Shanahan's fault?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perry1977
    Note the word reliable. Q is a reliable runner, in my opinion, and you don't expect him to go dropping the ball. It shows our coach's confidence in his players.

What is hypocritical about my post? Did, or did not, Q fumble the ball? How is that Shanahan's fault? Maybe it was a bad handoff. It doesn't matter. Shanahan wasn't out there. I don't see how you can blame that on him. Hypocrite this!
    Where did I state it was Shanahans fault or anyone elses? DId I not state in my post that, "so now it's "Q"s fault?? I know you're not saying that but, it looks that way when it's first read". In fact if you look at my original post I said that if anyone wanted to blame anyone for anything they should blame the Jags for having a great defense and enough offense to win the game. Why are you so defensive

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
      Why run the ball on that last play?

1) To get a few yards closer (least important)
      2) To position the ball for Elam's preferred kicking angle
      3) To use a little more time off the clock which means less time for the Jags to respond (Leftwich showed last week that he performs well in the closing seconds of the game)
      4) To force the Jags to use their final timeout which would not allow them the option of throwing down the middle of the field or any surprise draw plays (most important)

Hindsight is 20-20. If Shanahan had thought we'd lose the ball, obviously he would have kicked. But assuming we hang onto the football, running the ball was the right call.

i think if he wanted to get to elams preferred angle the play would have went to the otheside, wasnt we on the left hash mark and ran left?
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

3) To use a little more time off the clock which means less time for the Jags to respond (Leftwich showed last week that he performs well in the closing seconds of the game)
        4) To force the Jags to use their final timeout which would not allow them the option of throwing down the middle of the field or any surprise draw plays (most important)

Hindsight is 20-20. If Shanahan had thought we'd lose the ball, obviously he would have kicked. But assuming we hang onto the football, running the ball was the right call.

i think if he wanted to get to elams preferred angle the play would have went to the otheside, wasnt we on the left hash mark and ran left?
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

IMO IF YOU TAKE SHANNAHAN AWAY FROM DENVER YOU TAKE AWAY THE RUNNING GAME AND IF YOU TRY TO "PLUG IN" ANOTHER COACH WITH A PASSING OFFENSE WE WOULD STINK IT UP OUR LINEMAN FOCUS ON THE RUN ....ALTHOUGH I DID NOTICE PLUMBER STAY IN THE POCKET .HE NEEDS TO HIT HIS RECIEVERS ON THE LONG BALL BETTER
          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
          While he sits by his hearth at home.
          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Amen, Another person who gets it.

Comment

Re: Shanahan's fault?

Originally posted by StevenW
              I believe the loss to Jacksonville is partly to be blamed on Mike Shanahan. For Being such a tactical genius, it seems that when he messes up he does it in the stupidest way imaginable. He has Jason Elam ( a kicker I have dubbed "Automatic"), he should have took the field goal instead of the fumble, rather than to try and create an offensive drive that would perfectly vanquish the remaining thirty seconds. Kick the field goal and let the defense finish the game Mike.
              Ok, please..Shut up about its Shannys fault..If you dont agree with his play calling why dont you become a coach? Shanny knows a hell of a lot more about football than we all do...There is a reason why he ran the ball, what that reason is, I am not sure, maybe it was to get the ball a little closer, maybe it was to run some more time off the clock..Its hard to tell, but I bet you all the money in the world he knows why he did..But I am 100% positive, all you guys would still be blaming Shanny if we would have kicked it and Elam would have missed it, you all would be saying "Why didnt we run it to get the ball a little closer"..But its ok now, even though we lost..We came off of an emotional win...Our team is a very good team that I think can go very far this year..We lost, sure I am dissappointed as is all of us Bronco fans, but you cant go blaming the coaches and individual players..

Comment

Working...
              X