• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
    From NFL.com...

DENVER BRONCOS
    Denver clinches a playoff spot:

1) DEN win + JAC loss or tie + MIA loss or tie + NYJ loss or tie + PIT loss or tie

JAC @ NE - should be a loss for Jac
    MIA home vs Texas - prolly a win for MIA
    NYJ @ Colts - Colts win to keep season going
    PIT home vs Ravens - Ravens win cause they are they better team

I think 3 of the 4 work for us this coming week. We'll see...
    I forgot about the Denver wins part of the equation... that probably won't happen.
    Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

• If we go 1-1, lose to Philly, beat KC. Pitt loses to Balt, Jax loses to NE.. We're 9-7, are we in? Whats the tiebreaker situation. Thanks. :go:

Comment

• Well there really is no reason this team should take a step back. If I'm not mistake we take on the NFC West and that alone will give us a much easier schedule. Now if McDaniels doesn't get it done next season, in which he has a perfect opportunity to make something special happen, then I think some will start calling for a new coach (and with the way things are set up next year, understandably so).
        Originally posted by darth-hideous
        Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
        Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

• I am rooting for the Steelers to get in. They are a lot more fun to watch than our Broncos. We need to wait for 2-3 years before the Broncos will be ready for games in the playoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teamwork View Post
            I am rooting for the Steelers to get in. They are a lot more fun to watch than our Broncos. We need to wait for 2-3 years before the Broncos will be ready for games in the playoff.
            **** n gtfo

Comment

• I am a believer in momentum and the "riding high" factor going into the playoffs.

If we do not win the next two, I do not believe we should be there even though making the playoffs would be a goal that nobody thought we would reach even if we back door in.

If we lose in Philly, we will need help assuming we beat KC.

Beating both Philly and KC would give this team confidence and momentum going into post season. And it actually would let us believe we could win a post season game.
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• C'mon guys, has Denver ever controlled their destiny since Elway left

The answer to that I think is NOOOOOOOOO. They may get lucky and back into the playoffs this year and then they would definitely lose to anyone they played. There is just no heart to this team. Why would any of you want them to get into the playoffs and lose and be upset about it.
                But to answer the question, we could control our own destiny if we had a decent gameplan and motivated players. But since both are lacking I would have to say that Philly controls our destiny. If they will gladly just give up or not show up then we can win. Yeah.

Comment

• We Can Clinch This Weekend

we can clinch this weekend with a win plus losses by JAC, MIA, NYJ and PIT.

Jac Vs. NE - the patriots need to win the division.

MIA Vs. Houston - it aint going to be easy for the dolphins

NYJ Vs. Indy - Indy has to be going for 16-0

Balt Vs. Pit - this one worries me a little. hopefully balt can take care of bussiness.

these matchups favor us.

the broncos need to go into philly and **** **** up :dance:

i didnt see anything like this posted.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
                  Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Its gonna happen :go:

I believe

Comment

• Yes....I agree.

Vikings/Saints vs. Colts/Chargers may be the worst super bowl matchup of all time.

Well, maybe next to last years. Or the year before. Or Steelers vs. Seahawks. Or the year before that. Or....

You just don't know your football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Odomsfan View Post
                        The answer to that I think is NOOOOOOOOO. They may get lucky and back into the playoffs this year and then they would definitely lose to anyone they played. There is just no heart to this team. Why would any of you want them to get into the playoffs and lose and be upset about it.
                        But to answer the question, we could control our own destiny if we had a decent gameplan and motivated players. But since both are lacking I would have to say that Philly controls our destiny. If they will gladly just give up or not show up then we can win. Yeah.
                        We have controlled our destiny since Elway left. That's just nonsense.

Plummer took the heat for the loss against Pittsburgh in the title game when he had the flu and threw all those picks which was uncharacteristic of Jake. Remember?

We controlled our destiny last year but 'ol Jay blew it.

We control our destiny again this year. Results yet to be seen.

So yes.. We HAVE controlled our destiny since Elway left.

Originally posted by Seattle Sun View Post
                        Yes....I agree.

Vikings/Saints vs. Colts/Chargers may be the worst super bowl matchup of all time.

Well, maybe next to last years. Or the year before. Or Steelers vs. Seahawks. Or the year before that. Or....

You just don't know your football.
                        Screw the Bolts and Colts. I for one would like to see the Bengals go up against the Saints. Two teams that deserve the shot this year.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                          We have controlled our destiny since Elway left. That's just nonsense.

Plummer took the heat for the loss against Pittsburgh in the title game when he had the flu and threw all those picks which was uncharacteristic of Jake. Remember?

We controlled our destiny last year but 'ol Jay blew it.

We control our destiny again this year. Results yet to be seen.

So yes.. We HAVE controlled our destiny since Elway left.

Screw the Bolts and Colts. I for one would like to see the Bengals go up against the Saints. Two teams that deserve the shot this year.
                          I like the Bungles too. My second favorite team in the NFL.

However, I have no idea how this team "deserves" a shot over the Bolts or the Colts. They are certainly a fresh face. Nonetheless, they are not nearly as exciting a team to watch as either a Manning-led team or the Giant WR core of the Bolts. How could anyone not have at least a little fun, regardless of team affiliation, watching a 5'6'' speed devil run next to 2 6'5'' WRs and a funny-looking, fiery (and some say obnoxious - I disagree) quarterback.

The Bungles? Take Ocho out and it may be the most boring team in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                            I am a believer in momentum and the "riding high" factor going into the playoffs.

If we do not win the next two, I do not believe we should be there even though making the playoffs would be a goal that nobody thought we would reach even if we back door in.

If we lose in Philly, we will need help assuming we beat KC.

Beating both Philly and KC would give this team confidence and momentum going into post season. And it actually would let us believe we could win a post season game.
                            Well, Arizona last year would certainly disagree.

While it is ideal to be "riding high" into the playoffs, it is not always essential.

Since I am so "Bolt-centric" I will give you a related example. How about the year in 2006 where we won our last 11 or so games, and were promptly booted in the first round by the Pats.

If the Broncos even back into the playoffs at 8-8 somehow, they still have a chance to beat the Bungles or Pats, both of whom are eminently beatable right now. Then, who knows...

The playoffs are a different beast. Once a team is in, the regular season means squat. Players get new life. They get rejuvenated. Anything can happen.

Comment

• Lets **** **** up in philly! :go:
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Seattle Sun View Post
                                Well, Arizona last year would certainly disagree.

While it is ideal to be "riding high" into the playoffs, it is not always essential.

Since I am so "Bolt-centric" I will give you a related example. How about the year in 2006 where we won our last 11 or so games, and were promptly booted in the first round by the Pats.

If the Broncos even back into the playoffs at 8-8 somehow, they still have a chance to beat the Bungles or Pats, both of whom are eminently beatable right now. Then, who knows...

The playoffs are a different beast. Once a team is in, the regular season means squat. Players get new life. They get rejuvenated. Anything can happen.
                                Az had one of the better QB/WR tandems last year. Much better than who we have under center. But with that said, playoff football is all about bringing it all together. Denver has not done that in the month of December in a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X