Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy Cow Batman! Robert Ayers Is Playing Very Good (stats)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Holy Cow Batman! Robert Ayers Is Playing Very Good (stats)

    Credit goes to buckinbronco for finding this site.

    http://profootballfocus.com/by_posit...=25&numgames=1

    According to this site, Robert Ayers is the 6th best Outer Linebacker in the NFL in terms of play.

    Elvis Dumervil is 9th.

    Mario Haggan is 14th.

    I can't really explain these stats, because they're so detailed. Just check them out and be amazed.

    EDIT: Let's get one thing straight here.. This site is legitimate. The reason why some guys are rated higher/lower than other guys than you'd expect is because it rates a player on their OVERALL play. It doesn't just take into account yards and touchdowns like fantasy football.

    For example: Antonio Gates is probably the #1 tight end in fantasy football because of the catches and yardage he's putting up.

    But in terms of overall play, Tony Scheffler has been a much better blocker than him (i'm really impressed with how much better Scheffler is at blocking, just watch him in games) and is still a great threat as a receiver, thus he's 8 and Antonio Gates is 9.

    It isn't all about yards and touchdowns. This site understands that and rates players based on their overall play in all aspects of the game. That's why it's truly an amazing website.
    Last edited by getlynched47; 10-24-2009, 11:20 PM.


    sigpic


    FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



    :cool:

  • #2
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Credit goes to buckinbronco for finding this site.

    http://profootballfocus.com/by_posit...=25&numgames=1

    According to this site, Robert Ayers is the 6th best Outer Linebacker in the NFL in terms of play.

    Elvis Dumervil is 9th.

    Mario Haggan is 14th.

    I can't really explain these stats, because they're so detailed. Just check them out and be amazed.
    Cool. Also enjoyed seeing Merriman at the bottom of the list.

    Comment


    • #3
      that site is bs. There is no way he is better than Dumervil. Dumervil hasn't looked that bad against the run this year and he has 10 sacks.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by masterQP View Post
        that site is bs. There is no way he is better than Dumervil. Dumervil hasn't looked that bad against the run this year and he has 10 sacks.
        It is legit.

        Looking around at the site, these guys know what they're talking about.

        Robert Ayers has come on the past few weeks, and he'll only get better.

        Just because he doesn't have sacks doesn't mean he is playing poorly. Even in an article by denverbroncos.com they interviewed various defensive coaches and all of them said that Ayers was playing very well and that he is a huge reason why Elvis Dumervil is collecting the sacks he has thus far.

        He ties up guys, and keeps contain on the QB and lets Elvis Dumervil beat his guy 1-on-1

        Believe it.


        sigpic


        FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



        :cool:

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by masterQP View Post
          that site is bs. There is no way he is better than Dumervil. Dumervil hasn't looked that bad against the run this year and he has 10 sacks.
          True. But I still enjoyed seeing 2 Chargers players at the bottom of the list.

          Comment


          • #6
            Holy Cow robin!!

            Look at Kyle Orton against pressure and blitzes. He's unbelievably successful:

            http://profootballfocus.com/gstats.p...ts=p&playerid=

            scroll to the bottom of the page


            sigpic


            FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



            :cool:

            Comment


            • #7
              http://profootballfocus.com/by_posit...=25&numgames=1


              Thats the link to the Inside LB's. DJ has a good rating and Andre Davis is looking more and more like an amazing pick up!! he is #6 DJ is #21. There are a lot more good ILB according to this site so DJ's ranking really is better than it looks.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Caliraiderhater View Post
                http://profootballfocus.com/by_posit...=25&numgames=1


                Thats the link to the Inside LB's. DJ has a good rating and Andre Davis is looking more and more like an amazing pick up!! he is #6 DJ is #21. There are a lot more good ILB according to this site so DJ's ranking really is better than it looks.
                Yup.

                And Champ's play is the 2nd best in the league also.

                And another surprise is Vonnie Holliday! The guy is the 5th rated defensive end in the entire NFL!

                Ryan McBean is 29, Kenny Peterson is 33.


                sigpic


                FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                :cool:

                Comment


                • #9
                  stupid website
                  Backing Eric Berry as Broncos #1 Pick 2010

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                    Yup.

                    And Champ's play is the 2nd best in the league also.

                    And another surprise is Vonnie Holliday! The guy is the 5th rated defensive end in the entire NFL!

                    Ryan McBean is 29, Kenny Peterson is 33.
                    Darrell Reid is 18 too.

                    http://profootballfocus.com/by_posit...=25&numgames=1

                    Buckhalter's play is #5 of HBs.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      LOL what the hell are those stats
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                        Yup.

                        And Champ's play is the 2nd best in the league also.

                        And another surprise is Vonnie Holliday! The guy is the 5th rated defensive end in the entire NFL!

                        Ryan McBean is 29, Kenny Peterson is 33.
                        1st in coverage...although I actually think it justttt now changed for some reason, but they're trippin' Revis is nottttttttt that good

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          week in and week out when my dad hears, sees, thinks about, or anything else to do with Prater he thinks denver needs a new Kicker, yet Prater is number 1
                          "When I am on this board I feel like....


                          A male guest speaker at a conference for menaupausal divorcee women..."

                          MoXplant


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by toxicdonut View Post
                            stupid website
                            why? It's actually a very amazing website, when you think about all the work that they put in to put those kind of stats there. If you highlight the box of the stat, it tells you EXACTLY what that statistic is.

                            It's not a stupid site. You just obviously don't know how do use it.


                            sigpic


                            FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                            :cool:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Tony Scheffler 8th
                              Antonio Gates 9th

                              Edit: i wasnt trying to say "why is gates worse then scheffler" i was trying to say "look sheffler is doing better than gates."
                              Last edited by bobybushia; 10-24-2009, 11:41 PM.
                              "When I am on this board I feel like....


                              A male guest speaker at a conference for menaupausal divorcee women..."

                              MoXplant


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X