Griffin's week 1 performance a fluke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffin's week 1 performance a fluke?

DeShaun Foster ripped up the Chiefs as well....

So does this mean that Q is only good against terrible run defenses?

Or Deshaun good as well?

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

i wouldn't call it a fluke...i would say his ability falls somewhere in between the two performances he has put up so far.
    One game against a very good run defense and one against a horrible one. I think he's solid and against the middle-of the pack defenses, he should be good for 90-110 yards IMO.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

He had what...20+ carries...he should have gotten at least 4 yards a carry.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Q is a solid back that will get better with time. The soft D of the Chiefs helped, but he made a lot of those plays himself. You see how he had to make his cuts two yards deeper than normal, which also means that the linebackers now have time to react. The jags have a good run D, and we refused to run outside or to play-action fake to a screen pass to loosen them up, for what reason, I don't know.

Look for a rebound performance, and a consistant contributer this year from Q. Also, we cannot blame the fumble on Q as it was both Jake and Q who mishandled the handoff. It happens sometimes, no excuse, but it does.

I don't think the team feels any worse about Q, and Q will be harder on himself than any of you can. I support him, and know what it is like to give your all for something bad to happen. My emotions are with the Broncos this week to overcome a trying loss, and to re-group and dominate, with a revenge call later on iin the year!
        sigpic

Comment

maybe...but i think people underestimated the streak that Jacksonville has going as far as not allowing a 100 yard rusher.
          I do think people were wrong to say that Q is as good or better than Clinton Portis.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Well, foster is a good back, he showed that last year getting alot of carries in the playoffs, but with that said i dont think foster could do much against the jags either, i mean no back has in the last 18 games, thats just a very good run defense, i dont think Q ' game against K.C is a fluke, i mean if you go back and look at the jags game, the guy didnt have any where to run , the D-line of the jags did a good job on our O-line, plain and simple their line beat our line 80 percent of the time we ran the ball, i think that will be the best run defense we see all year, so i expect much more success running the ball from now on.
            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

It was not a fluke....the holes weren't opening up. Our O-Line were out muscled in a BIG way. The Jags front D-Line were 340+ and are very underated...look at Travis Henry against the Jags at home: 23 carries for 75 yards...and the Bills' O-Line is better matched weight wise.

Our O-line is phenomenal, but you can only push 340+ lbs around for so long before getting tired. One plus though, they didn't allow a single sack.

Our RBs are taught that it's one cut and go...don't dance. We also saw Q getting sent straight up the middle for most of the second half. We ran well against the Jags in the first quarter until the Jags adjusted and shut down the lanes. I have no idea WHY Shanny stopped the roll-outs, they were working well! He just kept cramming Q up the middle.

Bad play calling, a huge D-Line outmatching our O-line...that's the problem with our running game against the Jags...NOT Q.
              Last edited by TxBroncoFan; 09-20-2004, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Re: Griffin's week 1 performance a fluke?

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                DeShaun Foster ripped up the Chiefs as well....

So does this mean that Q is only good against terrible run defenses?

Or Deshaun good as well?
                I knew AO would be the first to take advantage of a bad game.

Plain and simple there D- line plyed better then our O line. If you dont have holes or if they cant stop the D line, how do you expect to do anything on the run?

"Eating crow can be healthy, but it sure is difficult to swallow!"

Comment

DeShaun is a killer runner, i've always liked him. But no, it wasn't a fluke. Don't you understand that the Jags defense kept a runner under 100 yards 17 strait times which would include runners of... Travis Henry, Edgerrin James, Eddie George, etc.
                  sigpic

Comment

awww AO you just wanna find something wrong with him - LOL

Our OL looked horrible - his YPC is gonna suck because of the several times he got negative yds - and the fact that he was trying to run the ball up the middle more than not doesnt help either - cut him some slack - this was a piss poor performance by the whole Denver Broncos org. from top to bottom, IMO - look at the 3rd down stats - HORRIBLE - at half time some adjusting to the game plan needed to be done and I see that as a fault of shanny's - i dont see him adjusting well - if his plans dont work from the start, we almost always lose those games - and not in this instance but whenver we have a hugs lead going into the second half or 4th qtr, we tend to change the way we play and let the other team creep back - another big flaw i see in shanny's play calling - but hey im just me - WTF do I know

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420

Our OL looked horrible - his YPC is gonna suck because of the several times he got negative yds - and the fact that he was trying to run the ball up the middle more than not doesnt help either - cut him some slack - this was a piss poor performance by the whole Denver Broncos org. from top to bottom, IMO - look at the 3rd down stats - HORRIBLE - at half time some adjusting to the game plan needed to be done and I see that as a fault of shanny's - i dont see him adjusting well - if his plans dont work from the start, we almost always lose those games - and not in this instance but whenver we have a hugs lead going into the second half or 4th qtr, we tend to change the way we play and let the other team creep back - another big flaw i see in shanny's play calling - but hey im just me - WTF do I know
                      Im just me but I agree with you. If you look back at the game. There were NO holes throughout the game. We were lucky to get the yards we did. The O line got man handled.

"Eating crow can be healthy, but it sure is difficult to swallow!"

Comment

Good question, what do you know? Our Oline did not look horrible, they just brought safety and LB blitz' on almost every play. They have a great D and lets leave it at that.
                        sigpic

Comment

Quentin is average, but for those idiotic donkey fans who call him the next Barry Sanders, I say, yeah right, more like the next Warrick Dunn. 2 year wonder.
                          [QUOTE]
                          If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                            Good question, what do you know? Our Oline did not look horrible, they just brought safety and LB blitz' on almost every play. They have a great D and lets leave it at that.
                            A good O line stops that and IMO we give their D too much credit -and our O line had plenty of dumb penalties again -

And as far as what do i know - apparantly more than you - i am not the one asking if that was really a fumble - when is a botched handoff where the ball gets dropped not a fumble -

And PS shouldnt your lil ass be in school
                            Last edited by orangenblue420; 09-20-2004, 11:15 AM.

Comment

A good O line stops that and IMO we give their D too much credit -and our O line had plenty of dumb penalties again -

And as far as what do i know - apparantly more than you - i am not the one asking if that was really a fumble - when is a botched handoff where the ball gets dropped not a fumble -

And PS shouldnt your lil ass be in school
                              We had off because of my school was flooded. And I couldn't see if he had possesion or not, but if he did, we got screwed. Again, if he didn't have possesion it wasn't Qs fault so why don't all these people shut it about it being his fault.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X