No announcement yet.

Anyone else worried about this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baltimore will be desperate for a win so, yes, I am worried. I hate to say this but, my gut tells me this will be the first loss and sadly my gut also tells me we will lose to the Steelers. I think we lose the next two games and everyone starts jumping off the bandwagon in the media but, that we bounce back and win the next 4 games.. lose to Indy and then win the final 3 of the season. That is my hunch. I have to admit though, that I am a worrier... I never watch a game with total confidence and think this will be a blow-out. I have not felt that confident in the Broncos since the SB years. I am amazed at how some fans can be so confident and even cocky about things... it is so not my nature. I worry about all the games... I do not know why but, there is a part of me that half expects everything to come tumbling down.
    My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Comment

Originally posted by golfgirl View Post
      Hello everyone out there! I'm new to this site and have a question. I am worried about this game but for another reason...On my way to work this morning I heard a quick sound bite on the the Denver radio Station - KOA - said something about some Denver Broncos involved in a gambling ring. Has anyone else heard this? I can't find anything about it anywhere. That's all we need, playing well, everyone seems to be getting along and then news lke that.....There wasn't any more information about it and I haven't heard any more.. surely they wouldn't say something like that over the air unless there was something to it.

Nothing major. There was a guy caught running a big "Poker club" with some other gambling issues and some of the people that went there were supposedly Broncos Players. But no names have been released and the only reports I've seen have been "FORMER" broncos players.

Here's the link:

CBS4 story

Man Pleads Guilty Over Denver Poker Club
      DENVER (AP) ― A man who prosecutors say ran a high-stakes Denver poker club whose customers included prominent athletes, media personalities, attorneys and doctors has pleaded guilty to violating the Colorado Organized Crime Control Act.

Jeffrey Castardi, 48, could face eight to 24 years in prison at a sentencing hearing Dec. 14 in Jefferson County District Court, state Attorney General John Suthers said Monday.

An indictment accused Castardi and others of running an illegal gambling and sports betting business at the Gin Rummy Club. They also were accused of loan-sharking, money laundering, tax evasion, theft and unlawful debt collection.

Two men associated with the Denver club committed suicide. One had accrued about $60,000 in gambling debts at the Gin Rummy Club, the indictment said. Castardi suspected the other of stealing from the club.

Former Denver Broncos running back Rod Bernstine has said he played at the club five or six times.

But this is very much off topic, and I'm sure there's another thread about it somewhere. I still see no reason to "worry" about this game any more than normal.

Comment

First off, all NFL games are between players who get paid to play the game, just ask the Eagle fans about the Raiders game. Second, somewhere along the line someone said "If you want to be the best, then you have to beat the best."
        From what I have seen, this team seems to have something special going for, teamwork, character, hard work, and a desire to win (as a team).

Comment

I'm only worried to see if the team comes back and plays fundamental football after the bye week. This is McD's first bye, but he's handled everything else really well. I'm presently surprised that Marshal didn't get arrested, and no negative major headlines were made.

McD probably took all of about 2 hours off, and then right back to the office, I wouldn't be surprised, if the offense has a shinny new "wrinkle" that no one has tape on. Whether it is extensive use of "I" formations with hillis and a TB to pound down the Defense early, or if it is stretching the field.

I would be more shocked if it's the same looking team, than if it is quite different, formation wise, strategy wise ect.

Early season is to get used to each other, make some plays and develop the strengths and weaknesses of your team, after the bye it is about developing a plethora of things that you can do well, and use to win against great teams, and build a playoff ready team, one building week at a time.
          Last edited by owninit; 10-27-2009, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Ravens is a strong team but it has several problems that we can explore. NFL analysts had this to say after the Vikings loss. It seems that we have more opportunity here than in many of our games.

Ravens impressed early aganist teams with problems. I still think we should be massively favored to win

Comment

McD has had 2 weeks by the time the game is played to find out what Baltimore's weaknesses are and will draw up a game plan on how to exploit them. He & his coaching staff have done an AMAZING job getting this team prepared & I expect more of the same this week. Does that guarantee victory? Of course not, but I take comfort in knowing this team WILL be prepared to play, just like every week.
              sigpic

Comment

I am worried but I have faith. Actually Ravens and Colts scare me the most. if we get through Baltmore than we will be in pretty good shape. we might even beat the colts. I take it one game at a time though. right now we are 6-0 and its great, 6-1 wont be that bad, but 7-0 will be even better.
                GO Broncos!!

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
                  If you think Fabian Washington and Dominique Foxworth are gonna be able to stop Marshall and Royal....then you should worry. But for me (Like the other 99.99% of the fans) I don't think so.
                  ^^. There corners on Royal, BMarsh, Gaffney, Stokley, Scheffler. I like our chances, there going to have to double BMarsh. There secondary doesnt scare me outside of Ed Reed. Solid WR's, Champ will lock up mason. If we contain there run game, play turnover free football, i like our chances.
                  Last edited by ERoyal248; 10-27-2009, 09:51 AM.

Comment

To put it simply, no. I'm not worried at all.
                    Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

I believe this will be a stiff test for both sides of the ball. But we aren't the same mistake filled team we were last year. Cutler was careless, and threw too many interceptions. Our defense last year was just horrid in doing anything right. Now we are more cautious on offense and don't make many, if any, mistakes at all. So if the Ravens want to beat the Denver Broncos this year, they'll have to figure out a way to make us make more mistakes. I just don't see that happening.
                      WIN 24-10
                      Play the football MMORPG called GOAL LINE BLITZ! You can create your own players and your own team! Sign up at this link :

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=34994725

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
                        Nothing major. There was a guy caught running a big "Poker club" with some other gambling issues and some of the people that went there were supposedly Broncos Players. But no names have been released and the only reports I've seen have been "FORMER" broncos players.

Here's the link:

CBS4 story

But this is very much off topic, and I'm sure there's another thread about it somewhere. I still see no reason to "worry" about this game any more than normal.
                        Thanks for the information. I didn't want to stir up trouble or start rumors. I'm glad that's all it was. I love the Broncos and would have hated to see more controversy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Jedi View Post
                          If we win that battle, we win this game.
                          BINGO! Exactly:go::orton:
                          Don't Panic!

Comment

There's not a game on the schedule that can be classified as a game the Broncos can't win or are unlikely to win.

Why there would be such concern is unbelievable. While it can be assumed that the Broncos will lose a game at some point, that game can't be identified before it's played.

I'm sure the next game is going to be a tough one. The Broncos are built to win the tough games. The Ravens have been playing well on offense but the Broncos' defense has been shutting down good offenses in the second half and keeping the Broncos' offense close enough to come back in the second half. The Ravens' defense isn't as intimidating as it used to be. It's still good, but there's no reason to believe that the Broncos won't be able to score enough points to win.

The Broncos are also coming off of a bye and will have been working on ways to improve things that have given them trouble, such as short yardage offense. How about we give some credit to the Broncos for what they've accomplished so far this season and the fact that they are clearly a team that goes into a game prepared to play for sixty minutes?

Neither the Ravens nor the Steelers are unbeatable. How anyone can't see the Broncos beating either team is unbelievable. I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos lost one of those games but it doesn't make sense to be worried that they will lose one or both of them.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Not really worried about this game I think the Broncos are going to go 7-0

Though what I have thought of the lst few days but I dont think will become a factor because I think the team will get better and better as the season goes on ...Its not how a teams starts its how it finishes ....I thnk because of McD the team will be rdy to go dwn the stretch and something else I have been wanting to see back in Denver and thts having homefield advantage back ... 2 thngs I think that Denver has not be able to do or had the last 3 yrs ...
                              Last edited by LarryDean; 10-27-2009, 12:31 PM.
                              :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Think the Broncos will win if they score more points than the Ravens.

:salute!:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X