A misconception about Brandstater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A misconception about Brandstater

First off, I'm not saying Brandstater should or shouldn't start this week if Orton doesn't play, but I wanted to clear up the misconception of him being "untested against 3rd and 4th stringers in the preseason". That is false. Everyone remembers that against the Seahawks Orton dislocated his finger, what most of you seemed to have forgot is that the very next week Simms got hurt too. Brandstater went in against the Bears starting defense(including Urlacher) for a good bit in the 2nd quarter and performed very well. Right before halftime, he led a great drive that got us a TD and I believe within seven points of Chicago. So I think he has shown the ability to step and play against a starting defense.
    sigpic
    Made by Houshmazode

You can't use a preseason game to determine anything regardless of who was playing. It's a preseason game, and nobody is playing at 100% effort except for people on the fence of getting released in the regular season.
    sigpic

Comment

yeah....except that chris simms was twice the QB orton was in preseason as well.
      disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

if we use preseason to determine anything Orton should have been fired.

Making Simms our starter.... No Thnx.

Please stop Brandstater threads... its getting old. I like Baddy B, i think he is a great prospect, but playing him this year is team suicide. Orton is our guy love him or hate him, if he's healthy he goes. If he's not its Simms.

The soonest Baddy B starts for the Broncos is next preseason.
        He's still Tim Tebow... and you're NOT!
        But Peyton Manning will win a Super Bowl.

Comment

You both totally missed the direction of my thread, it was to clear up the belief of many people that Brandstater only played against 3rd and 4th stringers. He has played starters and did quite well. If you read my first sentence again you can tell I was NOT trying to start another "Brandstater thread".
          sigpic
          Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
            I was NOT trying to start another "Brandstater thread".
            i am confused
            He's still Tim Tebow... and you're NOT!
            But Peyton Manning will win a Super Bowl.

Comment

"A misconception about Brandstater" isn't about Brandstater?

I too, am confused

Comment

1. This thread was intended to clear up a false belief that Brandstater had no experience playing a starting defense.

2. It was NOT intended to be a Brandstater>>>>Simms thread, or a Brandstater is the future thread, or any of those types of threads.

3. I never said it wasn't about Brandstater.
                sigpic
                Made by Houshmazode

Comment

1) Bears D is terrible.
                  2) It was preseason.

Comment

Bears "D" was good before all the injuries.

My brothers are huge Bears fans, and there "D" was good until they lost three starting LB"s in two games, A starting DT and a saftey. That's alot to over come in four weeks.:paper:

Comment

The misconception is that he can lead us to anything this year.
                      John and TD should get their own wing in Canton.

Comment

First off, I'm not saying Brandstater should or shouldn't start this week if Orton doesn't play, but I wanted to clear up the misconception of him being "untested against 3rd and 4th stringers in the preseason". That is false. Everyone remembers that against the Seahawks Orton dislocated his finger, what most of you seemed to have forgot is that the very next week Simms got hurt too. Brandstater went in against the Bears starting defense(including Urlacher) for a good bit in the 2nd quarter and performed very well. Right before halftime, he led a great drive that got us a TD and I believe within seven points of Chicago. So I think he has shown the ability to step and play against a starting defense.
                        I don't know how everyone missed how badly you messed this up...

Orton got hurt against CHICAGO, then Simms got hurt later that SAME game. Brandstater came in and looked like utter crap. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights the entire time he was on the field during that game.

The NEXT week he started against Arizona, who were playing their starters on both offense and defense for the first 2-3 drives and he did amazingly well then.

After seeing Simms performance, I honestly would rather see Brandstater than him if Orton can't go.

Comment

Originally posted by White Dragon View Post
                          I don't know how everyone missed how badly you messed this up...

Orton got hurt against CHICAGO, then Simms got hurt later that SAME game. Brandstater came in and looked like utter crap. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights the entire time he was on the field during that game.

The NEXT week he started against Arizona, who were playing their starters on both offense and defense for the first 2-3 drives and he did amazingly well then.

After seeing Simms performance, I honestly would rather see Brandstater than him if Orton can't go.
                          Wrong, I remember the Chicago game very well for several reasons. The biggest being that I recorded it and watched it more than once. Another being that I got into an argument with a Bears fan about when Brandstater scored the TD. He said it was against 2nd stringers, I said it was against starters, I rewound the tape and Brandstater led the drive against 1st stringers for the TD.
                          Last edited by Bowie Man; 11-19-2009, 09:59 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Orton got hurt during the bears game not the seahawks.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eddieroyalfan19 View Post
                              Orton got hurt during the bears game not the seahawks.
                              After thinking about it I believe you and WD are right about when Orton got hurt. Orton got hurt in the Chicago game, it was Simms that got hurt against Seattle.
                              Last edited by Bowie Man; 11-19-2009, 10:00 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Working...
                              X