Broncos Release Brett Kern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tman24 View Post
    I bet they would kick your ass. Sorry I had to say it.
    It's not my ass I'm worried about them kicking.

Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
      Edit:

The kicking Colquitts!
      Now only if we could get them to celebrate after their punts, like the Gramatica brothers did after kicking their field goals.
      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
      Adopted By:
      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
      Broncbeat

Comment

I like this move .....

Accountability and I think its pretty obvious that McD didnt think Kern was getting the job done .... :wave:
        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Woohooo! Our new punter!! I'm so excited!!!

Okay not really... But oh well at least we got bye week news... Good luck to Kern
          sigpic

Comment

Kern always had ability, IMO he just didn't know how to control it.

Berger has had success despite his age, so welcome to Denver.

Comment

Maybe we draft one next year? We have a young team, well balanced, plenty of draft picks. I could see spending a pick on a long-term punter if a really good prospect is out there.
              Respect...it's earned, not given.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ExBearFan View Post
                Maybe we draft one next year? We have a young team, well balanced, plenty of draft picks. I could see spending a pick on a long-term punter if a really good prospect is out there.
                We wouldn't have to give up more than a 6th for one of the top punters. You can find quality legs in UDFA too.

Comment

In McDaniels We Trust. We have learned that right?

Comment

If somebody told me before the day started that a player on this team was cut and replaced... Kern would have been my second guess.

First guess? Matt Prater. Sorry, but it's true.
                    - [B]BroncoFanCanada

Comment

What is with all of these personnel moves? Can't we keep some consistency around here? It's like a revolving door with all of these...wait...what? Oh. Nevermind.

Comment

I'm really upset to hear this. Kern was a great young punter. We'll see how this new guy does.
                        Demaryius Thomas Army Soldier #24

Comment

If you are inside opposition territory but too far for a field goal and your punter can't pin the other team inside the ten you've got problems.

Like if you're at the forty something looking at a fifty plus yard FG on fourth and short you're better off going for it than punting a touchback. A net of twenty-some yards in field position versus a chance to retain possession going for it, is a no brainer. If you can pin them tho, it's a different story.

Kern was struggling with placement for sure, had a few shanks too.

sigpic
                          \

Comment

Apparently Kern kicks lower and straighter... that is to say he out-kicks the coverage. The result, Kern had the second worst average for punt return yardage against... 14.9 yds per return.

I guess in McDaniels' world, that gets you the gate. I trust the coach, and am totally fine with this move.

Go Broncos!

Comment

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No no no no no no no

I watched multiple Steelers games last year, and all I can tell you is that Mitch Berger was absolutely HORRIBLE.

I mean hideous. He sucked so hard in Pittsburgh

Why McDaniels why? Just because of one punt return for a touchdown? I didn't see the Chargers cut Nate Kaeding for giving up that kickoff return for a TD. Or cutting Mike Scifres because he gave up that punt return for a TD.

Mitch Berger sucks.

I'm actually a little sad, and that's sad considering that it was a punter.

I much rather have Britton Colquitt.

Bummer

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Brett Kern is going to go down and PWN the UFL and we'll all be sorry. He'll show us.

Comment

Working...
                                X