Orton Has Torn Ligaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
    As a Bears fan, that just sounds so strange to hear...
    After watching Simms last week, that is exactly how I feel unless Chris has done some serious practice work this week.

And if Kyle isn't 100%, he should sit out and not risk making things worse.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• I've said in another thread, I'm sure Orton will play. I had the same injury as him on the exact same foot. It's painful but some painkillers and tape will be just fine. Mine was pretty severe and of course there's different levels of severity but mine was pretty up there. Took over 5 years to heal. The bad thing is he'll lose strength in both ankles with the injury on the left and babying the right ankle will cause him to turn his ankle a lot. When I had it too, I never missed a game and started both LG and MLB.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
        After watching Simms last week, that is exactly how I feel unless Chris has done some serious practice work this week.

And if Kyle isn't 100%, he should sit out and not risk making things worse.
        there's really no "making things worst" if he's wearing a brace or tight tape. Damage has already been done and really as long as he doesn't roll it again he'll be fine. And with the added protection with a brace it just won't roll over enough for any injury to happen. The hard part is walking around the house in your normal everyday life and not twisting it or rolling it.

Comment

• I ran a Cross Country race a week after I sprained my ankle and I ended up running very well. I'm not sure the severity of HIS sprain but I could hardly walk after I aggravated mine, a week later I taped it up and was good to go. If I can do non-stop 3.1 miles on a bum ankle, I think Kyle will be fine doing stop and go motion, he just can't roll it again.

:orton:
          In Josh I trust...

:orton:Kyle Orton Army Soldier #800:orton:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
            Not to me. Before he got hurt last year, we were 5-3: three losses by a combined 8 points against three playoff teams.

In fact, through 2007-2008, the Bears were 11-7 with Orton under center, 5-9 when he wasn't. Take away those three close losses, where the D went to sleep in the 4th quarter, and the Bears would have been 14-4 under Orton the last two years.

Ah, but maybe you mean it's weird to hear someone else saying it! In that case, I agree!!
            Respect...it's earned, not given.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ExBearFan View Post
              Originally posted by neckbeard
              Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
              If Kyle doesn't play, we're toast.
              Not to me. Before he got hurt last year, we were 5-3: three losses by a combined 8 points against three playoff teams.

In fact, through 2007-2008, the Bears were 11-7 with Orton under center, 5-9 when he wasn't. Take away those three close losses, where the D went to sleep in the 4th quarter, and the Bears would have been 14-4 under Orton the last two years.

Ah, but maybe you mean it's weird to hear someone else saying it! In that case, I agree!!
              That's what I meant.

If you've been on CBMB for the past few years, you'd know that I'm the biggest Orton homer there (I'm "Dennis" over there). In spite of everything you've pointed out, most of the posters over there don't like Kyle simply because he's not a "gunslinger."

First it was that Rex "the Sex Cannon" Grossman was better than Kyle simply because he appeared in the Super Bowl and he would heave it down the field every chance he got - which ended in a bad crash-and-burn for Rex. Now it's "Midway Jay" Cutler is better than KO simply because he appeared in the Pro Bowl and will heave it down the field every chance he gets. Which has Jay in his own death-spiral right now.

In between that nonsense Kyle just won games, but that wasn't good enough. He was sure to be "figured out" by opposing DCs - all they had to do was cover the short routes and pressure Orton, yet for some reason they never did. But they had nothing to point to in terms of game performance until Kyle had to play on a high-ankle sprain last season - and he still nearly took that sorry team into the postseason!

So, yeah - it's very weird to hear a fan base worried that if KO can't play then all is lost...
              "That's a crap question."
              - Kyle Orton

Comment

• I heard that the real reason that Orton is being held out is that his foot will fall off if he practices too much.
                Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Working...
                X