No announcement yet.

What is Orton Worth? Also Elvis Comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the comments about "dink and dunk" vs. the long ball. I love a TD bomb as much as anyone, and I hope we'll take more downfield shots as Orton's finger finishes healing.

HOWEVER, Neckbeard is right on. The D&D is a ball control offense. It keeps the defense fresh (anyone notice our defense's 2nd half numbers?), eats up time, and keeps the opposing O off the field. I read somewhere that balls thrown 40+ yards in the air have some abominable completion rate and interception ratio. Far more often than not, it's a wasted down. The key is to use it sparingly, and when the defense isn't expecting it.
    Respect...it's earned, not given.

sigpic

Comment

"My job is to win games..."

Sure it is a bowed statement, but of all these contract year players, which one will play their buts off next year after getting that $$$$ contract.

My bet is that Kyle (only 27) will play just as hard either way.

I'd like to think they all will. If they do then we have a future of winning ahead of us, and Kyle is a winner!!
      This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

it may have been said before... but i say Orton gets paid, but he takes a lower amount to keep some team money available for other talent. he is a TEAM player and he's said he would LOVE to finish his career in Denver. i see this as being a GOOD thing.
        now the only thing left to make the season complete... is to see Elvis Dumervil hit Eli Manning so hard his head falls off!

Comment

Originally posted by orange_c View Post
          it may have been said before... but i say Orton gets paid, but he takes a lower amount to keep some team money available for other talent. he is a TEAM player and he's said he would LOVE to finish his career in Denver. i see this as being a GOOD thing.
          That's my vote. Hopefully for all the guys, too. Hey, would you rather make $X million a year playing for a dynamic team with a limitless future, or go make $X+2 million for a loser?

I always admired Cal Ripken Jr.'s attitude. "I make more money than I can spend already. I love Baltimore, I'm raising my family here, I'm successful. Why risk all that just for more money?" Or words to that effect. I wish more pro athletes felt that way. Hopefully we have a bunch on this team.
          Respect...it's earned, not given.

sigpic

Comment

Just how much cap room do the Broncos have? I saw somewhere there was only about 9mil. Is this accurate?

Comment

Working...
            X