Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheTruth420
    replied
    Kern was terrible. I cringed every time he would kick the ball. A 75year old grandmother with a bad hip has a chance to take his punt to the house.

Leave a comment:

• milehigh1990
    replied
    His punts were line drives that were returnable all day. He wasn't producing.

Leave a comment:

• Kavu
    replied
    Kern replaced... Why?!

He was a pretty decent punter, he could be better but hey, it was his 2nd year. Getting a veteran punter is not gonna help, we need young blood!

Leave a comment:

• Ohio Broncos
    replied
    Originally posted by Fargo View Post
    Mitch Berger is a pretty decent punter from what I've seen. He played for the Steelers last year, so I got to see him when I watched the playoffs.
    Most Steelers fans hated Berger which may be why he's not with them this year.

If you look at his stats, you can see that he's in decline. The last time he kicked close to his career punt average was four years ago with the Saints. But we'll see how he does in the thin air (although that won't help him in Baltimore).

Where's Mike Horan when you need him?

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Hyde
    replied
    Originally posted by denverfan7 View Post
    Good News for Brett Kern, Kern has been signed by the Titans today. Here's hoping that he has a successful stint in Tennessee. :salute!:

Source:

Adam_Schefter Tennessee cut P Reggie Hodges and claimed P Brett Kern on waivers from Denver, meaning he went from an unbeaten team to winless team.
    Hey, at least he'll get more playing time

Leave a comment:

• denverfan7
    replied
    Good News for Brett Kern, Kern has been signed by the Titans today. Here's hoping that he has a successful stint in Tennessee. :salute!:

Source:

Adam_Schefter Tennessee cut P Reggie Hodges and claimed P Brett Kern on waivers from Denver, meaning he went from an unbeaten team to winless team.

Leave a comment:

• Vhailor
    replied
    Originally posted by tacmale View Post
    with some guys age doesn't matter that much anyone remember Jan Stenerud he was 43 years old and still kicking field goals in the NFL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Stenerud
    A fellow Norwegian!

Leave a comment:

• Twizlers
    replied
    Wow I haven't been this excited since we signed Lonnie Paxton!!! WOHOO our problems are OVER!

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Punters are a dime a dozen, if he doesn't work out then we bring someone else in, we could see Colquitt next season. I remember a season (I think '07) were we had like 4 different punters.

Leave a comment:

• BarkdogRX7
    replied
    Wooooot Berger time!

Leave a comment:

• RoyalTheNewRod
    replied
    dey took er job1? DEY TUK ER JAUBBBBBBB! DA DURK DA DURK!!!!!! DEY TUK ER JOB!?!?

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Kern had the 30th ranked net average. Berger can't be much worse than that. He was a solid punter until his injuries kept him off the field. He should be a good punter for the rest of the year and will be steady in the playoffs. Looks like they will be trying out several punters in the offseason now. i wonder if they regret not keeping Colquitt now? he seemed to have a solid preseason. Oh well...next year...Zoltan Mesko from Michigan comes in to take the job!!!! He seems like the type to fit right in with McDs players. Here is some info on him

10/12/09 - BIG TEN WEEK 6 SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Zoltan Mesko, Michigan, SR, P, recorded his best game as a Wolverine by averaging 53.8 yards on five punts at Iowa, including one inside the 20-yard line and a long of 61 yards. The senior standout boomed five punts for 269 yards, including kicks of 52, 53, 55 and 61 yards. His 53.8-yard average marked the second-best single-game effort in school history, trailing only the 56.3-yard average set by Don Bracken at Northwestern on Oct. 24, 1981. Mesko ranks second in the Big Ten and eighth nationally with 45.6 yards per boot. He earns his first weekly award and the second for a Michigan special teams performer this season after kick returner Darryl Stonum was honored on Sept. 13, 2009. - Big Ten football

10/10/09 - Punter Zoltan Mesko is a semifinalist for the Campbell Trophy honoring a senior who has excelled competitively, academically and in the community.

09/28/09 - Punter Zoltan Mesko punted seven times for 337 yards against Indiana, advancing his school records of 9,276 yards and 220 punt attempts.

09/18/09 - Punter Zoltan Mesko is a three-time Big Ten All-Academic selection, and was named first team All-Big Ten by both the coaches and the media in 2008. Mesko became Michigan's all-time career leader in both punts and punting yardage in the 2009 season-opener.

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    In the words of Eric Cartmen....
    The *$&%?

Now I have to find a new Bronco to adopt for my sig >: (
    And I can't find the Adopt a Bronco thread....
    Last edited by Bernie24; 10-26-2009, 07:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I honestly thought that Colquitt was going to get the nod coming out of Pre-Season anyway .. so I am not super shocked .. I would however, LOVE to see some consistency in the Punting Game ... It's been a long time since we've had a GOOD Punter ... That wasn't Roided UP & Drunk (Todd Sauerbraun) .. LOL ...

Oh Tom Rouen (sp?) .. where are you?
    I wanted us to keep Britton Colquitt also..He was dropping punts inside the 20 all preseason and he would have only got better. Those Colquitt boys can do one thing well for sure kick a football.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Kern had a big leg but ZERO directional skills. Its all about keeping your opponent pinned and Kern could not hang at getting the ball between the goal line and the 10.

McDaniels knows exactly what he is doing. For people to be throwing little fits about Kern getting kicked to the curb is just plane ignorant.

Its all about wining!!! Anything less is 100% unacceptable. Kern cost this team field position over the last 6 weeks and points against SD. The move was long over due.

Do we have the right punter now? come game time we will know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X