Rate These Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate These Players

Out of our new acquisitions this offseason, who do you think is playing the best?

Alphonso
    Moreno
    Ayers
    Goodman
    Hill

that is a little tough, most have made a major impact, with ayers improving weekly and smith starting pretty good.

Comment

i think i would like ayers more if he wouldnt wear number 56. hes not playing near the level of the old great one.
      Sean Taylor 21 R.I.P
      Darrent Williams 27 R.I.P
      Damien Nash 29 R.I.P
      John Elway 7
      Jake Plummer 16
      Ian Gold 52
      Al Wilson 56
      D.j Williams 55
      Rod Smith 80
      Shannon Sharpe 84
      Steve Atwater 27
      Terrell Davis 30
      Ed Macaffrey 87
      Champ Bailey 24
      John Lynch 47
      Brandon Marshall 15
      Jay Cutler 6
      Peyton Hillis 22
      Tony Scheffler 88
      Tom Nalen 66
      Mike Anderson 38
      Brandon Stokely 14

Comment

Originally posted by lynch4756624 View Post
        Out of our new acquisitions this offseason, who do you think is playing the best?

Alphonso
        Moreno
        Ayers
        Goodman
        Hill
        Alphonso-I hated this move from day one. We already had this player on our team, his name is Jack MF Williams. How is he ever going to be a number 1 when he will have to cover Vincent Jackson (6'5) for years to come? The best wide outs in the league- Calvin Johnson (6'5) Larry Fitz (6'3) Andre Johnson (6'3). Big recievers are in, and we spent a first rounder on a 5'9 corner.

Moreno-One hell of a back. How hard must it be for the defense to tackle this guy, and then he just hops right up like he wasn't even touched. I think his receiving game will really pick up over the years, and once he gets his vision down he will be one of the best backs in the league.

Ayers-I thought he was going to be a bust early this year, but he really has stepped up lately. I think he'll be a really solid and versatile player for 10+ years

Goodman and Hill-have got to be the two most underrated players on the team. These guys aren't Dawkins and Bailey. Period. But it's unfair to compare them to these guys. They are doing their job, and make it so Bailey and Dawkins can do more than their job. Two fantastic pick ups and probably one of the main reasons the Dolphins have struggled early after their 11-5 season last year.
        sigpic

Champ Bailey in 2005
        30 times thrown at, 10 interceptions, 10 receptions, 10 incompletions

Comment

its not like all corners are 6'2 theres actually more guys that are 5'9 5'10 thats the average size. guys like champ or malcolm jenkins are not the normal corners, I think that with some development I could see williams and smith taking over for goodman and champ
          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

im still not sold on moreno. i mean i think hes good, but we didnt need him. buckhalter is beastin.
            Sean Taylor 21 R.I.P
            Damien Nash 29 R.I.P
            John Elway 7
            Jake Plummer 16
            Ian Gold 52
            Al Wilson 56
            D.j Williams 55
            Rod Smith 80
            Shannon Sharpe 84
            Steve Atwater 27
            Terrell Davis 30
            Ed Macaffrey 87
            Champ Bailey 24
            John Lynch 47
            Brandon Marshall 15
            Jay Cutler 6
            Peyton Hillis 22
            Tony Scheffler 88
            Tom Nalen 66
            Mike Anderson 38
            Brandon Stokely 14

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlueCrew View Post
              Alphonso-I hated this move from day one. We already had this player on our team, his name is Jack MF Williams. How is he ever going to be a number 1 when he will have to cover Vincent Jackson (6'5) for years to come? The best wide outs in the league- Calvin Johnson (6'5) Larry Fitz (6'3) Andre Johnson (6'3). Big recievers are in, and we spent a first rounder on a 5'9 corner.
              yeah, and both of our starting cornerbacks are over 30 years old. is JMFW going to man both spots in a few years?

in hindsight, we'll have spent a late first round pick on an early second round pick. not too bad of a pay-off. seahawk fans aren't laughing quite as hard right now

Comment

Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
                yeah, and both of our starting cornerbacks are over 30 years old. is JMFW going to man both spots in a few years?

in hindsight, we'll have spent a late first round pick on an early second round pick. not too bad of a pay-off. seahawk fans aren't laughing quite as hard right now
                You really like the idea of Jack Williams and Alphonso Smith as our starting CBs. Height is not that big of a deal, but it does make a difference when both your corners are that small. I think both are very good players, but seem a lot more like nickel backs than starters. All I'm saying is there were some real real good players on the board with that pick. And as good as we are imagine if we used that pick on someone that was actually making an impact instead of someone who plays about 5-10 times a game.
                sigpic

Champ Bailey in 2005

Comment

woulda rather had maulaga. IMO
                  Sean Taylor 21 R.I.P
                  Damien Nash 29 R.I.P
                  John Elway 7
                  Jake Plummer 16
                  Ian Gold 52
                  Al Wilson 56
                  D.j Williams 55
                  Rod Smith 80
                  Shannon Sharpe 84
                  Steve Atwater 27
                  Terrell Davis 30
                  Ed Macaffrey 87
                  Champ Bailey 24
                  John Lynch 47
                  Brandon Marshall 15
                  Jay Cutler 6
                  Peyton Hillis 22
                  Tony Scheffler 88
                  Tom Nalen 66
                  Mike Anderson 38
                  Brandon Stokely 14

Comment

Originally posted by lolcopter View Post

I agree. I liked the pick but he's 5-9 and when we play teams with big wr's. I hope we get a bigger corner to pair with jwill, alphonso.

Comment

You really like the idea of Jack Williams and Alphonso Smith as our starting CBs. Height is not that big of a deal, but it does make a difference when both your corners are that small. I think both are very good players, but seem a lot more like nickel backs than starters. All I'm saying is there were some real real good players on the board with that pick. And as good as we are imagine if we used that pick on someone that was actually making an impact instead of someone who plays about 5-10 times a game.
                      Winfield is 5-9, Asante is 5-10, Finnegan is 5-10. I wanted Mauluaga.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        Winfield is 5-9, Asante is 5-10, Finnegan is 5-10. I dont like the idea of two 5-9 corners. I would like a bigger corner with Alphonso and have JWill as the nickle.
                        Ya but then you got Asomugha (6'2) Darrell Revis (6'0) who are arguably the top two. Honestly, it's not about your height, it's about how you play the game, but I just do not understand spending that pick on Alphonso. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good player but look at our 2nd round.

-Alphonso-Barely plays

-McBath-actually has stepped in and done nice work on occasion

-Quinn-only time I've seen him played is when he gave the Pats a first down when he jumped offsides on a punt

2nd rounders are supposed to come in and be able to make an impact right away, these guys haven't done much of anything, but I'm not saying they won't in the future.
                        sigpic

Champ Bailey in 2005

Comment

Ya but then you got Asomugha (6'2) Darrell Revis (6'0) who are arguably the top two. Honestly, it's not about your height, it's about how you play the game, but I just do not understand spending that pick on Alphonso. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good player but look at our 2nd round.

-Alphonso-Barely plays

-Quinn-only time I've seen him played is when he gave the Pats a first down when he jumped offsides on a punt

2nd rounders are supposed to come in and be able to make an impact right away, these guys haven't done much of anything, but I'm not saying they won't in the future.
                          I agree. I want a bigger corner, aso is 6-2, can matchup with anyone. I didnt like the quinn pick. I hope he does good, but i hope we get a 6-0+ corner to pair with alphonso in the future and have jwill at nickle.

Comment

I stopped questioning this team a few weeks ago. I am sure alphonso smith will do just fine. After the start of this season, I would feel a little silly questioning the offseason of the broncos.

Comment

-Alphonso-Barely plays

You realize these guys are all rookies and playing behind some very, very good players right?

Comment

Working...
                              X