Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the 1st Broncos game you attended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games I have attended...

1) 2002 @ KC, we won and Shannon Sharpe set a record that day...it was funny because my best friend and I went and met a Broncos fan that had driven in from from Denver and picked up his friend who lost them bet and had to wear a Broncos jersey to the game...silly Chiefs fan.

2) 2003 - my first "home" game. I drive almost 9 hours to get to Denver. We stayed in Granby because I'd won a free "vacation". I don't do golf tho but we got to see some wonderful sights...like beating the Steelers that day.

3) 2004 - at home again and do you remember that blocked firld goal against Jason Elam on the last play of the game - Raiders won in that snow storm. I hate driving that far to see my team lose for sure but I knew I'd keep coming back

4) 2005 - Do you remember that infamous Champ Bailey return at the beginning of the second half? It was either us or San Diego that would be 0-2 at the end of the day...it was the Chargers who lost and that play was the turnaround for a great season of fun for the Broncos as we went to the AFC Chapionship again...hopefully that Brandon Stokeley play does it for us this year, lol.

2006 - Indy came to town. I thought it would be cool to see Peyton Manning get beat by my Broncos. I was mad when we scored with 1:42 left in the game...it gave Manning TOO MUCH TIME!!! They moved down the field and beat us...bummer. Jake Plummer lost his job after that remember? Go Kyle Orton, lol.

2007 - Jacksonville, we lost. We couldn't stop the run at all and I was crushed at what appeared to be a lack of effort by this whole team to stop that little guy. He irritated me. I was there to celebrate TD getting inducted into the ring of fame. TD TD TD TD TD!!!!!!!!

2008 - KC in Denver...okay I'd seen Denver play them before but I plan to eventually see all of the teams...and wanted to be able to go back to work after a vacation feeling really good. I did. Win. I took my friend Scott to the game and it was his first ever game (I came out in August and took his 17 year old to see Poison/Def Lepard/Cheap Trick since I didn't have a ticket to the game for her. I enjoyed both events but the game was on my birthday so I got a nice win for a gift...it's all I wanted.

2009 - well haven't been yet but I have tix for four to the Giants game on Thanksgiving Day. Two of the three people that will be with me were with me for the San Diego game as well. My best friend was at all but the Indy GAME and the KC game last year.

Lots of fun times...great pics...and wonderful Denver Broncos memories have been had and will hopefully continue for a long, long time.
    Last edited by KS-BroncoGirl; 10-28-2009, 09:53 PM.
    Be jealous haters...I am the #1 Broncos fan no matter what your car tag says

Comment

Originally posted by Bioengineer View Post
      as in glendale community college? i took classes there during summers and weekends during high school
      Yes sir, then I had to have 2 arm surgerys as I was getting ready to sign with Eastern Oregon University, that was the end of my baseball career
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by speardog View Post
        Great game but wrong year. Denver played Chicago in 1996 not '97. That being said this is one of the '96 games that may have led you to believe that Denver wasn't ready for a Superbowl run. The '97 team would not have let Chicago back into the game like the '96 team did.
        Nope. It was 2007. Apparently spending many years partying renders your ability, to tell which decade you are in, no longer functions.

Somebody already corrected me, sorry for the error.

Comment

Originally posted by Soothsayer View Post
          Nope. It was 2007. Apparently spending many years partying renders your ability, to tell which decade you are in, no longer functions.

Somebody already corrected me, sorry for the error.
          I wasn't wrong. you said 1997.... THat is wrong. Denver did play Chicago in 1996 JUST like I stated.

Week Date Opponent Result
          1 September 1, 1996 New York Jets W 31-6
          2 September 8, 1996 at Seattle Seahawks W 30-20
          3 September 15, 1996 Tampa Bay Buccaneers W 27-23
          4 September 22, 1996 at Kansas City Chiefs L 17-14
          5 September 29, 1996 at Cincinnati Bengals W 14-10
          6 October 6, 1996 San Diego Chargers W 28-17
          7 Bye
          8 October 20, 1996 Baltimore Ravens W 45-34
          9 October 27, 1996 Kansas City Chiefs W 34-7
          10 November 4, 1996 at Oakland Raiders W 22-21
          11 November 10, 1996 Chicago Bears W 17-12
          12 November 17, 1996 at New England Patriots W 34-8
          13 November 24, 1996 at Minnesota Vikings W 21-17
          14 December 1, 1996 Seattle Seahawks W 34-7
          15 December 8, 1996 at Green Bay Packers L 41-6
          16 December 15, 1996 Oakland Raiders W 24-19
          17 December 22, 1996 at San Diego Chargers L 16-10

So the only one wrong here was you.

Comment

I wasn't wrong. you said 1997.... THat is wrong. Denver did play Chicago in 1996 JUST like I stated.

So the only one wrong here was you.
            Ummm. I already stated I made the mistake originally. You tried to fix that mistake. But I was 10 years off not 1. So you were a bit off due to the fact I am possibly stuck in the 90's.

I appreciate the help. And I was being respectful, just trying to sort out the mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Soothsayer View Post
              Ummm. I already stated I made the mistake originally. You tried to fix that mistake. But I was 10 years off not 1. So you were a bit off due to the fact I am possibly stuck in the 90's.

I appreciate the help. And I was being respectful, just trying to sort out the mistake.
              My apologies. I have been getting the shaft by some people here tonight. I thought you stated that I was off ten years from too much drinking. Anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Comment

First game of the season 1984, Cinncinnatti Bengals, back and forth game, Elway was injured that game and wore a knee brace for the rest of his career after that.

Won the game on a late pass to Butch Johnson!!!! Remember him? He MOONWALKED in the End Zone after the catch!!!
                sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

That was not the first Superbowl that was in '98 during Denver's second run at the title. Elway missed a few games in 1998 he didn't miss any games in Denver's run in '97.

That was the game where Chief's players were in full meltdown getting 4 personal foul penalties and Denver rolled 30-7.
                  O yes I was at that Monday Night game, and it was ALL Shannon Sharpes mouth, baiting Derrick Thomas into that, he was suspended for a couple games afterwarrds also. Never forget Bubby Bristers amazing run for a TD over their whole defense!
                  sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Working...
                  X