Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting move..

Comment

Kern looked great during pre-season. I never did see him kick in a game the way he kicked in practice, though.

It's unfortunate, because he clearly has the ability to be a great punter. He just doesn't do it during the games.

PS: Your link is broken.

Comment

Kern didn't get cut because his leg wasn't strong enough. He got cut because he lacked directional skills. I saw the writing on the wall against San Diego when he kept kicking the ball into end zone instead of inside the 20.

Broncos schedule only gets tougher and with the great D they have if they can pin opponents inside the 10 instead of letting them start at 20, then Denver's chance of winning goes up.

Comment

Well I felt like Kern would be let go after he got chewed out by both coaches last game and the fact we have been working out other punters recently. As far as Mitch is concerned as long as he does a good job I don't care what age he is. Feagles has been punting for years and he's like 42 or something

Comment

Here's a working link for those who care to read:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13644231
            Brock you like a hurricane!
            sigpic
            Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
              Dustin Colquitt, his brother. But Britton is a free agent. And Mitch Berger is 37 years old, I wonder if he has a strong leg at all.
              Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              Punting brothers, I see......

I wonder why we don't bring Britton back? I thought he looked pretty good in the pre-season.

Oh well, who knows.
              Edit:

The kicking Colquitts!
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Kern held for Prater. I hope that doesn't become an issue. Prater doesn't need any more reasons to miss a kick.
                sigpic

"DENVER FINISHES FOOTBALL GAMES" - John Gruden on MNF

Comment

So last year the steelers had a Mitch Berger AND a Roethlesburger?

Man I'm getting hungry.
                  2013 Packers GM - Check my profile for trade block and draft picks.

Comment

According to his Wikipedia page, it says he's a good tackler, maybe he can make a touchdown saving tackle at some point this year. As long as he can punt good, I don't care if he's 80.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                      Edit:

The kicking Colquitts!
                      Apparently their dad was also in the NFL as a punter. Family tradition I guess

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                        Apparently their dad was also in the NFL as a punter. Family tradition I guess
                        Man. I'd hate to get in a fight with that family...

Comment

Directional Punting

I have long wondered why there arent more directional punters in the league. Instead of kicking the ball 400 feet in the air so that the coverage team can cover it, why not kick it out of bounds inside the 20? Back in the day, the old guys used to do that ALL THE TIME. It even seems easier than getting good accuracy and hangtime. BRING BACK THE COFFIN CORNER KICK.

So hopefully our new punter is from that era of punting. . . also, at his size, he isnt going to get pushed over like Kern did on the Sproles TD Monday Night. Do any of you remember that great open field tackle Sauerbraun made a few years ago where he forced a fumble? A good tackler, who can shed blocks as your last line of defense is important.
                          Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

I'm not surprised for a different reason. I think our kickoff and field goal kicker is also possibly on a short leash. Why?

In the San Diego game some people were commenting why can't our kicks go into the end zone? The answer is our kicker's leg strength has been disguised by the Denver alltitude. They do not have the leg strength that people thought they had.

I suspect that when Josh brought in the other kicker that became apparent. Denver's altitude can lend life to an older, but good kicker. Remember, we have the advantage of playing half the games in Denver.

The one aspect of this release that I'm not comfortible with is that Kern has been the holder on the field goals. In my era the holder was often a QB for a whole variety of reasons. I would prefer to see Orton or Simms be the holder on field goals. I don't know who is going to take over that job.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                              Man. I'd hate to get in a fight with that family...
                              I bet they would kick your ass. Sorry I had to say it.

Comment

I wonder if the players will vote Kern a Super Bowl share.

Comment

Working...
                                X