No announcement yet.

Rate These Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its better off for the rookies not play much their first year, you're in trouble if you have to start too many rookies, last year we were one of two teams to start three rookies at the begaining of the season, I believe the Chiefs were the other team and we saw how that turned out. By the middle of season we were starting like 6 rookies, not good at all. Its always nice to have rookies come in and make an impact right away, but if you dont have to then its better to let them develop first before throwing them to the wolves.

Comment

andre goodman is 5'10" and he seems to be doing well enough

we never should have traded away foxworth, IMO

Comment

How about Vonnie Holliday? His FF on Brady may have won that game.

He has 2 sacks and 1 FF from a position that's not supposed to be a huge stat accumulator. Pretty good job. On top of that he's a great leader and helping all the youth on the D-Line get better.

Comment

Originally posted by lynch4756624 View Post
          Out of our new acquisitions this offseason, who do you think is playing the best?

Alphonso
          Moreno
          Ayers
          Goodman
          Hill
          You silly goose, you forgot to mention Dawkins. I think when you add him to the list it seals the deal!

Not to discount the fact thatall of the others have played well.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
            You silly goose, you forgot to mention Dawkins. I think when you add him to the list it seals the deal!

Dawkins is pretty much the given... this should probably be who aside from Dawkins.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
              You realize these guys are all rookies and playing behind some very, very good players right?
              You realize 2nd rounders are supposed to be able to impact your team. Then you gotta ask yourself, why were these guys drafted with weaknesses at other positions. It's just an observation, these boards have turned into a moat protecting the good castle of McDaniels. Anyone says anything that is along the lines of "the broncos are not perfect" is just a plain idiot. It's sickening
              sigpic

Champ Bailey in 2005
              30 times thrown at, 10 interceptions, 10 receptions, 10 incompletions

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlueCrew View Post
                You realize 2nd rounders are supposed to be able to impact your team. Then you gotta ask yourself, why were these guys drafted with weaknesses at other positions. It's just an observation, these boards have turned into a moat protecting the good castle of McDaniels. Anyone says anything that is along the lines of "the broncos are not perfect" is just a plain idiot. It's sickening
                please enlighten us. what other positions of weakness should have we have drafted for?

as it goes, i think we have a pretty solid strategy. hire seasoned veterans as starters, then draft some young talent and allow them to learn from the best. we're building depth, not forcing rookies into a starting positions based on need.

you don't really have the "not enough help for the front seven" argument any more, so i'm really interested in your response.

Comment

Quinn has underperformed in the eyes of most. He only plays in double TE sets. My guess is he is here for the departure of Graham.

Smith and McBath have not been busts. Smith was doing very well at nickel until he was injured. They both have played very well on special teams and when they have seen the field on defense.

I'm sure you remember how horrid special teams were last year, right? Well it has been drastically improved this year and both of them have played a crucial part.

IMO (since we all have one) is that Quinn is the only one who has really underperformed.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

if you're hearing the name of your third string TE that much during the course of a game, something probably isn't going right

Comment

Originally posted by jlynch4756624 View Post
                      im still not sold on moreno. i mean i think hes good, but we didnt need him. buckhalter is beastin.
                      His vision and burst needs to improve. Once he get's better at getting north and south, he'll be a beast. There appears to be some indecision there. I think that is a transition from college. NFL pursuit is much better than what he's used to. He'll learn to be more decisive.
                      Last edited by Spice 1; 10-23-2009, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jlynch4756624 View Post
                        im still not sold on moreno. i mean i think hes good, but we didnt need him. buckhalter is beastin.
                        well, he could either be playing for the broncos or playing for the chargers

take your pick

Comment

Fields

I was gonna make a poll, but didn't feel like it now that this thread has been kicked off. Maybe in a few more weeks.

I would say Fields has been the most impressive from the stantpoint of where people thought he would be and how well he actually plays. It was thought that he was just depth, and he is not only starting calibur, but he is an impact player on the team.

Haggan as well. I'm not sure anybody picked him as the day 1 starter before TC. I think most people assumed we would need Ayers to fill in there.

There is a long list of guys who have impressed as starters or provided quality depth, but at some level we all expected them to be effective starters or impact guys. Fields blindsided most of us, turning what was thought to be an area of weakness into an area of strength.
                          "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Ya but then you got Asomugha (6'2) Darrell Revis (6'0) .
                            Revis top two top 5 MAYBE

Finnegan
                            Champ
                            Winfield
                            Asante Samuel
                            Nnamdi

All these guys off the top of my head are better than Revis IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

haha ya i figured dawkins is a given.

Comment

i love our FA pick up they have been solid..but the quinn pick still really baffles me... Goodman is way better than bly was haha

Smith is a great corner he can tackle well and hes learning from the best... hell develop into a great 5' 9' corner youll sseee

Comment

Working...
                                X