X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
    Did you not see Revis get a fool made out of himself on MNF against the Dolphins? A top 2 CB doesn't let that happen.
    I did. Did you see him lockdown Andre Johnson and Randy Moss. Every corner has bad plays. Vincent Jackson got a TD vs Aso, so i guess he sucks then. Nicks did as well.

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Aso
    Revis
    Champ
    Webster
    Woodson
    Samuel
    Winfield
    Did you not see Revis get a fool made out of himself on MNF against the Dolphins? A top 2 CB doesn't let that happen.

Leave a comment:

• ItalianBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Here's a list of second rounders drafted in 2009, some are making an impact but many aren't playing very much. No they're not supossed to make an impact right away, if you have to start too many rookies, you're in trouble.

Louis Delmas
    Patrick Chung
    James Laurinaitis
    Brian Robiskie
    Alphonso Smith
    Rey Maualuga
    Eben Britton
    Ron Brace DT
    Darius Butler
    Jairus Byrd
    Everette Brown
    Pat White
    Clint Sintim
    Connor Barwin
    Michael Mitchell
    Darcel McBath
    Max Unger
    Mohamed Massaquoi
    Andrew Levitre
    David Veikune
    LeSean McCoy
    Phil Loadholt
    William Moore
    Fili Moala
    Paul Kruger
    Sebastian Vollmer
    Sherrod Martin
    William Beatty
    Sean Smith
    SenDerrick Marks
    Cody Brown
    Richard Quinn
    Only guy on that list I would rather have then Smith...

Leave a comment:

• ItalianBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by lynch4756624 View Post
    Out of our new acquisitions this offseason, who do you think is playing the best?

Alphonso
    Moreno
    Ayers
    Goodman
    Hill

You know after seeing these names and putting a grade on them ...the Broncos are gonna be real good in the next 2-5 years...

Alphoso---------INC not enough time to get a grade...
    Moreno----------B+ only his fumbles stop him from being ELITE.
    Ayers------------C Solid in his first year, hard for him to crack the lineup...
    Goodman---------B+ Champ across from anyone will be hard...He's doing great.
    Hill-------------A Dont hear his name alot, a GREAT thing for a S, he's playing his field...

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
    Revis top two top 5 MAYBE

Finnegan
    Champ
    Winfield
    Asante Samuel
    Nnamdi

All these guys off the top of my head are better than Revis IMO.
    Aso
    Revis
    Champ
    Webster
    Woodson
    Samuel
    Winfield

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeBlueCrew View Post
    You realize 2nd rounders are supposed to be able to impact your team. Then you gotta ask yourself, why were these guys drafted with weaknesses at other positions. It's just an observation, these boards have turned into a moat protecting the good castle of McDaniels. Anyone says anything that is along the lines of "the broncos are not perfect" is just a plain idiot. It's sickening
    Here's a list of second rounders drafted in 2009, some are making an impact but many aren't playing very much. No they're not supossed to make an impact right away, if you have to start too many rookies, you're in trouble.

Louis Delmas
    Patrick Chung
    James Laurinaitis
    Brian Robiskie
    Alphonso Smith
    Rey Maualuga
    Eben Britton
    Ron Brace DT
    Darius Butler
    Jairus Byrd
    Everette Brown
    Pat White
    Clint Sintim
    Connor Barwin
    Michael Mitchell
    Darcel McBath
    Max Unger
    Mohamed Massaquoi
    Andrew Levitre
    David Veikune
    LeSean McCoy
    Phil Loadholt
    William Moore
    Fili Moala
    Paul Kruger
    Sebastian Vollmer
    Sherrod Martin
    William Beatty
    Sean Smith
    SenDerrick Marks
    Cody Brown
    Richard Quinn

Leave a comment:

• captainbronco
    replied
    i love our FA pick up they have been solid..but the quinn pick still really baffles me... Goodman is way better than bly was haha

Smith is a great corner he can tackle well and hes learning from the best... hell develop into a great 5' 9' corner youll sseee

Leave a comment:

• lynch4756624
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    You silly goose, you forgot to mention Dawkins. I think when you add him to the list it seals the deal!

Not to discount the fact thatall of the others have played well.

haha ya i figured dawkins is a given.

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    Ya but then you got Asomugha (6'2) Darrell Revis (6'0) .
    Revis top two top 5 MAYBE

Finnegan
    Champ
    Winfield
    Asante Samuel
    Nnamdi

All these guys off the top of my head are better than Revis IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Lomax
    replied
    Fields

I was gonna make a poll, but didn't feel like it now that this thread has been kicked off. Maybe in a few more weeks.

I would say Fields has been the most impressive from the stantpoint of where people thought he would be and how well he actually plays. It was thought that he was just depth, and he is not only starting calibur, but he is an impact player on the team.

Haggan as well. I'm not sure anybody picked him as the day 1 starter before TC. I think most people assumed we would need Ayers to fill in there.

There is a long list of guys who have impressed as starters or provided quality depth, but at some level we all expected them to be effective starters or impact guys. Fields blindsided most of us, turning what was thought to be an area of weakness into an area of strength.

Leave a comment:

• lolcopter
    replied
    Originally posted by jlynch4756624 View Post
    im still not sold on moreno. i mean i think hes good, but we didnt need him. buckhalter is beastin.
    well, he could either be playing for the broncos or playing for the chargers

take your pick

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by jlynch4756624 View Post
    im still not sold on moreno. i mean i think hes good, but we didnt need him. buckhalter is beastin.
    His vision and burst needs to improve. Once he get's better at getting north and south, he'll be a beast. There appears to be some indecision there. I think that is a transition from college. NFL pursuit is much better than what he's used to. He'll learn to be more decisive.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 10-23-2009, 12:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lolcopter
    replied
    if you're hearing the name of your third string TE that much during the course of a game, something probably isn't going right

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    You realize 2nd rounders are supposed to be able to impact your team. Then you gotta ask yourself, why were these guys drafted with weaknesses at other positions. It's just an observation, these boards have turned into a moat protecting the good castle of McDaniels. Anyone says anything that is along the lines of "the broncos are not perfect" is just a plain idiot. It's sickening
    Quinn has underperformed in the eyes of most. He only plays in double TE sets. My guess is he is here for the departure of Graham.

Smith and McBath have not been busts. Smith was doing very well at nickel until he was injured. They both have played very well on special teams and when they have seen the field on defense.

I'm sure you remember how horrid special teams were last year, right? Well it has been drastically improved this year and both of them have played a crucial part.

IMO (since we all have one) is that Quinn is the only one who has really underperformed.

Leave a comment:

• lolcopter
    replied
    please enlighten us. what other positions of weakness should have we have drafted for?

as it goes, i think we have a pretty solid strategy. hire seasoned veterans as starters, then draft some young talent and allow them to learn from the best. we're building depth, not forcing rookies into a starting positions based on need.

you don't really have the "not enough help for the front seven" argument any more, so i'm really interested in your response.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X