X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• owninit
    replied
    Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
    Just to start this.. I am not saying that you are wrong. But... this evening some guy who writes the AFC North blog for ESPN.. I believe his last name is Walker.. claims that the fact Denver is a ball controlling team, will play right into the Ravens hands. According to him Baltimore has trouble with QB's who fling it around and he thinks that Denver's ball controlling type of QB play won't work well against the Ravens. He also added that he thinks Denver is way over rated and not as good as Baltimore. Not saying I agree with this guy because I do not... I just found it interesting.

He also get's paid to be an AFC north homer.

Leave a comment:

• KansasKrista
    replied
    Originally posted by Markymarkuss777 View Post
    I believe this will be a stiff test for both sides of the ball. But we aren't the same mistake filled team we were last year. Cutler was careless, and threw too many interceptions. Our defense last year was just horrid in doing anything right. Now we are more cautious on offense and don't make many, if any, mistakes at all. So if the Ravens want to beat the Denver Broncos this year, they'll have to figure out a way to make us make more mistakes. I just don't see that happening.
    WIN 24-10
    Just to start this.. I am not saying that you are wrong. But... this evening some guy who writes the AFC North blog for ESPN.. I believe his last name is Walker.. claims that the fact Denver is a ball controlling team, will play right into the Ravens hands. According to him Baltimore has trouble with QB's who fling it around and he thinks that Denver's ball controlling type of QB play won't work well against the Ravens. He also added that he thinks Denver is way over rated and not as good as Baltimore. Not saying I agree with this guy because I do not... I just found it interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Sovereignty
    replied
    I really wish you guys luck. I, as a Ravens fan am worried..but I always have faith. We're a special team. And we've made some mistakes and the NFL is no longer allowing the old type of defense Baltimore had(smashmouth, in-your-face, and pure aggression) and it's had a real negative affect as well as Rex leaving. But..

I think we can patch our wounds.

Leave a comment:

• martz11
    replied
    Were going to lose this game. To me it doesn't matter anyways, I'm more worried about beating the Steelers because I believe it will be a bigger impact game on the playoffs if we make it.

Wins over the Steelers and Bengals....1 will win the North.

A win over the Patriots....most likley winner of the East

A win over the Colts...winner of the South.

...it would put us in great position "if" we beat all those teams, so I'm not to worried if we lose to the Ravens.

Leave a comment:

• thenewera44
    replied
    This game is the 4th in the 5 game gauntlet. I actually thought it was a good time for them to get a rest. Good coaches usually get their teams more ready with the bye, and we are going to see if Mcdaniels takes adavantage of that. Of course they are coming off their bye as well.

Ravens on the road is formidable and I think the toughest road game to date. Now, their defense appears to not be playing at the level Ryan had them in, but they still have great great players. They are in a need to win situation and that coach is better than Turner.

This is yet another team that is like an animal trapped in a corner. They need to keep pace with the Steeler and Bengals. They are 3-3 and if they lose, they are in trouble. The urgency behind good coaching, is tough to beat. Once again, Dawkins and company will need to match the intensity of a team that is always very intense and will be even more so due to the reasons mentioned.

I wish they would run the ZBS. Get Ngata running horizontally. Ray Ray...well what can you say? Reed...is perhaps the best S in the NFL right now.

Rice...........well....he is another version of Jones Drew or Sproles.

Orton....needs to maintain and not get all flustered. It will be tough.

:orton::go:

Leave a comment:

• neckbeard
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    We can win the next two games. Won't be easy but our chances are pretty good. Orton will have to play really well because they will stop the run. Ray Rice might be a problem, but our defense has been great so far. And our front seven might have a big day if Roethlisberger tries those double, triple pump fakes to dislocate our secondary.
    The Ravens are 7th against the run, but they're only 23rd against the pass. I don't think KO will have serious problems against them.

Likewise with Pittsburgh. 2nd against the run, but only 15th against the pass.

Considering that New England was #7 against the pass coming into the game @ Denver and KO put up 330 yards against them, I don't think that either Baltimore or the Steelers hold any terrors for Kyle or Josh...

Leave a comment:

• Gsam
    replied
    Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
    Think the Broncos will win if they score more points than the Ravens.

:salute!:
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• Legendary30
    replied
    Think the Broncos will win if they score more points than the Ravens.

:salute!:

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    Not really worried about this game I think the Broncos are going to go 7-0

Though what I have thought of the lst few days but I dont think will become a factor because I think the team will get better and better as the season goes on ...Its not how a teams starts its how it finishes ....I thnk because of McD the team will be rdy to go dwn the stretch and something else I have been wanting to see back in Denver and thts having homefield advantage back ... 2 thngs I think that Denver has not be able to do or had the last 3 yrs ...
    Last edited by LarryDean; 10-27-2009, 12:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    There's not a game on the schedule that can be classified as a game the Broncos can't win or are unlikely to win.

Why there would be such concern is unbelievable. While it can be assumed that the Broncos will lose a game at some point, that game can't be identified before it's played.

I'm sure the next game is going to be a tough one. The Broncos are built to win the tough games. The Ravens have been playing well on offense but the Broncos' defense has been shutting down good offenses in the second half and keeping the Broncos' offense close enough to come back in the second half. The Ravens' defense isn't as intimidating as it used to be. It's still good, but there's no reason to believe that the Broncos won't be able to score enough points to win.

The Broncos are also coming off of a bye and will have been working on ways to improve things that have given them trouble, such as short yardage offense. How about we give some credit to the Broncos for what they've accomplished so far this season and the fact that they are clearly a team that goes into a game prepared to play for sixty minutes?

Neither the Ravens nor the Steelers are unbeatable. How anyone can't see the Broncos beating either team is unbelievable. I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos lost one of those games but it doesn't make sense to be worried that they will lose one or both of them.

Leave a comment:

• broncofan2415
    replied
    Originally posted by Mile High Jedi View Post
    If we win that battle, we win this game.
    BINGO! Exactly:go::orton:

Leave a comment:

• golfgirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
    Nothing major. There was a guy caught running a big "Poker club" with some other gambling issues and some of the people that went there were supposedly Broncos Players. But no names have been released and the only reports I've seen have been "FORMER" broncos players.

Here's the link:

CBS4 story

But this is very much off topic, and I'm sure there's another thread about it somewhere. I still see no reason to "worry" about this game any more than normal.
    Thanks for the information. I didn't want to stir up trouble or start rumors. I'm glad that's all it was. I love the Broncos and would have hated to see more controversy.

Leave a comment:

• Markymarkuss777
    replied
    I believe this will be a stiff test for both sides of the ball. But we aren't the same mistake filled team we were last year. Cutler was careless, and threw too many interceptions. Our defense last year was just horrid in doing anything right. Now we are more cautious on offense and don't make many, if any, mistakes at all. So if the Ravens want to beat the Denver Broncos this year, they'll have to figure out a way to make us make more mistakes. I just don't see that happening.
    WIN 24-10

Leave a comment:

• famicommander
    replied
    To put it simply, no. I'm not worried at all.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
    If you think Fabian Washington and Dominique Foxworth are gonna be able to stop Marshall and Royal....then you should worry. But for me (Like the other 99.99% of the fans) I don't think so.
    ^^. There corners on Royal, BMarsh, Gaffney, Stokley, Scheffler. I like our chances, there going to have to double BMarsh. There secondary doesnt scare me outside of Ed Reed. Solid WR's, Champ will lock up mason. If we contain there run game, play turnover free football, i like our chances.
    Last edited by ERoyal248; 10-27-2009, 09:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X