Anyone else worried about this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else worried about this game?

Just saw a stat that says it has been 5 years since a team won back to back games against teams coming off a bye. We have to travel all the way across the country. I know we can win this game but it seems like we have a lot going against us at this point. Oh by the way we have to play a 3rd consecutive game against a team coming off the bye next weekend in the Steelers. To say the schedule is stacked against us would be an understatement as it's hard to see us winning either of the next two games.

A team is a team. Period. Goofy stats like that don't matter, ask Tom Brady about his 7-0 OT wins...oh wait, 7-1.

Guts, heart, and talent matter. We have all three.

Broncos, Bring the SmashMouth Football, 2009!
    sigpic

Comment

it wont be easy, ravens are a heck of a team... on a related note.. it wont be easy for them either

Im excited, I love tough schedules
      sigpicI am from BRONCOLOMBIA

Comment

The Vikings didn't beat the Steelers, because Favre kept turning over the ball. KO won't be making those same mistakes.

I'm not looking at the Steelers game just yet. Right now I see us playing a 3-3 Ravens team that is struggling to find it's identity after Ryan left. Barring us beating ourselves I don't see us losing to the Ravens.
        Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

they are 3-3.

KC 24 @ BAL 38
          BAL 31 @ SD 26
          CLE 3 @ BAL 34
          BAL 21 @ NE 27
          CIN 17 @ BAL 14
          BAL 31 @ MIN 33

and look who they've lost to.

not worried at all.
          KO is Da Man!!! always knew he had it in him. :orton:

Comment

It's been 5 years because teams usually aren't scheduled with back to back opponents coming off of byes.

I am worried though...but I was worried about Cincinnati, Dallas, New England, and even San Diego. Baltimore is a good team, and they will be at home. But our Broncos know that and will be prepared to face them.

That's interesting though, I never realized we are playing 3 consecutive teams coming off of a bye.

sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I'm less worried about it now than I was 2 months ago. If the Broncos just keep playing the way they have all year, then they have a chance to win every week. I think the D can stiffle their running game and put Flacco on his rear a few times - just like they have for 6 weeks. Offense is improving every week. Sprinkle in some good ST play and this game looks very winnable.:go:
              sigpic

Comment

The Ravens are a talented team, but so are we. Any way you look at it, it looks like a pretty even game and I think it will also be low-scoring. In the end, I think our defense will stop their offense and ultimately win the game for us.
                sigpic
                Made by Houshmazode

Comment

We can win the next two games. Won't be easy but our chances are pretty good. Orton will have to play really well because they will stop the run. Ray Rice might be a problem, but our defense has been great so far. And our front seven might have a big day if Roethlisberger tries those double, triple pump fakes to dislocate our secondary.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IrateBearsFan View Post
                    they are 3-3.

KC 24 @ BAL 38
                    BAL 31 @ SD 26
                    CLE 3 @ BAL 34
                    BAL 21 @ NE 27
                    CIN 17 @ BAL 14
                    BAL 31 @ MIN 33

and look who they've lost to.

not worried at all.
                    They have lost to 3 pretty good teams. Why doesn't that worry you?
                    But I do think the Broncos will win. As long as the defense plays well and with McD having two weeks to prepare they should handle Baltimore.

Comment

The fact that we're coming off a bye helps us at least work on our passing game some as well as short yardage situations hopefully. The Ravens are tough and IMO the Steelers tougher but the schedule this year has made every team we played look tough. As long as we keep playing tough defense and great second half adjustments it's hard pressed to say we can't win every game we play.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingsfan28 View Post

But I do think the Broncos will win. As long as the defense plays well and with McD having two weeks to prepare they should handle Baltimore.
                        Two of those teams they lost to, we beat.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vikingsfan28 View Post

It's true they lost to 3 pretty good teams. 2 of which we beat. That tells me that we have a decent shot at beating the Ravens. They will have to strap on their pads, and go out there fighting like they do for every game.
                          Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Of course the game worries me. But based on what I've seen thus far from our team, those worries are diminished. I'm not saying we will roll over them. It should be a great game. And I think we have everything we need in place to be successful no matter whom we play.
                            sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by AK's#1BroncoFan View Post
                              A team is a team. Period. Goofy stats like that don't matter, ask Tom Brady about his 7-0 OT wins...oh wait, 7-1.
                              I was just about to type that, turns out it was the first reply

Only thing that worries me about the Ravens is Ray Rice. He's been on fire lately.
                              sigpic
                              - ★ -
                              2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Working...
                              X