Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ware just got his new contract...Dumervil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ware just got his new contract...Dumervil?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-big-contract/

DeMarcus Ware gets his big contract
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 26, 2009 2:53 PM ET
    The much-discussed contract extension for Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware has finally arrived.

Fox's Jay Glazer reports that Ware will receive nearly $40 million guaranteed on a six year deal that can be worth up to $13 million per season.

The Cowboys weren't under the gun to extend Ware because the absence of a new labor deal in 2010 would have potentially prevented Ware from being an unrestricted free agent next year.

But Ware has been one of the league's premier defenders since the Cowboys drafted him, and they were smart enough not to risk letting him get away.

The guaranteed money dwarfs the $31.5 million guaranteed Dwight Freeney received two years ago, but comes in just under Albert Haynesworth's $41 million guaranteed. The structure of Ware's contract, however, may give him a better chance of nearing the end of his contract. We'll have to wait for those details.

Glazer reports that the deal has been verbally agreed to, but still needs league approval.

Is this what we should expect Dumervil to be after?
    Last edited by Bronco Texan; 10-26-2009, 03:03 PM.

Originally posted by Bronco Texan View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-big-contract/

Is this what we should expect Dumerville to be after?
    GL to us being capable of signing Doom, Kuper, Scheffler, Marshall, and Orton.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
      GL to us being capable of signing Doom, Kuper, Scheffler, Marshall, and Orton.
      Good think they will all be restricted free agents next year. I think 2 out of the three: Doom, Marshall, and Orton will get new contracts before years end. Kuper probably in the offseason and I am afraid we may lose Scheffler. I hope not, but it will be hard to sign him.

Comment

Elvis is getting re-signed. Orton will too. As will Marshall. Don't have a panic attack.

I'm not so sure Kuper and Sheffler will, and though Tony is an asset in the passing game, I don't think either of these losses is overwhelming. McD has his guy in Olsen waiting in the wings, and he'll coach up Quinn.

Ya, I do think Tony is as good as gone next year.

Comment

Kuper -guards are easily replaceble... if hes asking for rediculous money let him walk

Doom - must be resigned ASAP

Scheffler - pass catching TE are also easily replaceble...similar to kuper

Orton - must be resigned

Marshall - after watching him on ROME i still think their is a chance that he might go off the deep end...hes bought in to the system but not 100 percent because he still wants his pay day which is kinda why he bought in or at least acts like he has but regardless with all that said.. pay him what he is worth and hell be fine

Comment

spell his name right!

dumervil he has been on the team for 4 years give him some respect
            also i believe he needs to be signed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco4life88 View Post
              spell his name right!

Is this how all 240 of your posts go? I know I e seen quite a few of yours that complain about people mispelling the mans name... Give it a rest it's not like they are mispelling it and saying he doesn't deserve a big contract.
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
              Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Pay the man!!
                sigpic

Comment

It IS kinda annoying when people cant spell the names of players.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco4life88 View Post
                    spell his name right!

Fixed in the body. Mods will have to fix the title though. Sorry man, my bad. I am going to go for my weekly beating now.

Comment

MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS ENTIRE THREAD.

Apparently my thread does not meet the standards to all the others. I am sorry for offending so many here for mispelling the mans name. Damn I must be a true fan. Please someone take me out back and shoot me.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                        Pay the man!!
                        Agreed! :salute!:
                        sigpic

Comment

Apparently my thread does not meet the standards to all the others. I am sorry for offending so many here for mispelling the mans name. Damn I must be a true fan. Please someone take me out back and shoot me.
                          Hey man don't let them get you down... You made a small spelling mistake that's all...
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

I hope not....those numbers are rediculous...I mean it's really rediculous what some of these guys are getting paid..

Comment

Just learn how to spell and drop the sarcasm, it's only a big deal if you make it one
                              Team Tebow Member -1

Comment

Working...
                              X