kick it or keep the ball in Jakes hands!

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
          Did you even read my post? The statistics say otherwise. Inside 40 yds. Elam had a 94.1% chance of making it. You don't need to move the ball closer. You don't need to take the chance of a fumble or a last minute muffed snap. Leave yourself an extra down, get the kicker out there and let him win it.

If Shanahan had done that there's only a 5.9% chance that Elam would have missed (less if you count his kicks this season). The team knew it. Jacksonville knew it. The fans knew it. Game over.

Then suddenly, it's not.

This one is squarely on Mike Shanahan. Period.
          Dude, you dont know what went on down there, shanny may have asked elam if he wanted it closer because of that wind stopping his last kick, they had a simple run to make to line the kick up and they fumbled it, if you wanna blame shanny for something blame him and the running backs postion coach for not working Q enough on the fumbling , but to blame the guy for calling a simple run play that works 99.9 percent of the time is stupid. If Q would have busted through there and scored a t.d you would be praising him as a Master of play calling...lol
          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Like I said, I blame Shanahan for all the [email protected] run plays on 3rd and short. This has nothing to do with the last play. If we would've executed all those 3rd and short plays, the scoreboard would've been a different story. I guess only the SMART FANS know what's really going on.

Comment

Who are you talking to DezInc?

Comment

Originally posted by Mostlymad
                YES! When the game is at that point the coach earns his money!
                You do not hand off! You either Kick it or keep the ball in Jakes hands!
                To repeat, why run the ball on that last play?

1) To get a few yards closer (least important)
                2) To position the ball for Elam's preferred kicking angle
                3) To use a little more time off the clock which means less time for the Jags to respond (Leftwich showed last week that he performs well in the closing seconds of the game)
                4) To force the Jags to use their final timeout which would not allow them the option of throwing down the middle of the field or any surprise draw plays (most important)

Hindsight is 20-20. If Shanahan had thought we'd lose the ball, obviously he would have kicked. But assuming we hang onto the football, running the ball was the right call.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I can't believe you guys don't get my point. You guys think I'm referring to the last series. I'm talking about the whole game as a whole. Oh well.

Comment

I will tell you guys what...

We have San Diego coming up, if you think you can gameplan and prepare a team better, then let us see your play by play, and all of your offensive/defensive schemes before wed, when the team needs to start getting the game plan down....

It is really easy to pick apart anything after the fact. Do something before the fact for once...

The head guy always gets blamed as they are in a position to get blamed, but to stand there and make comments on pure speculation is asenine!

I support Shanahan, and the Broncos...I wouldn't have it any other way...We win/lose playing our game! I can live with that!
                    sigpic

Comment

Absolutely correct....

Bottom Line:

Griffin didn't lose yesterdays game, Plummer didn't lose the game, Shanahan didn't lose the game:

THE DENVER BRONCOS LOST THE GAME.

It's a collective effort and you must execute 100% every play. Unfortunately for us, our squad executed 99.9% on the final drive and that .1 percent cost us a possible tie-breaker.

LOL, funny thing is now we have to follow yet ANOTHER AFC team and hope they lose a lot more than they win. 3 years ago it's a fluke catch vs the Dolphins, two seasons ago it's a missed XP vs the Colts, last season it's a Dante Hall Kickoff Return and a Moss Lateral, this year it's a botched handoff. What's it gonna be next season?!One thing is for sure...it's harder to be a Denver fan than any other team for this very reason.

Other teams are just bad, or you expect these kinds of lapses, Denver can play superbly for an entire game and match-up pound-for-pound, play stride for stride against ANY TEAM, and lose on the final play.
                      Last edited by d4rkchyld; 09-20-2004, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X