Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A misconception about Brandstater

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    26/46 298 yards, 6 sacks, and 2 picks isnt what Im calling a great preseason.

    In all reality, I think if Simms plays this week, he gives us the best chance to win. Yeah, he didnt look great against Wash, but, coming in on the road against a good defense in a close game isnt the best situation to get your first significant snaps of the season (missed a good chunk of preseason with injury).
    sigpic

    I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

    Comment


    • #17
      you both got it wrong. Chris was already out and did not play agianst the bears, and orton got hurt before halftime of the bears game. Ingle Martin was the third back up...he didn't play.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        OK, I researched it, watched some highlights, etc. Here's what Brandstater did. Simms went down against Seattle(as EddieRoyalfan said), and Brandstater was awful(as WD said). Next week, Orton gets hurt(as WD said), Brandstater comes in and (I was wrong about the time here) leads two TD drives(one ended as a two yard run, the other a one yard run). One against the Bears starters, and I think the other was backups. The one I was thinking of was right after halftime, not before(my bad there); but my whole point of the thread was that Brandstater had faced starters and did well. As others have said, the Bears D was pretty good before they lost three LBs and a DT.
        sigpic
        Made by Houshmazode

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
          OK, I researched it, watched some highlights, etc. Here's what Brandstater did. Simms went down against Seattle(as EddieRoyalfan said), and Brandstater was awful(as WD said). Next week, Orton gets hurt(as WD said), Brandstater comes in and (I was wrong about the time here) leads two TD drives(one ended as a two yard run, the other a one yard run). One against the Bears starters, and I think the other was backups. The one I was thinking of was right after halftime, not before(my bad there); but my whole point of the thread was that Brandstater had faced starters and did well. As others have said, the Bears D was pretty good before they lost three LBs and a DT.
          AH HA!

          I guess nobody remembered the exact chain of events.

          I do remember Tom getting plastered against Seattle now and not Chicago.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by White Dragon View Post
            AH HA!

            I guess nobody remembered the exact chain of events.

            I do remember Tom getting plastered against Seattle now and not Chicago.
            Yup.

            Brandstater didn't get the TDs so nobody really remember'd them, but one drive had the great throw and catch to Lloyd right at the one 1-yard line where Lloyd's helmet got ripped off, and the other had a long bomb off a PA pass to Kenny McKinley. Both set up the TD runs.
            sigpic
            Made by Houshmazode

            Comment


            • #21
              He also played against 1st string during the Arizona game who played their starters most of the first half, if I remember correctly they even had a few starters in after halftime. Brandstater actually played his best when he was playing against the other teams first string defense. The upcoming game is too big of a game to have it be his first start ever, its going to be a playoff atmosphere and you never wanna throw a rookie into this type of game. The best time he should start would be after Thanksgiving when the Broncos have a week and a half to prepare (like Cutler in '06), and that's if Orton is out for extended period of time, and Simms sucks it up again.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                He also played against 1st string during the Arizona game who played their starters most of the first half, if I remember correctly they even had a few starters in after halftime. Brandstater actually played his best when he was playing against the other teams first string defense. The upcoming game is too big of a game to have it be his first start ever, its going to be a playoff atmosphere and you never wanna throw a rookie into this type of game. The best time he should start would be after Thanksgiving when the Broncos have a week and a half to prepare (like Cutler in '06), and that's if Orton is out for extended period of time, and Simms sucks it up again.
                I'm hoping we will be able to put Brandstater in for the last game of the season against the Chiefs, but we have to win a few games first.
                sigpic
                Made by Houshmazode

                Comment


                • #23
                  Brandstater will have his chance sooner or later. Right now it is still Simms' turn to prove what he can do with better preparation. And we not even know if Orton will be definetely out. I think that a rookie at QB should be our last option for several reasons but players sometimes shock the audience positively, it could happen with Brandstater who knows.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    All I know is this...if Orton isn't right, he shouldn't play. Better to tank one game and still have a chance (al beit a small chance IMO if we blow this game) than to risk him getting put on IR and us really being done for the year.
                    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
                      I'm hoping we will be able to put Brandstater in for the last game of the season against the Chiefs, but we have to win a few games first.
                      Any thread containing the word Brandstater will revolve around if and when he starts. This thread comes on the heels of a poor performance by Simms.. your intentions were clear and it is yet another "Brandstater thread".

                      it didn't need its own title you could have revived any of the other 20 or so threads on this topic.

                      Don't try and say you didn't make another "Brandstater thread"... own it.
                      He's still Tim Tebow... and you're NOT!
                      But Peyton Manning will win a Super Bowl.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Kilroy View Post
                        Any thread containing the word Brandstater will revolve around if and when he starts. This thread comes on the heels of a poor performance by Simms.. your intentions were clear and it is yet another "Brandstater thread".

                        it didn't need its own title you could have revived any of the other 20 or so threads on this topic.

                        Don't try and say you didn't make another "Brandstater thread"... own it.
                        Does that mean we can't have another conversation about it? Thank you for wasting your time in flaming the op instead of contributing to the thread...






                        Brandstater should get some reps in games that we dominate, and i hope to have a few that we dominate lol.

                        I just want to see what he brings to the table during the regular season.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Here's my .02:

                          Simms is the backup. He should have been ready to go--that's why they're paying him three freakin' million bucks, but clearly he wasn't. But I'd give him a week with the starting unit and see how he does. Otherwise, cut him now and save the money (if you can).

                          That said, if he plays too badly too early, I would sub in Brandstater. This isn't a game we can let get out of hand.
                          Respect...it's earned, not given.

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            It must suck to start a thread and have it derailed with the very first post.

                            Brandstater did a good job in pre-season. He was poised.

                            Sorry to anyone that thinks the players aren't playing hard in the pre-season, you couldn't be more wrong. You don't get to that level and step on the field with your pads expecting to lighten up how you play. Ridiculous.
                            Rhyme Time: Loose, Caboose. Lose, Boo's. Grieve, Peeve? Cat, Hat and all of that...

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
                              1. This thread was intended to clear up a false belief that Brandstater had no experience playing a starting defense.

                              2. It was NOT intended to be a Brandstater>>>>Simms thread, or a Brandstater is the future thread, or any of those types of threads.

                              3. I never said it wasn't about Brandstater.
                              I know what you were getting at. Brand does have experience during the pre-season against 1st string players. He did good. Of course, that was pre-season and almost half the regular season is done and teams are starting to hit on all cylinders. Certainly, the worse QB on the roster is Simms however.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I don't want the guy that hit on my girlfriend for a good hour at the helm of the offense. If Brandstater starts I'm gonna start posting his phone number....haha

                                I like the kid but he's not ready. Plain and simple. I'm sure he knows that to, give him time and will see what happens next year.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X