Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More important than the fumble

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More important than the fumble

    The fumble is what highlights the day. But there are two things that worry me. They were both brought up in the preseason.

    1) The offense not scoring touchdowns. We had a whole lot of offensive yards with only 6 points to show for it. Isnt that exactly how the preseason went. Jake even said wait till the season starts. Well the season is here and we are faced with the same problem

    2) Third down. We had three third and one's that we failed to convert. It has been said all offseason, that Q may not get the tough yards. There is no doubt in my mind that Mike Anderson, Terrell Davis, and Clinton Portis would have converted 2 of the 3 third and one's. Third and one shouldn't call for some super creative play calling. Q is only part of the blame. The offensive line should shoulder a lot of it. However, on third and one holes are not always gonna be there. Youve got to move the pile.

    I hate the Q is being criticized so much for the fumble, but he did screw it up. But I'm sure he wont fumble again in that situation

  • #2
    Re: More important than the fumble

    Originally posted by bleedbluorange
    But I'm sure he wont fumble again in that situation
    That's because he won't be in that situation again, I believe a couple members have some crow to eat after Q's performance this week. ie. Oklahoma Sooners, all the people with Q in their user name and last but not least Touchdownking, is that well done or medium rare fellas

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Re: More important than the fumble

      Originally posted by heaney
      That's because he won't be in that situation again, I believe a couple members have some crow to eat after Q's performance this week. ie. Oklahoma Sooners, all the people with Q in their user name and last but not least Touchdownking, is that well done or medium rare fellas
      Excatly... They will put Hearst in, cuz I wouldn't trust Bell either in that situation. Like on Monday QB on ESPN News today they were talking about it and Mike Ditka said that he was looking at the hole before he grabbed the ball and he didn't get control, and he said that it was a mistake that will happen from time to time with young runners.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I doubt it the Jags' defensive tackles really impressed me and anybody would run into walls like them. They stop the run thats what they do, i have little worries about our run game.
        BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
        IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bornbroncofan
          I doubt it the Jags' defensive tackles really impressed me and anybody would run into walls like them. They stop the run thats what they do, i have little worries about our run game.

          same here i dont doubt our run game with Q, it was a tuff break bad handoff or whatever. but i really doubt if mike or hearst was in it would have made any differance. they stop the run very well, i got to hand it to the jags, their d line is solid. i also watced bell on a third and two get stopped for a loss, he could have made it easy, but didnt see the hole, cause that d wont give you a big hole but when there is a small one you got to take it and get what you can, and he missed it
          sigpic
          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by arapaho
            same here i dont doubt our run game with Q, it was a tuff break bad handoff or whatever. but i really doubt if mike or hearst was in it would have made any differance. they stop the run very well, i got to hand it to the jags, their d line is solid. i also watced bell on a third and two get stopped for a loss, he could have made it easy, but didnt see the hole, cause that d wont give you a big hole but when there is a small one you got to take it and get what you can, and he missed it
            Nobody has said that Q didn't run a strong game, he did. The problem though is his very costly fumble.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by heaney
              Nobody has said that Q didn't run a strong game, he did. The problem though is his very costly fumble.
              That was not enitrely on Q's shoulders. The handoff itself was bad. More important is we should have lined up and kicked the field goal. Plain and simple this was FUBAR from the time Shanny decided to run another play. Be honest would you rather have a 9-7 lead with 30 some seconds left, against a team you have all but entirely shut down, or take a chance on what exactlly happened?

              1 game this year where questionable play calling at the end cost us the game.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Krugan
                That was not enitrely on Q's shoulders. The handoff itself was bad. More important is we should have lined up and kicked the field goal. Plain and simple this was FUBAR from the time Shanny decided to run another play. Be honest would you rather have a 9-7 lead with 30 some seconds left, against a team you have all but entirely shut down, or take a chance on what exactlly happened?

                1 game this year where questionable play calling at the end cost us the game.
                Nope, so far Q has costed us 10 pts and 1 game

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by heaney
                  Nope, so far Q has costed us 10 pts and 1 game
                  Then tell me why it is stated that it was a bad handoff from the get go? You my friend need to take a few minutes and read, not just go off your opinion.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Krugan
                    Then tell me why it is stated that it was a bad handoff from the get go? You my friend need to take a few minutes and read, not just go off your opinion.
                    Excuses, excuses. Next you'll say that the wind blew the ball from Q so it was really the weathers fault. When a QB throws a pick even though the ball was deflected it is still their fault so how is this any different, if the ball touched Q's hand(s) or chest he should have held onto it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by heaney
                      Nope, so far Q has costed us 10 pts and 1 game

                      your so full of Shyt!!! the handoff did not get to his hands,, not his fault. the whole deal was screwed up they should have kicked the damn feild goal, or at least if it was just to use time and to force the jags to use their last time out, and not to get more yards, just qb keep it, take a knee or what ever then kick it. seems like last year we did the same thing and got portis hurt.



                      mike you cost us the game,,, just kick the damn ball!!!
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by arapaho
                        your so full of Shyt!!! the handoff did not get to his hands,, not his fault. the whole deal was screwed up they should have kicked the damn feild goal, or at least if it was just to use time and to force the jags to use their last time out, and not to get more yards, just qb keep it, take a knee or what ever then kick it. seems like last year we did the same thing and got portis hurt.



                        mike you cost us the game,,, just kick the damn ball!!!
                        , did Griffinfan22 pay you to say this or are you really this stupid

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by heaney
                          Excuses, excuses. Next you'll say that the wind blew the ball from Q so it was really the weathers fault. When a QB throws a pick even though the ball was deflected it is still their fault so how is this any different, if the ball touched Q's hand(s) or chest he should have held onto it.
                          I can already see you are stuck on your idea to balme Q for every fault this team has. Blindly you place blame on a single player. The truth is that Q shouldnt have been put into that position. Shanny screwed the pouch and that is that. Actually this is the fault of the entire team for gaining 356 yards and failing to produce points. Looks like it a was combined loss magnified by some poor descion making.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            if it makes you feel any better Portis couldnt hold on the ball for dear life yesterday either, so dont jump down Q's throat for it, hes still young, and I rember quite a few people *****ing about Portis letting go of the ball in his early stages as well. Relax.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Krugan
                              I can already see you are stuck on your idea to balme Q for every fault this team has. Blindly you place blame on a single player. The truth is that Q shouldnt have been put into that position. Shanny screwed the pouch and that is that. Actually this is the fault of the entire team for gaining 356 yards and failing to produce points. Looks like it a was combined loss magnified by some poor descion making.
                              Actually I haven't liked Q as the starter from day 1 so this just adds icing to the cake for me.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X