Orton may make "Cassel-Type Money"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orton may make "Cassel-Type Money"

Ross (Chicago): Mort, with how Kyle Orton has played this year, do you think the Broncos are going to give him a long-term deal?

Mort: Interesting. Orton is making $995,000 in the final year of his deal. No way the Broncos are letting him go, so they can franchise him or they can work on a long-term deal. My guess is he'll get signed to one of those Matt Cassel-type contracts. And good for him.

he deserves it

Comment

The deal is already done, just like Marshall and Doom's. They just haven't announced them yet.

I betcha.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        The deal is already done, just like Marshall and Doom's. They just haven't announced them yet.

I betcha.
        You think they all have deals already? Hopefully but I'm not so sure yet.

Comment

I betcha.
          I really hope your right!!!!

We need to get Kuper locked up too, and Scheffler if we can.

Comment

That would be a huge mistake.

I think it's a good idea to re-sign him, but not for Cassel money.

I want to think positive and optimistic, but for all we know Orton could be a 1-year wonder.

That's a possibility. You don't give $50 mil to a guy who could potentially be a 1-year wonder.

Do I sincerely believe that Kyle Orton is a 1-year wonder? No. But I also didn't think that Derek Anderson was a 1-year wonder either.

Just sayin. Gotta look at both sides.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Orton deserves it.
              sigpic

Comment

I betcha.
                What about Kuper Champ and Scheffler?!

That's a lot of guys to be signed in one offseason

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post

I want to think positive and optimistic, but for all we know Orton could be a 1-year wonder.

That's a possibility. You don't give $50 mil to a guy who could potentially be a 1-year wonder.

Do I sincerely believe that Kyle Orton is a 1-year wonder? No. But I also didn't think that Derek Anderson was a 1-year wonder either.

Derek Anderson is on a horrific team, in a horrific system, and with 2 horrific coaches. Kyle is probably gonna be looking at better than Cassell money. I would not classify him in that 1 year wonder catagory as he does have a good track record. And Mr. Anderson just magically had a good year, then vanished. Kyle always played good, but this year he is playing great. That's the difference between him and the rest of they guys you mentioned. But he's gonna make smart money like Brady and Peyton, where he'll get paid but won't break the bank so they can keep that O-line and other key players that have helped him look so awesome. :orton:
                  #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                    What about Kuper Champ and Scheffler?!

That's a lot of guys to be signed in one offseason
                    I think Champ will take a paycut to stay next year, Scheffler walks, and Kuper I'm not sure about.

I like Scheff, but I really think he walks after this year.
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

As much as his play has impressed us all, I would like to sign Marshall, Dumervil, and maybe a key free agent or two next year. If a big chunk of this goes to Orton, I wonder how much we will have left, I guess it all depends on the CBA agreement first, oh well just my two cents

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post

"Hey Kyle. We want to resign you but not to the kind of money that Cassel made even though you outplayed him because we are worried you might be a 1-year wonder. You understand, right? Please sign here and here."

Is that your plan? Or are you saying if he insists on $50 million you say let him walk? After all, "You don't give $50 mil to a guy who could potentially be a 1-year wonder."

Do fill us in on the game plan please!

Comment

Originally posted by broncsx3 View Post
                          "Hey Kyle. We want to resign you but not to the kind of money that Cassel made even though you outplayed him because we are worried you might be a 1-year wonder. You understand, right? Please sign here and here."

Is that your plan? Or are you saying if he insists on $50 million you say let him walk? After all, "You don't give $50 mil to a guy who could potentially be a 1-year wonder."

Do fill us in on the game plan please!
                          (Pat Bowlen and Kyle)
                          Yo Kyle

Sup Pat

Aight, so I heard you need a new contract?

Yeah, old ones all expired and such.

Aiight, here me out dog, you like our organization do you not?

Hell yeah!

and the fans?

Of course.

Well I'ma have to tell you we can't give you say 50 mill this year, I'm real sorry.

Ah dont worry about it B

Its just, we have so many FAs, and we just aren't 100% sold on you yet, one more year and you're makin Manning type money you know what I'm sayin?

Yeah, dat sounds aiight.

Aiight, cya next season Kyle.

Peace B!

Something like that.

Comment

Hopefully we get a deal that's good for both sides. Orton knows he's in a position here he won't get anywhere else and with the time invested in Orton it's best we get him re-signed.

I wouldn't be suprised if we let one or 2 ppl go this offseason who are important contributors this season. It's the patriot way...

Comment

Orton needs the system as much or more than the system needs Orton. He knows this and it give the Broncos leverage in negotiations with him. I bet he gets a Warner or Schaub type deal.
                              if man is 5 and jay cutler is 6 then that must make john elway 7

Comment

Working...
                              X