No announcement yet.

If the season ended today, and those "WHAT IF" scenarios for us in the playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Denver take a step backward next season?

I am starting to get a feeling they do. Common sense says the coach does better when he gets pieces that fit his system. But I don't know if that's the case.

The coach has really shown some poor judgment of late. Really poor. And he certainly doesn't treat players to the same standards.

To this point McDaniels has lived off being the only guy smart enough and brave enough to recognize Cutler was horrible/product of system & team. So he's lived off that for some time now. That really means nothing when your drafting isn't that good. His playcalling is obviously bad. But he's been successful because got his players to give their all. Do you think the players are going to keep giving the coach their all when he constantly benches certain players for no reason, keeps drafted players in despite their poor play, and routinely calls a bad game? That whole motivating players thing lasts so long when you behave the way McDaniels does. McDaniels needs to take some advice from somebody and stop the Bellicheck God-like routine. I don't care if it works for Bellicheck... it ain't working for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by MNBroncs85 View Post
      Cant believe people are thinking about playoffs after yesterday lets focus on beating philly then we will talk playoffs
      Amen Brother! I can't believe it either. Of course I want my team to make the playoffs. However, we are not Sandiego. I dont want the team going into the playoffs playing the crapy way they are. I mean, who wants to see them take a beating just for name sake. Break my heart now or later. Now dont get me wrong, I will never cheer my team to not make the playoffs. I dont care if we lose in the playoffs. To this fan, it matters how we lose if we lose. Let Sandiego have ten million Div titles, wins in Dec...ect..ect....and never taste a championship type mentality. We are suppossed to be better than that.
      sigpic

Comment

• From NFL.com...

DENVER BRONCOS
        Denver clinches a playoff spot:

1) DEN win + JAC loss or tie + MIA loss or tie + NYJ loss or tie + PIT loss or tie

JAC @ NE - should be a loss for Jac
        MIA home vs Texas - prolly a win for MIA
        NYJ @ Colts - Colts win to keep season going
        PIT home vs Ravens - Ravens win cause they are they better team

I think 3 of the 4 work for us this coming week. We'll see...
        Last edited by JrtheFreak; 12-21-2009, 02:15 PM.
        Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

• This weeks really really messy edition should be done by later tonight, be patient...this will probably take a while.
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• :orton:

Comment

• I really think it depends on whether or not McD is able to take an honest assessment of what was good and bad that he achieved this season and take steps to correct it. I believe we have a future championship team here, however we are lacking some important pieces to make this happen. IMO the good:
              love the guys passion.
              great choices in leadership positions on the defensive side (nolan, Dawk).
              the bad:
              extreme stubbornness to the point of negligence in play calling and personnel areas on the offensive side of the ball. (ie, insistence on running the same ol' plays that dont work, insistence on giving nearly every carry to Moreno and refusal to play Hillis, and the distinct difference between treatment of "his" guys and everyone else).
              mostly lousy draft choices.
              and last but not least playing not to lose rather than playing to win.

Comment

• The answer will be no. McDaniels knows his job and rep will be on the line. Its do or die time next year. I would expect him to bring in a big name running back to make sure playoffs are a lock next season

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                  We need Baltimore to lose,they have the same record as we do and hold the tie breaker over us.I hope we win and the Steelers beat the Ravens,that would increase our chances to get in the playoffs.I say go Chargers and Steelers this week.
                  Wrong.

It doesn't matter if the Ravens end up 10-6, if the Broncos do the same, they are still in the playoffs as the 6th seed.

If the Broncos finish 9-7 and the Steelers do the same, the Broncos are out.

It doesn't matter what the Titans do, if the Broncos end up 9-7, so there is no excuse for rooting for the Dolts.
                  You Mad Bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                    You know I would love a playoff appearance just like everyone else here. BUT, we do not deserve that right now with the way we are playing. Going 6-0 to start into a 8-6 record is horrible. I would have much rather been San Diego starting out 2-3 and then going 11-3. Like everyone says, it doesn't matter how you start, it matters how you finish.
                    i think thats bogus.

look at the titans they started 0-6 and now have won 7/8. sure they have a chance at making the playoffs but it sure isnt a good one and they have finished strong so far

Comment

• Originally posted by TRUEBRONCOFAN24 View Post
                      I respect your opinion but I personally feel like that would make for a pretty darn exciting Super Bowl.
                      Not me. The two quarterbacks I hate the most in the league playing each other. That would be awful for me.
                      sigpic

Comment

Cant believe people are thinking about playoffs after yesterday lets focus on beating philly then we will talk playoffs
                        Our fierce FG attack will bode well outside in elements in Philly......
                        A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

Playoffs shouldnt be on your mind hello. Did you see what happened today.
                          okay so what should be on our mind. going 0-16 like the lions.

No

I expect the broncos to go to the playoffs every year and thats what some of us are thinking.

i honestly do not care if we make it and we lose first round. anything can happen once your in and thats all i care about
                          Last edited by JT24Champ; 12-21-2009, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                            We need Baltimore to lose,they have the same record as we do and hold the tie breaker over us.I hope we win and the Steelers beat the Ravens,that would increase our chances to get in the playoffs.I say go Chargers and Steelers this week.
                            Woah. Wrong. If the Steelers beat the Ravens that is bad, seeing as though both teams are VERY likely to win in week 17. That would put them both at 9-7, and assuming we lose one of the last 2 (hopefully we don't) They both have the tie breaker over us and would both get in.....

So we need Baltimore to win, let them take the #5 seed, and that way Pitt doesn't get in, and we can move in on the number #6 seed, likely playing NE which wouldn't be "too bad".

OR we can just win out.

Either way. :go:

Comment

• I'm rooting for the Broncos of course, and against every AFC team with a 7-7 record.. I think theres like 40 of them..

Comment

• Originally posted by Orange&Blue19 View Post
                                Woah. Wrong. If the Steelers beat the Ravens that is bad, seeing as though both teams are VERY likely to win in week 17. That would put them both at 9-7, and assuming we lose one of the last 2 (hopefully we don't) They both have the tie breaker over us and would both get in.....

So we need Baltimore to win, let them take the #5 seed, and that way Pitt doesn't get in, and we can move in on the number #6 seed, likely playing NE which wouldn't be "too bad".

OR we can just win out.

Either way. :go:
                                Exactly. The Steelers need to lose because they hold the head to head tie breaker against the Broncos. The Broncos have not played any of the others so it will come down to conference records.

For the record, the first 4 tie breakers are as follows:
                                Head-to-head, if applicable
                                Conference record
                                Record against common opponents, minimum of four
                                Strength of victory
                                Strength of schedule

Here's how I see things shaking out... As of right now Balt and Denver sit at 5 and 6 respectively with Jax, Miami, the Jets, Pitt, Tennessee and Houston all at 7-7.

B'more and Denver both go 1-1 and Pitt goes 2-0. All other teams either lose one or both and fall out of contention. Based on the tie breaker, they split the head to head meetings so Balt gets the 5th seed based on thier division record of 3-3 vs Pitts 2-4.
                                Pitt would get the #6 based on thier head to head victory over Denver.

Comment

Working...
                                X