No announcement yet.

Broncos Release Brett Kern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could always just draft a punter in the first round, it seemed to work out for the raiders
    sigpic

Comment

Wow, there are actually people on here that are pissed about this move. Never seen so much love for a worthles punter who wasn't very good.

Comment

Hey, we got a good Canadian punting for us now! He lives in Vancouver BC (Where I also live) and is our radio sports station's NFL Insider. I'm also glad he has a job because he's a terrible insider! (who uses a kicker as one anyway?) But he's a quality punter. :go:
        "I wanted #27 because I wanted to honour Darrent [Williams] and his family" - Knowshon Moreno :salute!:
        Official Kyle Orton Army Soldier #525
        Defensive Line Coach - MickyD Mafia

Comment

This is good move. Brett Kern sucked I am glad he got released..
          sigpic

Comment

with some guys age doesn't matter that much anyone remember Jan Stenerud he was 43 years old and still kicking field goals in the NFL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Stenerud
            People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

So who do you think will be the holder? Berger or do you think they will have one of the backup QB's do it?

Comment

well add that to the small list of needs for the broncos come FA and draft.
                sigpic
                "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Should have known he was going to be gone the day Colquitt entered camp. I actually thought he was having a decent season, was near the top in TBs, and around the middle in inside the 20. He has fewer than half of his punts returned though, pretty standard. His net yards wasnt great though, but, a good chunk of that came on 1 return by Sproles.
                  sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                  SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo!!!!!!!

sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                      So who do you think will be the holder? Berger or do you think they will have one of the backup QB's do it?
                      In an interview this afternoon on the Team 1040 (Vancouver's sports radio station) They asked him if he'd be playing next week, and he said he will be punting and holding for field goals.
                      "I wanted #27 because I wanted to honour Darrent [Williams] and his family" - Knowshon Moreno :salute!:
                      Official Kyle Orton Army Soldier #525
                      Defensive Line Coach - MickyD Mafia

Comment

Kern had a big leg but ZERO directional skills. Its all about keeping your opponent pinned and Kern could not hang at getting the ball between the goal line and the 10.

McDaniels knows exactly what he is doing. For people to be throwing little fits about Kern getting kicked to the curb is just plane ignorant.

Its all about wining!!! Anything less is 100% unacceptable. Kern cost this team field position over the last 6 weeks and points against SD. The move was long over due.

Do we have the right punter now? come game time we will know.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyK View Post
                          I honestly thought that Colquitt was going to get the nod coming out of Pre-Season anyway .. so I am not super shocked .. I would however, LOVE to see some consistency in the Punting Game ... It's been a long time since we've had a GOOD Punter ... That wasn't Roided UP & Drunk (Todd Sauerbraun) .. LOL ...

Oh Tom Rouen (sp?) .. where are you?
                          I wanted us to keep Britton Colquitt also..He was dropping punts inside the 20 all preseason and he would have only got better. Those Colquitt boys can do one thing well for sure kick a football.
                          Originally posted by baphamet
                          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

In the words of Eric Cartmen....
                            The *$&%?

Now I have to find a new Bronco to adopt for my sig >: (
                            And I can't find the Adopt a Bronco thread....
                            Last edited by Bernie24; 10-26-2009, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Kern had the 30th ranked net average. Berger can't be much worse than that. He was a solid punter until his injuries kept him off the field. He should be a good punter for the rest of the year and will be steady in the playoffs. Looks like they will be trying out several punters in the offseason now. i wonder if they regret not keeping Colquitt now? he seemed to have a solid preseason. Oh well...next year...Zoltan Mesko from Michigan comes in to take the job!!!! He seems like the type to fit right in with McDs players. Here is some info on him

10/12/09 - BIG TEN WEEK 6 SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Zoltan Mesko, Michigan, SR, P, recorded his best game as a Wolverine by averaging 53.8 yards on five punts at Iowa, including one inside the 20-yard line and a long of 61 yards. The senior standout boomed five punts for 269 yards, including kicks of 52, 53, 55 and 61 yards. His 53.8-yard average marked the second-best single-game effort in school history, trailing only the 56.3-yard average set by Don Bracken at Northwestern on Oct. 24, 1981. Mesko ranks second in the Big Ten and eighth nationally with 45.6 yards per boot. He earns his first weekly award and the second for a Michigan special teams performer this season after kick returner Darryl Stonum was honored on Sept. 13, 2009. - Big Ten football

10/10/09 - Punter Zoltan Mesko is a semifinalist for the Campbell Trophy honoring a senior who has excelled competitively, academically and in the community.

09/28/09 - Punter Zoltan Mesko punted seven times for 337 yards against Indiana, advancing his school records of 9,276 yards and 220 punt attempts.

09/18/09 - Punter Zoltan Mesko is a three-time Big Ten All-Academic selection, and was named first team All-Big Ten by both the coaches and the media in 2008. Mesko became Michigan's all-time career leader in both punts and punting yardage in the 2009 season-opener.
                              sigpic

Comment

dey took er job1? DEY TUK ER JAUBBBBBBB! DA DURK DA DURK!!!!!! DEY TUK ER JOB!?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X