No announcement yet.

Who makes a better coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the former players are better communicators because there speaking to other athletes, but a head coach should be on a higher level then the player, of course having 0 experiance on the field is inexcusable. but id take a cerebreal coach anyday, unless i have peyton manning on my team. hey u think manning will coach eventually? i mean last nights game was basically manning vs belichick, and u no he was trying to put manning in his place on that 4th down.(WHICH WAS GOOD FOR THE 1ST BY THE WAY)
    go broncos

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_fan88 View Post
      the former players are better communicators because there speaking to other athletes, but a head coach should be on a higher level then the player, of course having 0 experiance on the field is inexcusable. but id take a cerebreal coach anyday, unless i have peyton manning on my team. hey u think manning will coach eventually? i mean last nights game was basically manning vs belichick, and u no he was trying to put manning in his place on that 4th down.(WHICH WAS GOOD FOR THE 1ST BY THE WAY)
      Manning already calls pretty much all of the plays. At the very least I think he would be an OC if he WANTS to coach that is, which I don't know why he wouldn't but I think it would come a few years after being retired. I think he would make an excellent coach because he's really the best of both worlds. I don't mean to sound like Im gushing over Manning but you can't really dispute it.
      sigpic

Comment

I think both of the backgrounds are just as capable.
        sigpic

Comment

They both can be good coaches.

If I was in charge of a team I would look for a former player as HC who relied heavily on the smarts of assistant coaches.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            They both can be good coaches.

If I was in charge of a team I would look for a former player as HC who relied heavily on the smarts of assistant coaches.
            Agreed. A HC needs to have great 'feel' for the game. It's an art that like every other art is developed through experience, not from stats/film/education. Coordinators can gameplan off of the statistics and film gathered by secretaries (Assistants), but it takes a someone intimately familiar with the game to adapt, react and lead.

Though both jocks and nerds can be good coaches, only ex-players can be great coaches.

Comment

Working...
            X