Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Keep Josh over Any Other Current NFL Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Keep Josh over Any Other Current NFL Head Coach?

Powder got me thinking (with his poll) and so I thought I'd post this one out of curiosity. To preface, even though I've been on the McDaniels' train since day one, I am not conducting this poll thinking that everyone else is on board.......yet. I just want to get a sense of where he stands, based on his performance to date, and all other factors that weigh into this type of evaluation.

So the question........If you had the choice to make, would you keep Josh over any other current NFL Head Coach?

I would.

The reasons I would keep him are as follows:
    1) He is extremely strategic, both in preparing for the game, and in his ability to adapt during games.
    2) He seems to have a strong sense for choosing quality/talented personnel, including coaches and players.
    3) He is in charge (forget that age thing.....he is the leader)
    4) He can handle pressure.......the majority of experts, the media and many fans were tough on him, but it never changed his approach or beliefs
    5) He has passion and energy and the will to win, and this is something our team has been missing for a number of years.
    6) He has already beaten his former boss and guru, and has obviously beat 5 other HCs along the way......pretty good record as a HC!
    7) On the flip side, because he is so young, expect him to get better and better......
    8) He loves his guys, and they know it.

Don't get me wrong, I really like a number of other HCs in this league, including Sean Payton and Mike Tomlin. And you have to think that Belichick and Reid are great at what they do. And some of the others are hard to ignore.....but all things considered, I think we have the right guy!!
    Yes
    91.77%
    No
    8.23%

For all the reasons you gave and more, yes. Yes I would.

Comment

Yes, because I truly believe we have the next great coach in this league. I have thought this before he was even hired too.

Comment

Absolutely without question. Yes I would keep him.

With Coach McDaniels, I can't help but feel we have something very special in the works. Looking forward to many years with our new coach.

To Coach McDaniels -->
        Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 10-26-2009, 02:53 PM.
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Josh is a kind of coaching talent that just doesn't come around very often. We were very fortunate to take him into our team when we did -- even if not not all of us were on the same boat initially.
          Brock you like a hurricane!
          sigpic
          Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Yes

Outside of Belichick or however thats spelt he is the most detailed coach in the league and has his team the most prepared in the NFL ..

I think the chargers could have had a month off and McD would still have the broncos more prepared then they were in the few days we had

This is exactly why i am not worried what so ever that the next 2 weeks we play teams coming off bye weeks

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              Powder got me thinking (with his poll) and so I thought I'd post this one out of curiosity. To preface, even though I've been on the McDaniels' train since day one, I am not conducting this poll thinking that everyone else is on board.......yet. I just want to get a sense of where he stands, based on his performance to date, and all other factors that weigh into this type of evaluation.

So the question........If you had the choice to make, would you keep Josh over any other current NFL Head Coach?

I would.

The reasons I would keep him are as follows:
              1) He is extremely strategic, both in preparing for the game, and in his ability to adapt during games.
              2) He seems to have a strong sense for choosing quality/talented personnel, including coaches and players.
              3) He is in charge (forget that age thing.....he is the leader)
              4) He can handle pressure.......the majority of experts, the media and many fans were tough on him, but it never changed his approach or beliefs
              5) He has passion and energy and the will to win, and this is something our team has been missing for a number of years.
              6) He has already beaten his former boss and guru, and has obviously beat 5 other HCs along the way......pretty good record as a HC!
              7) On the flip side, because he is so young, expect him to get better and better......
              8) He loves his guys, and they know it.

Don't get me wrong, I really like a number of other HCs in this league, including Sean Payton and Mike Tomlin. And you have to think that Belichick and Reid are great at what they do. And some of the others are hard to ignore.....but all things considered, I think we have the right guy!!
              I would at this point. He's been nothing short of amazing so far and as it turns out, he knew what he was doing when he let Cutler go.

Go Broncos!!!!
              Science Bless

Comment

I like that he had a plan for this team and didn't waver from it when the fans, critics, and media criticized him at every turn.
                sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                Adopted By:
                Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                Broncbeat

Comment

YES , he has a lot of knowledge in ALL parts of the game, not just offense.

Comment

man seems like im the only one to say no.

the ONLY one i would take over McDaniels is Mike Tomlin.

EDIT: not anymore though seeing what he has done with this team, getting Tomlin would just confuse everyone. Plus not much Tomlin could do that McDaniels hasnt already done.
                    Last edited by MorenoFan27; 10-26-2009, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      Powder got me thinking
                      Well that was your first mistake

I of course love the guy. I love his passion, his smarts, his motivational qualities. He's still very young as well, I think he will only get better and better.

I hope we win superbowls with this guy. I believe he can do it.

Comment

he is young.....he'll be a coach with us for awhile. Maybe our own joe pa....
                        sigpic

Comment

What about Todd Haley? He looks really good and communicative.
                          sigpic

Comment

I have been on board with JD since day one. I didn't know a lot about him, but was all for change in Denver... His intelligence and play calling ability are very apparent and are second to none.

Other then our 2 super bowl wins my proudest moment (one that gave me chills) was after we beat New England week 5 and Josh ran towards the sideline and began fist pumping the crowd. I knew then that we had the kind of coach that this team and so many others needs. Someone who cares about the game and the team not someone who is just collecting a check.

Comment

I do not think any other coach in the NFL would have this team at 6-0 this year.

Maybe a couple coaches could have taken us to the playoffs but no one could have done as well as McGenious
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                              X