Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ware just got his new contract...Dumervil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great for Ware but terrible for us. Dumm is going to want a contract very similar, and I am not sure that Bowlen is going to be willing to pay that
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

We definitely need to sign Doom. Give him Ware's money if it will keep him on the team. The dude is a beast.
      Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

Team Tebow #16

Comment

Stupid greedy Haynesworth, he's the one who started all this, he's gotta ruin it for everybody.

Comment

My gosh I hope Dumervil doesn't demand that kind of contract. He's not nearly the player DeMarcus Ware is,and I hope him and his agent realize that.

I love Dumervil, but let's please be reasonable with our contract demands. Please Doom???

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Who knows what D-ville is gonna want....I would worry more about him leaving if Nolan for some reason got a head coaching job elsewhere after the season...and him wanting to follow that system instead of a new D-cord here..
            "Badger my a$$ it's probably Milhouse...."

Comment

Jerry Jones is a firm believer that the more you pay your atheletes, the better they should play. As a result, the Cowboys now have a mediochre talent at WR (Williams) that is literally 'to expensive to bench'.

Jones' 'theory' hasn't worked out so well considering thier post-season woes since "the triplets" moved on.

By comparison, do you think the Patriots have the same kinds of salary/contract concerns? Not likely, and for obvious reasons.
              At this point, the Denver Broncos do not have the Patriots' recient reputation...

but they're off to a great start.

Comment

I miss the days before all of the expensive contracts...I miss the times when selfless players like John Elway took a pay cut so the team could afford to re-sign better players to the roster...

Looking at all the players that we having coming up in the next year or two, I ask myself which of these players would sign to a lower paying contract to keep the team intact?

In my eyes, the players at some point need to look beyond their own personal gain and realize what is good for their team. Free agency and outrageous rookie contracts have started to destroy football.

I've been a fan since 1977 and I love the players that didn't buy into the "bigger is better" theory when it comes to contracts... Rod Smith and John Elway could have went anywhere else and probably made more money but they were faithful to the team.

I have a feeling that Dumerville and Royal will stay with a smaller contract than offered elsewhere...Marshall will be gone to anybody that offers more money, he is a good player but he only cares about himself...as far as he is concerned the Broncos are just his first stopping point. He is JUST LIKE T.O...the only thing he respects is his paycheck...He doesn't care about anybody or anything else...He has no class, no dedication to his team, nothing...he is just trying to find his next payday...
                Last edited by jpark31; 10-26-2009, 10:50 PM.
                I Love Orange Crush!

Comment

Originally posted by jpark31 View Post
                  I miss the days before all of the expensive contracts...I miss the times when selfless players like John Elway took a pay cut so the team could afford to re-sign better players to the roster...

Looking at all the players that we having coming up in the next year or two, I ask myself which of these players would sign to a lower paying contract to keep the team intact?

In my eyes, the players at some point need to look beyond their own personal gain and realize what is good for their team. Free agency and outrageous rookie contracts have started to destroy football.

I've been a fan since 1977 and I love the players that didn't buy into the "bigger is better" theory when it comes to contracts... Rod Smith and John Elway could have went anywhere else and probably made more money but they were faithful to the team.

I have a feeling that Dumerville and Royal will stay with a smaller contract than offered elsewhere...
                  I agree with a lot of this. And hope that the winning atmosphere keeps some players here even if they are getting rosier offers elsewhere.

BTW on Elway lets not forget that his Rookie contract was the biggest any player in the NFL had ever received to date.

sigpic
                  \

Comment

I have a feeling that Dumerville and Royal will stay with a smaller contract than offered elsewhere...Marshall will be gone to anybody that offers more money, he is a good player but he only cares about himself...as far as he is concerned the Broncos are just his first stopping point. He is JUST LIKE T.O...the only thing he respects is his paycheck...He doesn't care about anybody or anything else...He has no class, no dedication to his team, nothing...he is just trying to find his next payday...
                    Unfortunately I think you're right, but isn't Marshall a restricted free agent next year?
                    Rivers getting smacked by Haynesworth

Comment

Well Footballers put themselves through a lot, and many will have permanent disabilities when it's all over. They should make what's a fair amount for their services. I agree about Rookie contracts though, I don't see how the system continues, veterans don't even like it since it takes away from their money, and owners hate it because it ruins a team for a while to pick bust.

I think you're over stating Elway's pay cuts too, It's not like Elway left millions of dollars on the table. He made a ton for his day. As for those "pay cuts" during the Super Bowl runs, I'm pretty sure the league ruled them illegal, and penalized us.

I also think older players will take cuts if the cut isn't outrageous because they are more established in the community.

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                        I hope not....those numbers are rediculous...I mean it's really rediculous what some of these guys are getting paid..
                        Dallas and Washington. Always screwing everyone over.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Texan View Post
                          Good think they will all be restricted free agents next year. I think 2 out of the three: Doom, Marshall, and Orton will get new contracts before years end. Kuper probably in the offseason and I am afraid we may lose Scheffler. I hope not, but it will be hard to sign him.
                          Why would it be hard to sign Scheffler? Unless he goes to the Pro Bowl, he can't demand a lot of money. If Dumervil, Orton and Marshall gets contracts, fine. Slap the franchise tag on either Scheffler and Kuper.
                          Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                            My gosh I hope Dumervil doesn't demand that kind of contract. He's not nearly the player DeMarcus Ware is,and I hope him and his agent realize that.

I love Dumervil, but let's please be reasonable with our contract demands. Please Doom???
                            What he said. ^^

Doom is very good, and is playing like one of the better rush OLB's in the league this year, but Ware is the cream of the crop. Over the last several years he has been the most dominant player at his position.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

If there is no new collective bargaining agreement reached between the NFL Players Association and the owners, then 2010 becomes an "uncapped" year. Players with less than 5 full seasons are "restricted" FAs, as opposed to the normal 4 seasons. So the "franchise tag" could be used on Orton, Marshall, Doom,or Scheffler - but only one of them. But if a new CBA is reached, then all are UNRESTRICTED free agents, whom the Broncos cannot tag. Either way, a lot of talent will be left exposed for other teams to try and buy out from under Bowlen.

So Denver is going to have to get ALL of these guys locked up in new contracts before the end of the season, unless they want to take a gigantic risk in their team falling apart with top performers jumping on more lucrative offers elsewhere...
                              "That's a crap question."
                              - Kyle Orton

Comment

Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                                If there is no new collective bargaining agreement reached between the NFL Players Association and the owners, then 2010 becomes an "uncapped" year. Players with less than 5 full seasons are "restricted" FAs, as opposed to the normal 4 seasons. So the "franchise tag" could be used on Orton, Marshall, Doom,or Scheffler - but only one of them. But if a new CBA is reached, then all are UNRESTRICTED free agents, whom the Broncos cannot tag. Either way, a lot of talent will be left exposed for other teams to try and buy out from under Bowlen.

So Denver is going to have to get ALL of these guys locked up in new contracts before the end of the season, unless they want to take a gigantic risk in their team falling apart with top performers jumping on more lucrative offers elsewhere...
                                Fine, one franchise tag but you can also use the Transition tag.

Definition: A Transition Player is a free agent who has had the Transition tag applied by his original team. (A club can designate one transition or franchise player in any given year.)

The Transition Player's club must offer a minimum of the average of the top 10 salaries of last season at the player's position or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. In doing so, the team retains a first-refusal right to match within seven days an offer sheet given to the player by another club after his contract expires.

If the team matches the offer, it retains the player. If it does not match, it receives no compensation.
                                Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X