Will Hillis be released?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Hillis be released?

With Larsen back at practice will some one have to be let loose? If that is the case the logical cut is Hillis.

Very very very EASY ANSWER

No....

Comment

HEAVEN FORBID!!

Larsen was occupying a spot on the roster anyway so no need to cut anybody.

sigpic
      \

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
        Very very very EASY ANSWER

No....
        So Hillis had a couple bad games. Who cares! The guy has talent, and we've all seen it last year. If McD uses him on short yardage downs, he will be worth keeping.
        Play the football MMORPG called GOAL LINE BLITZ! You can create your own players and your own team! Sign up at this link :

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=34994725

Comment

Larsen was never off of the 53

He was hurt but not removed from the 53 man roster, so there is no need to release anyone when he comes back from injury. In short we were playing with a 52 man roster while he was out. As McD said in his interview, when you have a player with this much versatility you have to wait on him, if it was a player with only one thing to offer it would have been a much harder decision to wait for them.

Comment

Originally posted by rainmaker View Post
            HEAVEN FORBID!!

Larsen was occupying a spot on the roster anyway so no need to cut anybody.

That was my question. If that is the case then I agree with you. But if Larsen spot has been taken then the Broncos would have to release some one. Its not a matter if one likes Hillis or not. Its a matter of who would they cut if they had to. Larsen covers some of Hillis's positions, so he would be the logical cut.

Comment

Umm.....no.

We don't need to cut anyone anyway.....and we'd have to get pretty far down the depth chart before the "most logical cut" would be Hillis......

Comment

I don't think he will be released.

but I wouldn't be shocked if Shanny came along next year with some draft picks for him..
                1. LB Arthur Brown Kansas State
                2. SS Dj Swearinger South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
                  Umm.....no.

We don't need to cut anyone anyway.....and we'd have to get pretty far down the depth chart before the "most logical cut" would be Hillis......
                  Who would be the most logical first cut in a hypothetical situation?

I would go with Jarvis Moss being the third OLB. But I guess all roster moves carry with them a loss of a player anyway.

sigpic
                  \

Comment

This entire place would have a stroke.

I hope not.
                    sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

release jarvis moss - this guy is a bum!!!

Peyton hills is a stud

Comment

I know Hillis has a great work ethic, but I wonder if he will end up like Reuben Droughns and Mike Bell. After successful seasons at tailback, Droughns was moved back to FB and Bell was put at the position for the first time and they both fell out of favor in Denver. Both had expressed dislike for playing FB after their stints at RB. Hillis also said he prefers running with the ball rather than blocking.

Just food for thought. Knock on wood.
                        Last edited by mx_stiles13; 10-26-2009, 05:58 PM.

Comment

I don't see Hillis in the Broncos' future. And that's a shame. 4th string RBs don't last on the roster. If he is behind LaMont Jordan, then he is done here. He will be released or at least traded, I am sure Shanahan would want the guy. Hillis was my hero last season but now he is in a deep hole.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, right, if he was let go he would be in a Chargers uniform so fast it would make our heads spin, Charger fan would be pitching wood over the thought of that, he aint going anywhere, if they had too, but of course they dont have too, but if they did, they would drop a LB (Moss) not a FB/RB especially when we got a slightly banged up Buckhalter.
                            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                              I don't see Hillis in the Broncos' future. And that's a shame. 4th string RBs don't last on the roster. If he is behind LaMont Jordan, then he is done here. He will be released or at least traded, I am sure Shanahan would want the guy. Hillis was my hero last season but now he is in a deep hole.
                              He seems to be a regular on special teams, and he's not getting paid anymore than the league minimum. I think he probably sticks around for a couple of years, just not in the capacity that we were all expecting.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                              X