Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We must continue to improve in all phases of the game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We must continue to improve in all phases of the game.

Am I the only one who feels like a giddy school girl when McDaniels talks about the need to keep improving?

Sorry, I tried posting the link to McDaniels post game press conference. If you go denverbroncos.com and watch his press conference he talks about the ability to improve in all phases of the game.

Man, it gets me excited!
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 10-23-2009, 08:21 PM.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Am I the only one who feels like a giddy school girl when McDaniels talks about the need to keep improving?

Sorry, I tried posting the link to McDaniels post game press conference. If you go denverbroncos.com and watch his press conference he talks about the ability to improve in all phases of the game.

Man, it gets me excited!

I've said this all along that it's DOWNRIGHT SCARY that the Broncos are playing this well already, when they haven't even PERFECTED the playbook, or their particular positions yet. We will be Super Bowl ready once this team really figures things out, you can mark that one down as FACT.:go:
    Play the football MMORPG called GOAL LINE BLITZ! You can create your own players and your own team! Sign up at this link :

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=34994725

Comment

The Denver Broncos have not yet reached their peak.
      They will be playing at full strength aroung week 12 or so.
      McGenious is nothing short of amazing, and Orton will continue to get better and better and better and better and better. There will always be things to improve on, but I for one am very exited for the remander of the season...
      sigpic

Comment

Man, it gets me excited!
        Have you ever heard a coach say "We're perfect in all phases. We don't need to improve in any area".

C'mon, he's just saying what every coach says. I wouldn't expect anything less from him.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
          Have you ever heard a coach say "We're perfect in all phases. We don't need to improve in any area".

C'mon, he's just saying what every coach says. I wouldn't expect anything less from him.
          I think the differance is, he seems to really mean it. When the other coaches minus Tomlin say it, it just "seems" like coach speak.

Comment

Man, it gets me excited!

Sorry, Al.

McDaniels seems like a realistic coach. He knows the team is good, but can also see the areas that need improving.

Just imagine what this team is going to be like when they've done some more tweeking.
            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

The thought of Denver not playing their best ball at 6-0 is freaking scary. If improving their game over what they have done so far is in their future they wont lose to anyone.
              Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

We must continue to improve in all phases of the game.

:go:

:logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by Markymarkuss777 View Post
                  I've said this all along that it's DOWNRIGHT SCARY that the Broncos are playing this well already, when they haven't even PERFECTED the playbook, or their particular positions yet. We will be Super Bowl ready once this team really figures things out, you can mark that one down as FACT.:go:
                  We could be Super Bowl bond this year put we have long hard road ahead of

us. It could happen though I wont be surprised at all! :go:
                  sigpic

Comment

Did you actually watch his press conference? That 35 minutes excited me more than anything else the Broncos have done this season thus far. McD pointed out the need to start faster, converting 3rd and 1s, among other things. The guy is extremely intelligent and he just seems to have a great knack for football.

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High 151 View Post
                      Did you actually watch his press conference? That 35 minutes excited me more than anything else the Broncos have done this season thus far. McD pointed out the need to start faster, converting 3rd and 1s, among other things. The guy is extremely intelligent and he just seems to have a great knack for football.
                      I'm not suggesting that he's not intelligent, or even that he didn't mean what he said. I'm just saying that if he didn't say the team can improve that I'd be worried. Every team, no matter how good they are playing can improve somewhere. All coaches know that, and all coaches say they have to work harder in all phases of their game.
                      sigpic

Comment

He's always going to make the team work hard and is never going to let them relax. I think that was biggest problem with Shanny, they would win a few games and start getting cocky and then look past opponents, that's why they would play up to the competition and down to the competition.

Comment

Honestly I've never heard any coach talk about improving every week like McDaniels had. Shanny always just gave the bland "I like the effort, we'll work on it in practice" when the defense had a bad day, and when the offense put up 40 points he was like "We had a great day on offense".

With McDaniels the D gives up 3 points and he's like "They played well but there were still a lot of mistakes. We blew some coverages, missed some tackles, we'll just show the players the film on Wednesday and make the adjustments to get better". Shanny seemed to be content with good play, but it seems like McDaniels constantly demands perfection which I love.
                          Last edited by Hoserman117; 10-24-2009, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by s_paton View Post
                            I think the differance is, he seems to really mean it. When the other coaches minus Tomlin say it, it just "seems" like coach speak.
                            I totally agree. And he's right: I'd hate to face the Colts or Saints right now.

We've actually had a terrific schedule--some div. games, road games, gradually tougher each week. A real chance to challenge the team and give them a chance to improve. That's why the games have been close, but winnable.

But McD is absolutely right. There's a lot of things we need to improve over the next 10 games. We need to improve our field position--cut down penalties on kicks/punts and establish better returns. We aren't gonna get 2 TDs a game from returns. We need better short yardage offense. We need to stretch the field more on the passing game (no, not a bunch of bombs--just gradually lengthen the field). We need more defensive stops in first half. We need more points in the first half. The defense hasn't scored yet; the best defenses do. More consistency in the running game. More TDs in the red zone. Knowshon has to stop coughing up the ball.

But god, given all the changes, I'm amazed at how quickly it's come together.
                            Respect...it's earned, not given.

sigpic

Comment

Horseman117,

I agree. Usually if a team loses you'll hear things like "Back to the drawing board...try to figure out what's wrong...we'll have to be better prepared for next week." It gets close to what McDaniels says but not quite.

Usually when a team wins you hear things like "We played well...they are a good team so I'm proud of our guys...we fought for 60 minutes and beat a good team...we need to build on this success."

When McDaniels says "we need to get better" he's specific. He also seems genuinely indifferent to the accolades he and the team are getting from the fans. He appreciates it but knows that we haven't seen the good stuff yet. (hold your applause, I'm not done yet).-McD.
                              Rhyme Time: Loose, Caboose. Lose, Boo's. Grieve, Peeve? Cat, Hat and all of that...

Comment

Working...
                              X