Sunday game vs Chargers....Simms in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by elecshoc View Post
    This is what I'm expecting early on in the game. Later in the game I'm expecting simms to find a groove and start hitting throws. If he can hit a groove on one or just two drives, then we have a great chance of getting the win.
    Thats going to be dependent on the D holding SD. Their offense has been cruising clicking in all aspects lately. Our D hasnt. We can certainly control the game, but it is going to require much better play than the past 3 weeks.

I think the problem is that the team got caught up in 6-0 and lost their fundamentals. No fundamentals this week and SD is going to roll.
    sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

• Originally posted by 203KillinSpree View Post
      This has blow out written all over it!
      I try to hopeful, but this is a straight-up receipe for an ugly game. The D better come to play 60 minutes, because I have a feeling that is the only way the game remains close.

The O has not been complete all season, and there is no reason reason to believe it all comes together today.

Look, this is why they play the games, right? The Broncos have an equal chance to win this game, lets hope they can do it.
      A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

• Not to get too conspiracy theoryish but maybe Simms starts with the plan that Orton comes in at the very first sign of struggle. If I'm not mistaken Brandstater is the third QB which means if he comes in the starter is not allowed to come back in the game. Maybe this is why Simms is listed as the starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
          Not to get too conspiracy theoryish but maybe Simms starts with the plan that Orton comes in at the very first sign of struggle. If I'm not mistaken Brandstater is the third QB which means if he comes in the starter is not allowed to come back in the game. Maybe this is why Simms is listed as the starter.
          Its getting kind of confusing I just heard that Brandstater is now the 2nd qb behind simms.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyJm View Post
            Its getting kind of confusing I just heard that Brandstater is now the 2nd qb behind simms.
            T-Bra is listed as inactive/3rd QB.

What that means is that he isnt official counted on the game day roster. He can come in in emergency situations, but neither Simms nor Orton would be allowed to play for the rest of the game.
            sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
              I try to hopeful, but this is a straight-up receipe for an ugly game. The D better come to play 60 minutes, because I have a feeling that is the only way the game remains close.

The O has not been complete all season, and there is no reason reason to believe it all comes together today.

Look, this is why they play the games, right? The Broncos have an equal chance to win this game, lets hope they can do it.
              My sentiments exactly. If the D doesn't come up with some big plays, it's gonna be a long day.
              Geaux Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyJm View Post
                Now this is getting too confusing . Lets just get the win and come out with no more injuries . I dont know whats going on with Josh,Orton,Simms ,the training staff but lets get it together .
                "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

• Originally posted by McSmashie View Post

What that means is that he isnt official counted on the game day roster. He can come in in emergency situations, but neither Simms nor Orton would be allowed to play for the rest of the game.
                  I thought it was just the starter that wouldn't be allowed back in if the 3rd QB comes in? I could be mistaken.

Comment

• Originally posted by LASERLIPS View Post
                    My sentiments exactly. If the D doesn't come up with some big plays, it's gonna be a long day.
                    I disagree, respectfully of course.

I think the key is our run offense. They are banged up at tackle, and their lb play has been spotty all year. We have to keep our third downs to short distances with good 1st and 2nd down running.

We keep possession of the ball, and keep Rivers off the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                      I thought it was just the starter that wouldn't be allowed back in if the 3rd QB comes in? I could be mistaken.
                      If the emergency QB comes in, both active QBs are done. Thats why you dont see them use this very often.

Originally posted by DishWater View Post
                      I disagree, respectfully of course.

I think the key is our run offense. They are banged up at tackle, and their lb play has been spotty all year. We have to keep our third downs to short distances with good 1st and 2nd down running.

We keep possession of the ball, and keep Rivers off the field.
                      Actually it is both.

Unless the D can get the Chargers O off the field, they have too much talent and too much momentum.

If the O keeps putting up 3-and-outs, then the D wont have a chance. You can only bottle up that offense for so long until you wear out.

We cant count on Simms. Both the run game and the D have to have their games-of-the-year or this is going to be a long day for the good guys.
                      sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

• Originally posted by McSmashie View Post

Thanks McSmashie.... Tried to CP u but it wouldn't let me.

Comment

Working...
                        X