If the season ended today, and those "WHAT IF" scenarios for us in the playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I'm fairly certain with the Steelers victory today they moved into the 6th spot, since they have the tie-breaker over us.
    PIT is 7-7. It's BAL who skipped over us today. They are 8-6. However, PIT-BAL play in PIT next week.

Anyway, I think if it's a 3-way tie with DEN PIT-BAL.... PIT-BAL will cancel each other out (only 1 team advances)?

Pit wins next week. We lose. All 3 of us will be 8-7

Comment

I'm fairly certain with the Steelers victory today they moved into the 6th spot, since they have the tie-breaker over us.
      uh, the steelers are one game behind us.......

its balt and us in the wild card

we determine our fate, and thats how i want it to be

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
        PIT is 7-7. It's BAL who skipped over us today. They are 8-6. However, PIT-BAL play in PIT next week.

Anyway, I think if it's a 3-way tie with DEN PIT-BAL.... PIT-BAL will cancel each other out (only 1 team advances)?

Pit wins next week. We lose. All 3 of us will be 8-7
        i remember in another thread that they actually both go in because of head to head vs us and we are the odd man out.

but i could be wrong, dont quote me

Comment

Originally posted by JT24Champ View Post
          so then according to you, the cardinals also didnt even qualify for the playoffs. they HAD two freakin blowouts in the last 2/3 games. They looked like a team that had NO chance, and look they made it to the superbowl. so you know what

think again
          Did you even read what I posted?

I said ANY team that makes the playoffs deserves to be there. There's no 'backing in' from my perspective.

The Cardinals won their division, therefore they deserved to be in the playoffs, even if they got blown out a couple of times at the end of the season.

What is so hard to understand about what I said?
          sigpic

Comment

Playoffs

Originally posted by CareTaker30 View Post
            Correct me if im wrogn but if ten jax or houston wins out we still make playoffs at 9-7 so we just need one win

edit: wait mabye not idk someone find out
            We should be in full stride right now. Last week was a galant effort against the Colts, but todays effort was half a$$ed, pure and simple. Half a$$ed teams don't go very far. I'll always want the Bronco's to take a shot at the playoffs if they can get their foot in the door, but right now the expectations aren't very high.

Comment

I don't really believe that a team 'backs into' the playoffs.

You're either good enough to qualify, or you're not.

Having said that, right now the Broncos don't even qualify. So really it's a moot discussion.

I'm more concerned about what's happened 6 out of the last 8 games, than I am looking forward.
              uh, right there you say we dont even qualify. last time i checked we qualify. its called the 6th seed bud.

Comment

well on SNF they showed the playoff picture and we where 6th seed.
                Now go get your shine box

Comment

Originally posted by JT24Champ View Post
                  so then according to you, the cardinals also didnt even qualify for the playoffs. they HAD two freakin blowouts in the last 2/3 games. They looked like a team that had NO chance, and look they made it to the superbowl. so you know what

think again
                  The Cards qualified because they won their Division. Broncos haven't even got a playoff spot locked up yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                    well on SNF they showed the playoff picture and we where 6th seed.
                    Yeah you're right. I thought the Steelers had the same record we had.

So we still control our own fate.
                    sigpic

Comment

That loud crash you just heard was our beloved Donkeys' season coming to an end. They are finished. New NFL rule - you lose to JaMarcus Russell and you are eliminated! Back in to the playoffs??? Ha! This team is so bad, they were just owned by the Raiders. Stop and digest that for a minute. The worst quarterback in the league drove one of the worst teams in the league against the Broncos, at home, with the playoffs on the line - and finished them off. This team has a looooooonnnnnnnngggggggg way to go to even be allowed to say the word playoffs. They really suck.

Comment

Win out and we're in. is it REALLY too much to ask after this debacle today?

For the third time this year, we face a statement game with an NFC west opponent. This time though, we're on the road
                        Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                          If we split the next 2 games, we "back" into the playoffs w/ a 3-7 record in our final 10 games.

Who really cares?

9-7 and a playoff appearance, coupled with a high draft pick via CHI.... is all we could have dreamed for before the season began.

Sure, if we show up in NE we have a chance to win. Most likely, Brady and Co. will score TD after TD.... every time they get into the red zone.... Meanwhile, we'll settle for FG after FG.

The good news about 9-7! Better to finish 9-7 and be a wild card team than being 10-6, right? Might help in draft positioning.

I mean, going to hard to win in CIN or NE.... so does it matter which team we faced? EVEN if we were 10-6 or 11-6.... Looks like SD was going to win DIV anyway.

ALSO.... at least we get the #2 schedule next year.
                          Huh? How can that help in draft positioning? In the 2nd round? I don't follow.....other than it will help Seattle in round one.

Comment

updated..

-if the Broncos win vs. both Philly and KC, we're in the playoffs no matter what..

-if Pittsburgh wins both their games and we lose 1, we're out..

-if Jacksonville wins both their games and we lose 1, we're out, unless Pittsburgh beats Baltimore and then loses to Miami..

-if the Broncos beat Philly, but lose to KC..and Miami wins both of their games, we're out..

-if the Broncos beat KC, but lose to Philly..and Miami wins both of their games, we're still in..

-if the Broncos lose a game and the Jets win both(Indy + Cinci), we're out..

those are the realistic scenarios, although I might be forgetting some..
                            Last edited by HarlemHeat; 12-20-2009, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Yeah you're right. I thought the Steelers had the same record we had.

So we still control our own fate.

this is what has to happen.

hope that pit beats baltimore and pit looses to miami

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...41&16=01540405
                              Now go get your shine box

Comment

Originally posted by Empty1 View Post
                                That loud crash you just heard was our beloved Donkeys' season coming to an end. They are finished. New NFL rule - you lose to JaMarcus Russell and you are eliminated! Back in to the playoffs??? Ha! This team is so bad, they were just owned by the Raiders. Stop and digest that for a minute. The worst quarterback in the league drove one of the worst teams in the league against the Broncos, at home, with the playoffs on the line - and finished them off. This team has a looooooonnnnnnnngggggggg way to go to even be allowed to say the word playoffs. They really suck.
                                The hook routes made it possible for Russell to connect. It was a brilliant strategy to overcome a grenade hole in their offence. They beat us because they deserved to beat us. Mistakes on both ends of the ball on our part sealed it for them.
                                The Broncos dont suck, they made mistakes.
                                sigpic
                                And on the eighth day God said, "Go Broncos"
                                and the Broncos did go, and the villagers rejoiced.

Impending 92...
                                aka - Mr (circa 2003)
                                aka - MrDavis (circa 2002)
                                aka - ThankYouMrDavis (circa 2001)
                                S'been a long time, Good to be back.

Comment

Working...
                                X