Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grade Jake week 2 vs Jags...

OK in week one Jakes stats were:
    18 of 29 for 230 yards (62%) and 2 TDs with 2 Ints (oh well), he also 'snaked' 7 times for 33 yards (long of 14 yards)!
    & with over 60 votes from us fans he got a solid "B" performance rating...

Now onto week 2...
    Jake went:
    23 of 40 for 249 yards (57.5%) nothing fancy but he also snaked 6 times for 23 yards with a long of 9!!! Go Jake!!!

Now I didn't see the game, and judging from the score I didn't miss much, but lets grade on as usual... Shanny shoulda ran the SAFE play & KICK TO WIN!?!?!?!?!

Oh I give Jake another B, he did what he needed to...
    A
    9.76%
    A-
    7.32%
    B+
    19.51%
    B
    17.07%
    B-
    7.32%
    C+
    0.00%
    C
    0.00%
    C-
    2.44%
    D
    7.32%
    Ya KICK IT to WIN SHANNY, thats all ya had to do.....
    29.27%

The poll is expired.

"B"

Jake looked pretty good. No picks. No TDs, either.

Just kick it, Shanny!

Comment

I give Jake an A.

He kept us in the game the entire day, and was even able to find the open receive when the defense knew we were passing. He felt the pressure and avoided it as needed...

At the end of the game he lead us on a game winning(should have been) drive. He did what every quaterback should and that is give us the opportunity to win the game.

I can't fault him for anything this week. I split the handoff between the two, Q and Jake, and look for them to make a statement next week against the chargers, where I will be making the trip to the game to sit in a nice nosebleed section 523....

Go Broncos!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iJerry
        I give Jake an A.

He kept us in the game the entire day....

Go Broncos!!
        So should have I given this poll an "A+" posibility!?!??! I just couldn't really see the need for it cuase I would have hoped for WAY MORE STATS from him to justify needing that grade... then again tis just me asuming the grading system needed every week and I could be wrong...

Comment

I'm gonna have to go with a B-, because stats are ok, but TD passes are better.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Snake16
            So should have I given this poll an "A+" posibility!?!??! I just couldn't really see the need for it cuase I would have hoped for WAY MORE STATS from him to justify needing that grade... then again tis just me asuming the grading system needed every week and I could be wrong...
            Well, Jake appears to only have one reciever, the rest fail to get open and/or catch a ball when it is thrown their way. That allows a defense that is as good as Jax that is stopping the run to cover our WR like a blanket...Jake made the right decisions and did his job and did it well...I can't give him a B for doing his job well. Last week an easy B, could have cost us the game, but came back to alleviate those mistakes. We were there, and when the game was put in his hands and not Q's we marched up the field until we tried to run it again. I can't blame Jake for that. I stand by my A rating...
            Last edited by iJerry; 09-20-2004, 11:11 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

A... He and the D kept us in the game till' the last second.
              sigpic

Comment

I gave him a B plus only because he didn't throw a TD. TDs change everything.
                BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
                IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

B-

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

B: no big mistakes, but nothing great either. good # of passing yards, but no TDs.

if that fumble was his fault i'd drop him to a C+ though.
                    sigpic
                    go broncos
                    share the sidewalk
                    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Live at the game

I give him a C+ because there were a couple of times when Jake held the ball too long...He could of ran for a couple of first downs...I also think he could have stepped up the passing game...they relied on a running game that was obviously having a hard time against the Jags defense

Comment

Re: Live at the game

Originally posted by 1974 bronco
                        I also think he could have stepped up the passing game...
                        I'd love for Jake to do just that every week but doesn't Shanny really tell Jake what to do???

Comment

Working...
                        X