BOTTOM LINE: BEAT NYG, win in KC and we go to playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOTTOM LINE: BEAT NYG, win in KC and we go to playoffs

DEN will beat KC & OAK at home. They'll lose in INDY and PHILLY.

That puts DEN at 8-6.

SO, the season boils down to Thursday against NYG, and then the following game in KC.

Win those 2 games.... DEN will be 8-4 (and with the 2 home games against KC & OAK this means 10-6).

IF DEN finishes 10-6 (5-1 in the DIV) they might even win the AFC West; but they'll defintely claim a wild card berth.

Beat,What! We can't score.

Kc, just beat Pitt and Oak just beat Cinn, and Ny just beat Alt., and we just lost 4 games straight!

Comment

you guys would be smart to rest orton for the giants game, as he's your best shot at making the playoffs. I didn't think he did that bad today, pretty gutsy seeing how he was limping around.

Comment

Yeh, it all sounds good but that isn't going to happen this year.
        If we manage to finish over 8-8, it will be a good finish for the season.

Comment

The Wild Card is pretty weak, 9 wins would get us in IMO..we look horrible at the moment, but all we need is to beat Oakland and KC..

Comment

Haven't we learned anything about chalking up wins before the game is played?
            We "were" going to beat Washington last week too.

Comment

a win against NYG and we will still have life. we will be confident enough to take on the chiefs. if we lose our team will probably give up like they have in the 2nd half of these last 4 games.

a loss means were in a desperate situation. the brutal schedule is finally getting to us.

Comment

Bottom line try to win 4 game regardless of who at the moment.

Hell try to win one at least!
                The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

It's not that easy...
                  Pittsburgh or Cinci / Baltimore / Jax / Miami are all in the hunt at 6-4 or 5-5
                  since Cinci looks like it will win their division, it means we're in a race with Pittsburgh and Baltimore, both of them hold a tie breaker over us. 9-7 doesn't win it. 10-6 might.
                  But seriously, yeah, if we beat NYG I will believe we can win this thing. but I'm also worried about KC and Choakland, those two play their best football when they have nothing left to play for, as is the case now. No pressure, just spoilers looking to screw over a division rival. those 3 games are by means a gimme.
                  "I suck, You suck, we suck, everybody sucks... Good luck and happy thanksgiving." - winning spirit by Jake Plummer

Comment

Originally posted by HarlemHeat View Post
                    The Wild Card is pretty weak, 9 wins would get us in IMO..we look horrible at the moment, but all we need is to beat Oakland and KC..
                    i would agree with you but jaxonville beating the bills today was big.

they are now also 6-4. i dont know what their schedule is but i dont remember it being tough.

Comment

There ain't no way in hell this team is going to beat The Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by DavisMVP View Post
                        Kc, just beat Pitt and Oak just beat Cinn, and Ny just beat Alt., and we just lost 4 games straight!
                        Hence the point of this thread.... IF we take care of business, we are set. We already beat OAK in OAK.

KC will be a TOUGH game. For sure. Happy we have extra preparation for that game. NYG will be a struggle as well.

We haven't scored points all year, but the last 6 quarters were brutal (what else to expect from our backup QB).

ALL summer, I felt 3-0 was a must (beat CIN, CLE & OAK). Mission accomplished.

I felt we had to win one of those 2 consecutive home games against DAL & NE (we won both).

SURE, we lost in WAS (but we had that extra win so it evens out, and we lost that game b/c of an injury). I chalked this one as a win, and a loss against the NYG.

Moving along, I felt we had to win one of the 3 games (@SD, SD, PITT). We won one of them.

We are right on schedule. I figured we had to win one of these 4 games (@BAL, @INDY & @Phi). I also felt like we needed to sweep the 3 remaining games against KC-OAK.

If we managed to fullfill my expectations, we would go 10-6 and be in a good position.

So here we are.... we stand at 6-4. We won those 1st 3 games, beat both NE and DAL, went 1-2 against SD & Pitt, lost in BAL & WAS.

Now we have 6 left. Home against NY, @KC, @ IND, OAK, @ PHI, KC. If we take care of business against OAK & KC at home, then all we need to do is win 2 of those 4 games. Not impossible. TOUGH if we play this way, but not impossible.

Who will complain if this team wins 10 games?

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post

That puts DEN at 8-6.

SO, the season boils down to Thursday against NYG, and then the following game in KC.

Win those 2 games.... DEN will be 8-4 (and with the 2 home games against KC & OAK this means 10-6).

IF DEN finishes 10-6 (5-1 in the DIV) they might even win the AFC West; but they'll defintely claim a wild card berth.
                          we couldnt even beat the skins..in fact we got beat down...im not even sure we can outscore the chiefs or raiders and certainly not the giants

face it mcd just has to realize..he doesnt have brady...this dink and dunk from the number out isnt working...and we wont win more then 1-2 games if he cant find a way to score
                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                            we couldnt even beat the skins..in fact we got beat down...im not even sure we can outscore the chiefs or raiders and certainly not the giants

face it mcd just has to realize..he doesnt have brady...this dink and dunk from the number out isnt working...and we wont win more then 1-2 games if he cant find a way to score
                            but his system is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post

That puts DEN at 8-6.

We have a good chance of beating the Eagles. Eagles are without Westbrook. They are one-dimensional and rely only on passing attack. I like our chances if Moreno /Buckhalter eliminate the fumbles.

Comment

Working...
                              X