No announcement yet.

If the season ended today, and those "WHAT IF" scenarios for us in the playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya and we just lost to the Raiders at home.. Beating KC is only going to set us up for embarracment in the playoffs.. Obviously I want to make the playoffs but we honestly don't deserve them..

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
      Ya and we just lost to the Raiders at home.. Beating KC is only going to set us up for embarracment in the playoffs.. Obviously I want to make the playoffs but we honestly don't deserve them..
      at this point you take what you can get.

i would love to see denver in the playoffs.

its been a while.
      Now go get your shine box

Comment

I don't really wanna think about the playoffs..we don't deserve it after that embarrassment..with that being said, even if we lose next week and beat KC, there's a very good chance we back into the playoffs..now even if I believe we don't deserve it, I'm not gonna say no to that LOL..

Comment

Hell we got half the AFC behind us. We need a miracle now. Another late season collapse here we come.
          sigpic
          2020 Adopt-A-Bronco -- Philip Lindsay -- The Tasmanian Devil
          Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Matt DiBenedetto & Tony Stewart!
          US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

Comment

I completely disagree with those that are saying "who cares"..making the playoffs is making the playoffs, even if we back in..this team doesn't deserve it IMO, but why would it matter if we're going to get blown out?..I just want the Broncos to make it..

even if we lose to Philly next week, which we probably will considering how poorly we're playing..beating KC would give us a realistic shot to make it, with only Pittsburgh having the best shot to beat us out if they beat Miami in week 17..

Comment

We need to beat KC and i think we need the jags to lose to the patriots or the browns. If the jags do win out, then we need pitt to lose once and the ravens to lose twice. Otherwise our 9-7 record won't be better than pitt's or baltimore's.

So our chances are still good cause jax prolly is gonna lose at new england...but we'll see. A win today would have all but clinched it for us.

Comment

calm down!?? what!! we LOST TO THE RAIDERS a disgruntled team that shouldnt even be in the nfl no more

Comment

Originally posted by brncsfreak11 View Post
                  We need to beat KC and i think we need the jags to lose to the patriots or the browns. If the jags do win out, then we need pitt to lose once and the ravens to lose twice. Otherwise our 9-7 record won't be better than pitt's or baltimore's.

So our chances are still good cause jax prolly is gonna lose at new england...but we'll see. A win today would have all but clinched it for us.
                  I think Pittsburgh has the tie-breaker over us. So if we wind up with the exact same record, I think they get in over us at this point.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CareTaker30 View Post
                    Correct me if im wrogn but if ten jax or houston wins out we still make playoffs at 9-7 so we just need one win

edit: wait mabye not idk someone find out
                    ``
                    Just bating KC is no guarantee at this point. This team will be blown out in the first round by most likely either the bengals or patriots.

Comment

So all we have to do is beat KC regardless if we lose to Philly and we're in the Playoffs? To all the folks saying screw the playoffs, way to support your team guys. All teams have ups and downs, we weren't even supposed to even be able to dream of going 500. Denver isn't finished yet, the season is not done people!
                      sigpic

Comment

We can make it (deservingly or not, I don't care, just get there) if we lose next week and beat KC, but we'll need help. Luckily we'll need help from teams like NE (to beat Jax and Houston), Cinci (to beat the Jets), Baltimore (to beat Pittsburgh next week), Indy (to beat the Jets) and the G.D Dolts (to beat Tennese). Those are all good teams, so that isn't improbable.
                        What we do if and when we get in is something else. I'll be happpy to get in. remember that when the season started no one gave us more then 4 wins for the year..
                        "I suck, You suck, we suck, everybody sucks... Good luck and happy thanksgiving." - winning spirit by Jake Plummer

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          I think Pittsburgh has the tie-breaker over us. So if we wind up with the exact same record, I think they get in over us at this point.
                          Yeah you're right...so we need jax to lose to new england or cleveland...and we need pitt to lose to baltimore or miami....but then we also need the jets to finish worse in the division than miami...so it's alot of things that need to happen. It's very possible but it'd be much better if we could beat philly next week. The season is on the line.

Comment

so does anyone have the official what ifs? for the standings.

and to who ever doesnt care about us going to the playoffs. anything can happen once your in. does it look like we would lose, yes. but you never know until it happens.

Comment

Backing into the playoffs would not imply having a one-and-done fate

Even if we end up backing into the playoffs this season, seeing our Broncos pull off one upset after another in the playoffs is still a good possibility. Let's take a look at the 2008 Cardinals for a moment, shall we? That team lost 4 of their last 6 games in the 2008 regular season, including 2 blowout losses during the final 3 weeks in that particular regular season. As a result, a lot of people expected them to go one-and-done in the 2008 playoffs. Guess what? They actually went on to win the NFC championship.

So if our 2009 Broncos could go 6-0 during the first part of the 2009 season, then I'm sure our team can find a way to pull off a few surprises in the playoffs (assuming, of course, that we don't choke away a wildcard playoff berth during the next few weeks).

Yes, today's loss to the Raiders was embarrassing and discouraging. But let's not give up just yet, okay?

Comment

I don't really believe that a team 'backs into' the playoffs.

You're either good enough to qualify, or you're not.

Having said that, right now the Broncos don't even qualify. So really it's a moot discussion.

I'm more concerned about what's happened 6 out of the last 8 games, than I am looking forward.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X