No announcement yet.

If the season ended today, and those "WHAT IF" scenarios for us in the playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's sad because with all the help we got this week, a W vs. Oakland would have pretty much guaranteed the playoffs..

using Yahoo's playoff generator, here are some possible scenarios..assuming we lose to the Eagles in week 16, which is likely, and assuming we beat the Chiefs, which could go either way..let's just assume we beat them, because I'm hoping they actually play with some balls..

the teams that would be most likely to knock us off would be Pittsburgh, because they have the tie-breaker..Jacksonville also has a realistic chance..

for the Jets to knock the Broncos off, they would have to beat BOTH the Colts and Bengals in the next 2 weeks..obviously anything is possible, but this is an unrealistic outcome IMO..

for Pittsburgh to knock the Broncos off, they would have to beat both Baltimore and Miami in the next 2 weeks..this is a very realistic outcome, especially if Polamalu returns..their W today really hurt us..

Jacksonville could knock the Broncos off if they beat New England and Cleveland in the next 2 weeks..it's possible..

Miami can make the playoffs in a number of ways, but I haven't seen a realistic scenario where they can make it by knocking the Broncos off..at least I can't see it through the Yahoo generator..every time I've seen them in the playoffs using this generator, it's been with the Broncos as the 5th seed..

it looks like Baltimore and Miami will be battling for the playoffs against each other..it looks like we'll be battling with Pittsburgh..
    Last edited by HarlemHeat; 12-20-2009, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Age Of Orton View Post
      We can make it (deservingly or not, I don't care, just get there) if we lose next week and beat KC, but we'll need help. Luckily we'll need help from teams like NE (to beat Jax and Houston), Cinci (to beat the Jets), Baltimore (to beat Pittsburgh next week), Indy (to beat the Jets) and the G.D Dolts (to beat Tennese). Those are all good teams, so that isn't improbable.
      What we do if and when we get in is something else. I'll be happpy to get in. remember that when the season started no one gave us more then 4 wins for the year..
      patriots will beat jags and texans.i hate to say it squeelers will beat the ravens and get the last WC.they are the luckiest team in the world.this has been a crappy week.saints and broncos lost and steelers won.***?seriously ***?if broncos and ravens get knocked out i'll either(gag)root for the clots or saints or cardinals

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        I don't really believe that a team 'backs into' the playoffs.

You're either good enough to qualify, or you're not.

Having said that, right now the Broncos don't even qualify. So really it's a moot discussion.

I'm more concerned about what's happened 6 out of the last 8 games, than I am looking forward.
        the broncos currently own the 6th seed..

so we qualify.

for now..
        Now go get your shine box

Comment

winning out is our best shot at playoffs....

BUT

not when we playcall like today. That was the worst i've seen.... I was watching it why my raider fan dad and we were predicting every play we would do... it was that bad.

run run run run short pass run run run run short pass short pass run run run short pass run short pass run run run run short pass

Orton's first sack was hilarious....

We did not test asomugha at all, even with all our weapons.

IF: Stokely was faster, td up by ten...
          IF: McD had balls he woulda gone for the 4th down. up by ten.
          IF: McD was smart we woulda scored on first down, up by ten.
          IF: We caused a fumble on those tipped passes and took advantage of almost int's, we win...
          IF: We tackle the guy on 4th and 10, we win.
          IF: We held JAMARCUS RUSSELL out of a game winning drive, we win.

WTH

Comment

Your Right

Thanks for the thoughts regarding backing into the playoffs. Unfortunately I live in San Diego and have a son who is a die hard Charger fan!! There is no living with him now..... For the last 25 years I have been loyal to the Broncos and now with your words of encouragement I will with everyone else forge ahead to the next game..... Go Broncos:go:

Comment

Originally posted by SuperCaliBronco View Post
              Even if we end up backing into the playoffs this season, seeing our Broncos pull off one upset after another in the playoffs is still a good possibility. Let's take a look at the 2008 Cardinals for a moment, shall we? That team lost 4 of their last 6 games in the 2008 regular season, including 2 blowout losses during the final 3 weeks in that particular regular season. As a result, a lot of people expected them to go one-and-done in the 2008 playoffs. Guess what? They actually went on to win the NFC championship.

So if our 2009 Broncos could go 6-0 during the first part of the 2009 season, then I'm sure our team can find a way to pull off a few surprises in the playoffs (assuming, of course, that we don't choke away a wildcard playoff berth during the next few weeks).

Yes, today's loss to the Raiders was embarrassing and discouraging. But let's not give up just yet, okay?
              diffrence is that the cardinals had that division wraped up.

they could afford to loose those games.

denver has to win now.

Comment

I wouldn't care..we were projected to be one of the worst teams in the NFL, I just wanna make the playoffs..it's been too long..

I'm worried about beating KC though..it doesn't look like this team has a sense of urgency..

Comment

What if....

What if we ever tried to stretch the field
                  What if we put Hillis in.
                  What if we stopped calling conservative plays and grew a pair?

I don't give a damn how many games the experts thought we would win.

Fact is we went 6-0
                  and have went 2-6 since.... that is an Epic fail in all areas.
                  Playoffs or not this team had a chance to do something and like the past seasons under a different coach they wasted it away.

Different coach - same issues - less offense.
                  The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

If we split the next 2 games, we "back" into the playoffs w/ a 3-7 record in our final 10 games.

Who really cares?

9-7 and a playoff appearance, coupled with a high draft pick via CHI.... is all we could have dreamed for before the season began.

Sure, if we show up in NE we have a chance to win. Most likely, Brady and Co. will score TD after TD.... every time they get into the red zone.... Meanwhile, we'll settle for FG after FG.

The good news about 9-7! Better to finish 9-7 and be a wild card team than being 10-6, right? Might help in draft positioning.

I mean, going to hard to win in CIN or NE.... so does it matter which team we faced? EVEN if we were 10-6 or 11-6.... Looks like SD was going to win DIV anyway.

ALSO.... at least we get the #2 schedule next year.

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                      the broncos currently own the 6th seed..

so we qualify.

for now..
                      I'm fairly certain with the Steelers victory today they moved into the 6th spot, since they have the tie-breaker over us.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HarlemHeat View Post
                        I wouldn't care..we were projected to be one of the worst teams in the NFL, I just wanna make the playoffs..it's been too long..

I'm worried about beating KC though..it doesn't look like this team has a sense of urgency..
                        i think after this game the team is going to go into these last games with all they got.

but thats just what i feel.

a win at philly would be awsome.

Comment

Originally posted by JT24Champ View Post
                          so does anyone have the official what ifs? for the standings.

and to who ever doesnt care about us going to the playoffs. anything can happen once your in. does it look like we would lose, yes. but you never know until it happens.
                          I'm sure someone will post it up or update the thread that's stickied about playoff scenarios...

But I was also planning to show the playoff standings and possibilities after the Monday Night Game.
                          Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                            I don't really believe that a team 'backs into' the playoffs.

You're either good enough to qualify, or you're not.

Having said that, right now the Broncos don't even qualify. So really it's a moot discussion.

I'm more concerned about what's happened 6 out of the last 8 games, than I am looking forward.
                            so then according to you, the cardinals also didnt even qualify for the playoffs. they HAD two freakin blowouts in the last 2/3 games. They looked like a team that had NO chance, and look they made it to the superbowl. so you know what

think again

Comment

We're all upset about this, it was obviously a disgusting loss..fortunately, other teams are sucking too, and this is a weak race for the AFC WC this season, so we'll get a good chance to make it, even if we don't deserve it..

Our hopes are basically coming down to beating KC + Pittsburgh losing one of their last 2 games + Jacksonville losing one of their last 2 games..

Comment

The playoffs isn't what I'm worried about, or even why I'm so disappointed. I'm disappointed with the way our team has lost its passion. A couple players today looked like they had no desire to win, and that has me down. I respect a team with pride, but there's no pride right now. I just can't find a compliment to give them. Carter played well, but really? That might be the best thing I can say about tonight.
                                Brock you like a hurricane!
                                sigpic
                                Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Working...
                                X