Winds of Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winds of Change?

For the first time in a long time I feel like we are in the midst of something happening, and I just can't pin it down. For some it's the eye of the storm, or the calm before the storm. They will tell you we not only began a downward slide but will accentuate that trend in weeks to come, moving swiftly away from a playoff run. For others, the Broncos have become a neutral team again, and we'll likely play just above or just below 500 ball (3 and 4 or 4 and 3) for the rest of the season.

And for the rest of us, this is the point just before the wind changes, but it will blow from the right direction. Of course we are also of the mindset that Orton will be ready sooner than later. Even the most positive people here have issues with a renewed energy and drive and plenty more "victories" with one of our backups running the show. In fact, I am not sure that anyone believes we have the slightest amount of hope without Orton as the starter.

So assuming Kyle is in, I see us making a statement on Sunday. How fired up will our guys be, inspired by the coaches and the likes of Dawk, knowing that a win on Sunday will reverse all the bad vibes, and show once again that football is a long, hard road, with ups and downs along the way. The thing is, you can not get too down during the race, because one good or bad step can change your fortune in this league. Teams that start "so so" can go the distance. Teams that start fast can miss out. And many teams can bounce around but surge when it counts the most, in the tail end of the season. The Giants did that a couple of years ago. Pittsburgh looked anything the part, but gained momentum last year, with the same reward. Football is tough and gritty, and you just have to pick yourself up, bloodied and dirty, even when many are counting you out. It's like the way Nicklaus psyched himself in golf, learning to forget the bogey he just made, and starting the next hole in a positive frame of mind. Not easy to do, but essential.

We have the ingredients to go far. Those first six games proved that. One lucky pass in game one maybe, but the rest was all well-deserved, and against some tough teams. We can find that again. It's just getting to fire on all cylinders, as opposed to inconsistency.

If Orton is there soon, I feel that wind picking up behind us, and returning the Broncos back to playoff stature, something we've been missing for far too long. Don't give up hope, because this is a different team than we've ever had before, and the similarities year over year are meaningless. A win against the Chargers will provide all the proof.

Lets kick some ass.

Comment

Well said Can. :clap: :go:
      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
      Adopted By:
      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
      Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
        Lets kick some ass.
        Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The peaks are never as high as they seem and the valleys are never as low.

This team lost to two very good teams before this Sunday. Losing to Washington was more Denver losing than Washington winning if for no other reason than not running the ball and losing Orton.

San Diego should be commended for climbing back into the race however lets keep in mind they played the Raiders (who looked like a REAL NFL team against SD twice), the Chiefs, a Giants team on a slide, and a Philli team that lost Westbrook to a concussion but still passed for 400 yards.

Denver has the game at home and the tie breaker they can maintain control of their destiny with a win. For every reason a person can give as a possibility for losing I can offer an alternative for winning.

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
            The peaks are never as high as they seem and the valleys are never as low.

This team lost to two very good teams before this Sunday. Losing to Washington was more Denver losing than Washington winning if for no other reason than not running the ball and losing Orton.

San Diego should be commended for climbing back into the race however lets keep in mind they played the Raiders (who looked like a REAL NFL team against SD twice), the Chiefs, a Giants team on a slide, and a Philli team that lost Westbrook to a concussion but still passed for 400 yards.

Denver has the game at home and the tie breaker they can maintain control of their destiny with a win. For every reason a person can give as a possibility for losing I can offer an alternative for winning.
            Way to go jh!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              For the first time in a long time I feel like we are in the midst of something happening, and I just can't pin it down. For some it's the eye of the storm, or the calm before the storm. They will tell you we not only began a downward slide but will accentuate that trend in weeks to come, moving swiftly away from a playoff run. For others, the Broncos have become a neutral team again, and we'll likely play just above or just below 500 ball (3 and 4 or 4 and 3) for the rest of the season.

And for the rest of us, this is the point just before the wind changes, but it will blow from the right direction. Of course we are also of the mindset that Orton will be ready sooner than later. Even the most positive people here have issues with a renewed energy and drive and plenty more "victories" with one of our backups running the show. In fact, I am not sure that anyone believes we have the slightest amount of hope without Orton as the starter.

So assuming Kyle is in, I see us making a statement on Sunday. How fired up will our guys be, inspired by the coaches and the likes of Dawk, knowing that a win on Sunday will reverse all the bad vibes, and show once again that football is a long, hard road, with ups and downs along the way. The thing is, you can not get too down during the race, because one good or bad step can change your fortune in this league. Teams that start "so so" can go the distance. Teams that start fast can miss out. And many teams can bounce around but surge when it counts the most, in the tail end of the season. The Giants did that a couple of years ago. Pittsburgh looked anything the part, but gained momentum last year, with the same reward. Football is tough and gritty, and you just have to pick yourself up, bloodied and dirty, even when many are counting you out. It's like the way Nicklaus psyched himself in golf, learning to forget the bogey he just made, and starting the next hole in a positive frame of mind. Not easy to do, but essential.

We have the ingredients to go far. Those first six games proved that. One lucky pass in game one maybe, but the rest was all well-deserved, and against some tough teams. We can find that again. It's just getting to fire on all cylinders, as opposed to inconsistency.

If Orton is there soon, I feel that wind picking up behind us, and returning the Broncos back to playoff stature, something we've been missing for far too long. Don't give up hope, because this is a different team than we've ever had before, and the similarities year over year are meaningless. A win against the Chargers will provide all the proof.
              I see 125 bilion galaxies, surrounded by by an average of 200 billion stars, all watching the Broncos kick the Chargers ass.
              "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

I see 125 billion galaxies, surrounded by by an average of 200 billiion stars, all watching the Broncos kick the Chargers ass.

Comment

I see 125 billion galaxies, surrounded by an average of 200 billiion stars, all watching the Broncos kick the Chargers ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                    Lets kick some ass.
                    What they said!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

For the Barrel Man! For the fans! for the veterens like Dawk and Champ and to shut [email protected]#head Rivers and all these talking heads and doubters back up!

KICK THE DOLTS A$$!!!!:go:
                      "I suck, You suck, we suck, everybody sucks... Good luck and happy thanksgiving." - winning spirit by Jake Plummer

Comment

I get that same feeling. I had it immediately after the washington game. I dont know what it was, I just felt in my gut, that I couldn't wait for the SD game this Sunday. I hope my gut was right and it wasn't just gas ha ha ha.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                          I get that same feeling. I had it immediately after the washington game. I dont know what it was, I just felt in my gut, that I couldn't wait for the SD game this Sunday. I hope my gut was right and it wasn't just gas ha ha ha.
                          At my age, it's hard to tell what causes what anymore!!!!

Comment

Despise!

I hate no team more than the Chargers! I don't just want a win this weekend. I want to humiliate the Bolts! I want Phillis to taste the mile high dirt, I want Merriman to leave with his head hung! I want the bolts to leave Denver feeling like the trash they are!

Lets go Broncos whoop some Charger TRASH!!!!

Go :orton:

Go

:salute!:
                            Lets take this season one game at a time!Go Broncos!

Comment

I folow the Broncos
                              Down to Mile High
                              Listening to the wind of change
                              An November fall night
                              Soldiers passing by
                              Listening to the wind of change

The world is closing in
                              Did you ever think
                              That we could be so close, like brothers
                              The future's in the air
                              I can feel it everywhere