No announcement yet.

Champ is still the #1 CB IMO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bailey's been the best cornerback in the league for 6 years, that's not changing anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High 151 View Post
      Bailey's been the best cornerback in the league for 6 years, that's not changing anytime soon.
      real talk...u know I just noticed you today lol but ur a very smart poster

Comment

On paper ...Do you guys think that this is the best defensive roster that Champ has played with since joining the Broncos ....

Its hard to believe but look at the amount of 1st round picks that was on the starting roster of the '05 defense that imo mistakingly was built to beat the Colts ....

Just some other thoughts ...Man looking back Denver had some run at the LB position .....I was never a big fan of the Lynch/Ferguson safety combo ....I wish Darrent Williams was still here ....Also if anyone could rehash why the Broncos let Trevor Pryce go ???

'05 Defense ....

LDE Courtney Brown 1st
        LDT Michael Myers 4th
        RDT Gerard Warren 1st
        RDE Trevor Pryce 1st
        LLB D.J. Williams 1st
        MLB Al Wilson 1st
        RLB Ian Gold 2nd
        LCB Champ Bailey 1st
        RCB Darrent Williams 2nd
        RCB Domonique Foxworth 3rd
        SS Nick Ferguson
        FS John Lynch 3rd

'09
        DE 98 R. McBean
        NT 91 R. Fields
        DE 90 K. Peterson
        OLB 57 M. Haggan
        ILB 54 A. Davis
        ILB 55 D.J. Williams
        OLB 92 E. Dumervil
        LCB 24 C. Bailey
        RCB 21 A. Goodman
        S 23 R. Hill
        S 20 B. Dawkins
        Last edited by LarryDean; 10-25-2009, 02:57 AM.
        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
          On paper ...Do you guys think that this is the best defensive roster that Champ has played with since joining the Broncos ....

Its hard to believe but look at the amount of 1st round picks that was on the starting roster of the '05 defense that imo mistakingly was built to beat the Colts ....

Just some other thoughts ...Man looking back Denver had some run at the LB position .....I was never a big fan of the Lynch/Ferguson safety combo ....I wish Darrent Williams was still here ....Also if anyone could rehash why the Broncos let Trevor Pryce go ???

'05 Defense ....

LDE Courtney Brown 1st
          LDT Michael Myers 4th
          RDT Gerard Warren 1st
          RDE Trevor Pryce 1st
          LLB D.J. Williams 1st
          MLB Al Wilson 1st
          RLB Ian Gold 2nd
          LCB Champ Bailey 1st
          RCB Darrent Williams 2nd
          RCB Domonique Foxworth 3rd
          SS Nick Ferguson
          FS John Lynch 3rd

'09
          DE 98 R. McBean
          NT 91 R. Fields
          DE 90 K. Peterson
          OLB 57 M. Haggan
          ILB 54 A. Davis
          ILB 55 D.J. Williams
          OLB 92 E. Dumervil
          LCB 24 C. Bailey
          RCB 21 A. Goodman
          S 23 R. Hill
          S 20 B. Dawkins
          BROWNCOS!!!
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            BROWNCOS!!!
            I never did like their overall talent level but the cohesivenss that they played with had been lacking up until this year and as a unit the DC's and Shanahan was not able to reestablish after '05...

I have read over the past couple weeks .... What if the Broncos didnt draft Cutler and went with Haloti Ngata instead .....

Help me out here did DJ move to MLB for the '06 season ?? That was two major voids losing both Pyrce and Wilson going into the '06 season .... Pro Bowl talent that obviously was not and has not been easy to replace until someone with a different direction ....

I dont think McD will make the same mistakes .... But it would raise a red flag imo if down the road if he replaces good talent with scrubs ... Like Nate Webster ....
            Last edited by LarryDean; 10-25-2009, 03:17 AM.

Comment

I never did like their overall talent level but the cohesivenss that they played with had been lacking up until this year ...
              Just think about what we have in the defense this year.

We have a secondary unit that has seen the mountain top, and has went from worst to first.

We have a line thats seen playoffs and Super Bowls.

We have LB's that do nothing but flow to the ball.

...this defense...its special.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Speaking as a non Broncos fans I can safely say Champ has been exceptional this year. I don't know why teams are throwing at him (for some reason Jason Garrett decided that going after Champ was the way forward, they threw at him 16 times - hence why Dallas fans are fed up of Garrett)

He already has 7 pass deflections this year which is great and if he stays healthy he's a shoe in for All Pro.

What is more remarkable is that teams aren't targetting Goodman, who is massively inferior and has never been a great cornerback, but they're taking it easy on him.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  ...this defense...its special.
                  Not disagreeing with that at all ...

Comment

I would definatly say he is near the top..... But nnandi is the best. He is now what Champ was in 06.
                    Reveas is coming up fast but he has a long way to go before he is at that level.
                    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

....Also if anyone could rehash why the Broncos let Trevor Pryce go ???

Yeah, Pryce was coming off major back surgery, wanted a fat pay raise or didn't want to take a pay cut (can't remember which) and was not producing as he had in years past.

Comment

While Asomugha has only been thrown to 8 times, he has let 7 of those balls to be completed as one of those was a TD. As opposed to champ who is only alloing 46.5% completion rate and no TDs.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                          I agree man Champ is the best in the game today. I bet the day he retires he will be first ballot Hall of Famer!! If some how Champ doesn't than Hall of Fame is a joke.
                          That ship set sail a long time ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                            I agree man Champ is the best in the game today. I bet the day he retires he will be first ballot Hall of Famer!! If some how Champ doesn't than Hall of Fame is a joke.
                            Shannon Sharpe was the leading TE of all-time when he retired. He blocked for the number #1 rushing team in the NFL and he couldn't get in the first time.

THat being said as good as Shannon was he wasn't as good as Bailey. When it comes to Broncos and the HOF I never take anything for granted.... other than Elway of course.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                              I would definatly say he is near the top..... But nnandi is the best. He is now what Champ was in 06.
                              Reveas is coming up fast but he has a long way to go before he is at that level.
                              oh yeahhh???...cuzz last I checked Nnamdi has never done anyyyything like

10 INTS
                              5 in OUR own endzone!
                              0 TD's Allowed
                              only 6 completions on 31 throws
                              162 INT return yards

that's Champ's 06 stats....that is by farrr the best season ever by a CB

Nnamdi has never ever been the ballhawk Champ is thass y I hate when people talk about him like he does what Champ did and still does...and Champ had NOT been targeted 16x against dallas, and neither has he had 39 throws his way this year...idk WHO or HOW they are getting those stats, but I have every game on DVR, and that is wayyyyyy off....Champ just wasn't healthy last year so every1 gave Nnamdi the crown...but now that he's back...plz explain HOWWW Nnamdi is better???

As said before, Champ's been the best the last 6 years...that ain't changin anytime soon, because mentally he's SOOOO far ahead of all these corners...u never see a back shoulder throw on Bailey or something rookie like on Champ, he simply plays CB at a level most never can...
                              Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 10-25-2009, 12:32 PM.

Comment

yea champ is seriously still the best he still gets his hands on the ball...

and never if ever or rarely beyond rare does he get P-I called on him....

the man is still the best in the league these football pundits dont know maaaaaan....

they just dont knooooooooooow!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X