Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orton's finger injury--gruesome details?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orton's the man.

Comment

Yeah, I always see careers end from finger injuries lol...all kidding aside

I've broken a couple fingers myself, and yeah it really hurts for awhile and ur fingers won't ever be the same (IF not healed right like my right pinky) but when they eventually do come back u only notice the difference wen u focus on it...other than that, you don't notice it....I like Kyle too but let's not get tooo carried away...but yeah it was tough to do what he did...cuz only a week or 2 is still pretty painful but it's just a finger lol

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post

I've broken a couple fingers myself, and yeah it really hurts for awhile and ur fingers won't ever be the same (IF not healed right like my right pinky) but when they eventually do come back u only notice the difference wen u focus on it...other than that, you don't notice it....I like Kyle too but let's not get tooo carried away...but yeah it was tough to do what he did...cuz only a week or 2 is still pretty painful but it's just a finger lol
        Did you read the op? It wasn't a break...at all. And that little thing that's just a finger is, if i'm not mistaken, the one that gets the most pressure on it from throwing.

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post

I knew I'd lost mobility in my right hand (obviously), but just recently I had a chance to measure the grip strength in both. My left hand was about 15% stronger than my right. Huh? I thought (I'm right handed), then I remembered the injury. You're right; you get used to it and don't even realize it's effecting you. But that doesn't mean it isn't.

And seriousness not aside, if the tendons or nerves had been damaged in that finger, which is possible with an open dislocation, it could have meant the end of his career. Not on his off hand, and maybe not on his pinky, but on the index of his right hand, yeah. He was lucky. So were we.
          Respect...it's earned, not given.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ExBearFan View Post
            I knew I'd lost mobility in my right hand (obviously), but just recently I had a chance to measure the grip strength in both. My left hand was about 15% stronger than my right. Huh? I thought (I'm right handed), then I remembered the injury. You're right; you get used to it and don't even realize it's effecting you. But that doesn't mean it isn't.

And seriousness not aside, if the tendons or nerves had been damaged in that finger, which is possible with an open dislocation, it could have meant the end of his career. Not on his off hand, and maybe not on his pinky, but on the index of his right hand, yeah. He was lucky. So were we.
            With KO's demeanor I wonder if there is some serious damage that he just won't fess up to to avoid the media/sympathy card. Hopefully not, but you never know with KO.

Comment

Good thing Orton's finger doesn't look like Tory Holts. Yikes!

http://www.frumpzilla.com/index.php/..._be_an_nfl_wr/

Comment

History of toughness

At Chicago, Orton played the last half of 2008 on a sprained ankle.

At Purdue, Orton played the last half of his senior year with a hip injury (and still threw 31 TDs and only 5 INTs).

In the 2003 Capitol One Bowl, Orton brought Purdue back from a 24-10 deficit in the 4th, playing with a dislocated left thumb, a sprained toe, and a cracked rib. He ran for 2 TDs and threw for another.

Tough? No doubt. A bigger concern is if he turns out to be injury-prone.

sigpic

Comment

I recall something like this back in early September .

At the press conference before his first game back from injury Orton was asked why he was playing so soon after the injury that was expected to sideline him for weeks and he replied "Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
                  To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment Would you capture it or just let it slip? "
                  "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

Reminds me of another quarterback that played with a torn bicep tendon...Broncos quarterbacks built Bronco tough! :orton:
                    sigpicSig designed by Freyaka
                    2014 Adopt-a-Bronco - Juwan Thompson....BELIEVE, It's Mile High Magic!

Comment

Originally posted by native5280fan View Post
                      Reminds me of another quarterback that played with a torn bicep tendon...Broncos quarterbacks built Bronco tough! :orton:
                      We used to call that "Bears tough." Now, of course, they have Cutler.........................

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X