Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Release Brett Kern

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Broncos Release Brett Kern

    Didn't see it posted yet .. if it is .. I apologize and Mod's please do your thing ..

    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...roncos-punter/

    Posted October 26, 2009, 11:41 am
    Berger new Broncos punter
    By Mike Klis


    The Broncos have signed NFL veteran and former University of Colorado punter Mitch Berger, who replaces Brett Kern.

    The Broncos have yet to formally announce the move, but Berger’s name plate is above the locker that until recently belonged to Kern.

    It appears the Broncos were unhappy with Kern’s tendency to boot long, but low-trajectory punts that were ideal for returning. San Diego’s Darren Sproles returned a punt for a touchdown last Monday night.


    - JohnnyK :salute!:
    JohnnyK ... Keepin it Live 24/7 >> 365!!


    :go::go:

  • #2
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o...Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...jerks
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

    Comment


    • #3
      I honestly thought that Colquitt was going to get the nod coming out of Pre-Season anyway .. so I am not super shocked .. I would however, LOVE to see some consistency in the Punting Game ... It's been a long time since we've had a GOOD Punter ... That wasn't Roided UP & Drunk (Todd Sauerbraun) .. LOL ...

      Oh Tom Rouen (sp?) .. where are you?
      Last edited by JohnnyK; 10-26-2009, 11:01 AM.
      JohnnyK ... Keepin it Live 24/7 >> 365!!


      :go::go:

      Comment


      • #4
        Saw this coming. But I don't know this new guy. Isn't Britton Colquitt sober?
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Mitch Berger

          Height: 6-4 Weight: 228 Age: 37

          Born: 6/24/1972 Kamloops Canada

          College: Colorado

          Experience: 15 Seasons
          PUNTS - 796
          AVG - 43.0
          LNG - 75
          IN 20 - 252

          Here is a Link to his NFL.com Profile ...

          http://www.nfl.com/players/mitchberg...s?id=BER067954

          Looks like a Wiley Veteran ...
          JohnnyK ... Keepin it Live 24/7 >> 365!!


          :go::go:

          Comment


          • #6
            Mitch Berger is a pretty decent punter from what I've seen. He played for the Steelers last year, so I got to see him when I watched the playoffs.
            Brock you like a hurricane!
            sigpic
            Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JohnnyK View Post
              Didn't see it posted yet .. if it is .. I apologize and Mod's please do your thing ..

              http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...roncos-punter/

              Posted October 26, 2009, 11:41 am
              Berger new Broncos punter
              By Mike Klis


              The Broncos have signed NFL veteran and former University of Colorado punter Mitch Berger, who replaces Brett Kern.

              The Broncos have yet to formally announce the move, but Berger’s name plate is above the locker that until recently belonged to Kern.

              It appears the Broncos were unhappy with Kern’s tendency to boot long, but low-trajectory punts that were ideal for returning. San Diego’s Darren Sproles returned a punt for a touchdown last Monday night.


              - JohnnyK :salute!:
              I liked Berger when he was with the Vikings but he must be about 50 years old?

              Comment


              • #8
                He's a good punter if he isn't worn out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah, it seems like he is getting up there in age .. But show me a quality kicker in the NFL younger than 30

                  maybe Mason Crosby (another CU product ) ..

                  I'm sure there are a few others, they are just not jumping off the page in my mind ...
                  JohnnyK ... Keepin it Live 24/7 >> 365!!


                  :go::go:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The dude is almost the same size as Marshall. What in the world?
                    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      good. kern really really sucked.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                        The dude is almost the same size as Marshall. What in the world?
                        I wonder if you can believe those numbers? I don't remember him being that big.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                          Saw this coming. But I don't know this new guy. Isn't Britton Colquitt sober?
                          I think Colquitt is kicking for somebody else.


                          Yeah, that's it. The guy for the Chiefs who had his punt blocked on Sunday was named Colquitt.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                            I think Colquitt is kicking for somebody else.


                            Yeah, that's it. The guy for the Chiefs who had his punt blocked on Sunday was named Colquitt.
                            Dustin Colquitt, his brother. But Britton is a free agent. And Mitch Berger is 37 years old, I wonder if he has a strong leg at all.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                              Dustin Colquitt, his brother. But Britton is a free agent. And Mitch Berger is 37 years old, I wonder if he has a strong leg at all.
                              Punting brothers, I see......

                              I wonder why we don't bring Britton back? I thought he looked pretty good in the pre-season.

                              Oh well, who knows.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X