Double standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double standard

I'm reading threads about who will start at QB this Sunday, and there seems to be a double standard emerging. When Cutler was traded a lot of people said that we were better off without him because it's not about one player, it's a team sport, Orton is a better team player, etc. Now, Orton is injured, and a lot of people (Orton supporters) are saying we need him back this week, we can't win Sunday if Simms plays, Orton is our only hope to make the playoffs, etc.

You can't have it both ways people. How about giving Simms a chance? Maybe with a week's worth of reps with the first team he'll do well. He looked pretty good in pre-season if I recall. And how about having a little faith in the rest of the team? Some of you sound as if you think the team will roll over if Orton doesn't play. Maybe they pick their game up and help Simms out. Remember - it's a team sport.
    sigpic

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
    I'm reading threads about who will start at QB this Sunday, and there seems to be a double standard emerging. When Cutler was traded a lot of people said that we were better off without him because it's not about one player, it's a team sport, Orton is a better team player, etc. Now, Orton is injured, and a lot of people (Orton supporters) are saying we need him back this week, we can't win Sunday if Simms plays, Orton is our only hope to make the playoffs, etc.

You can't have it both ways people. How about giving Simms a chance? Maybe with a week's worth of reps with the first team he'll do well. He looked pretty good in pre-season if I recall. And how about having a little faith in the rest of the team? Some of you sound as if you think the team will roll over if Orton doesn't play. Maybe they pick their game up and help Simms out. Remember - it's a team sport.
    X2!:salute!:

Comment

I'm sorry I disagree.....given what Orton has done the first 9 games, we as fan's believe he gives us the best of the ability to win the game. And after seeing Simms play for a half, we feel that with only 3 days of practice he was so porous that it can't get much better. He did not show any signs of hope....none!
      Born and raised on Broncos football! 27 and counting....

Comment

How about giving Simms a chance?
        He had his chance and blew it. NEXT!

Comment

No, not a double standard. Some of us that liked Cutler when he was here and hoped he'd improve, never thought he was what made this team.

We didn't need Culter necessarily, but we did need a good QB to run the offense. Orton is that good QB without the personality issues. We also saw what Simms did for us last week. A very good reason that we think we'll have a hard time winning unless Orton plays.

It is a team sport and Orton is a great team player and leader. This isn't about just 1 player, but we need 11 to put on the field, not 10.
          Rhyme Time: Loose, Caboose. Lose, Boo's. Grieve, Peeve? Cat, Hat and all of that...

Comment

Originally posted by #7Forever View Post
            I'm sorry I disagree.....given what Orton has done the first 9 games, we as fan's believe he gives us the best of the ability to win the game. And after seeing Simms play for a half, we feel that with only 3 days of practice he was so porous that it can't get much better. He did not show any signs of hope....none!

Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post

Originally posted by on2 View Post
            No, not a double standard. Some of us that liked Cutler when he was here and hoped he'd improve, never thought he was what made this team.

We didn't need Culter necessarily, but we did need a good QB to run the offense. Orton is that good QB without the personality issues. We also saw what Simms did for us last week. A very good reason that we think we'll have a hard time winning unless Orton plays.

It is a team sport and Orton is a great team player and leader. This isn't about just 1 player, but we need 11 to put on the field, not 10.
            So, it is all about one guy? Your answers tell me yes, you believe it's all about Orton. No faith in the rest of the team? The O-line won't pick up their game? The running game will fall apart? The D will continue to struggle rather than show some pride and play like they are capable?
            sigpic

Comment

So, it is all about one guy? Your answers tell me yes, you believe it's all about Orton. No faith in the rest of the team? The O-line won't pick up their game? The running game will fall apart? The D will continue to struggle rather than show some pride and play like they are capable?
              I'm with you on this. Too many glass half empties in here.

Get behind our team:go:

Comment

Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post
                Agreed! All you people who want to play Simms will be the same people who bash him Sunday after the game. WHEN WE LOSE!!!!!!!! Simms is not a big game player. Never has been never will be. Orton has the moxie and the calm to get it done. If Orton plays we win. If Simms plays we lose and our season is over.
                sigpic
                "Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
                Great Job & thanks, WD!

"He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN

“A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

Comment

We are behind our team and WE want to win that's why were hoping Orton is back because he gives us the best chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by 203KillinSpree View Post
                    Agreed! All you people who want to play Simms will be the same people who bash him Sunday after the game. WHEN WE LOSE!!!!!!!! Simms is not a big game player. Never has been never will be. Orton has the moxie and the calm to get it done. If Orton plays we win. If Simms plays we lose and our season is over.
                    So what about the rest of the team? Given up on them already?
                    sigpic

Comment

So what about the rest of the team? Given up on them already?
                      Simms is SO bad he brings the rest of the team down.

Throwing passes way over receivers heads, along with at their feet... the opposing team's defense knows this, thus being able to stack the box to stop the run, and gun it at Simms through the line.

Along with going 3 and out constantly, giving the defense hardly any rest, causing the defense to wear down fast and collapse.

I have to say, I've seen enough of Simms to know that I DO NOT want him starting against the Chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJm View Post
                        We are behind our team and WE want to win that's why were hoping Orton is back because he gives us the best chance to win.
                        Simms isn't my first choice of QB over Orton but if thats all we got then thats all we got. Hope Orton comes back soon (hopefully sunday) but if he can't there are 52 other guys that will give it their best and I'll take it.

Go Broncos!!!!

Comment

I definently do not want simms to start. I personally feel he is a waste of money on the broncos. However I will support him if he steps on the field and plays at anytime on sunday. Maybe he will change my mind if he does, but I doubt it. =/

Comment

Originally posted by CUTLERIZED View Post
                            Simms isn't my first choice of QB over Orton but if thats all we got then thats all we got. Hope Orton comes back soon (hopefully sunday) but if he can't there are 52 other guys that will give it their best and I'll take it.

Go Broncos!!!!
                            I agree.....

Comment

You can't have it both ways people.
                              There's no contradiction here. You said it yourself.

"When Cutler was traded a lot of people said that we were better off without him because it's not about one player, it's a team sport"

You also said, "Orton is a better team player."

Orton is a team player, and a natural leader. He's also a very intelligent and gifted athlete.

When trading Orton for Cutler a few of us realized this wasn't going to be such a bad thing after all.

Trading Orton for Simms however... Not quite the same thing.

Apples to apples. Orton and Cutler are very good quarterbacks. Trading one for the other is a trade-off of different benefits, but each with potent benefits. I believe Orton has more traits that are more positive and more important than those of Cutler. That's neither here nor there, though. The point is an argument can be had about who is better between Orton and Cutler.

No such argument will involve either of these two names along-side Chris Simms.

Comment

Working...
                              X