Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the season ended today, and those "WHAT IF" scenarios for us in the playoffs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by milehighireland View Post
    Win out and we're in. is it REALLY too much to ask after this debacle today?

    For the third time this year, we face a statement game with an NFC west opponent. This time though, we're on the road
    Apparently it is. We would have been in the driver's seat for a Wild Card with a win today. All of us looked at this game 3-4 weeks ago and figured it was a win.

    BTW, I hate these "calm down" threads. We started 6-0 and there's a very good chance that we will choke away a playoff spot. Oh, and we let JaMarcus Russell go down the field on us for the winning TD. All of what I just mentioned sucks.

    So if people want to let off a little frustration after an embarrassing loss like this, I see no problem with it. WE LET JAMARCUS RUSSELL BEAT US! AGAIN! People have a right to be angry because this is looking like the same BS from last year.
    sigpic

    "Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

    Comment


    • #92
      if Pittsburgh wins both of their next games and we lose 1, we're out..

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by HarlemHeat View Post
        updated..

        -if the Broncos win vs. both Philly and KC, we're in the playoffs no matter what..

        -if Pittsburgh wins both their games and we lose 1, we're out..

        -if Jacksonville wins both their games and we lose 1, we're out..

        -if the Broncos beat Philly, but lose to KC..and Miami wins both of their games, we're out..

        -if the Broncos beat KC, but lose to Philly..and Miami wins both of their games, we're still in..

        -if the Broncos lose a game and the Jets win both(Indy + Cinci), we're out..

        those are the realistic scenarios, although I might be forgetting some..
        ASSUME Jets, Jags, Dolphins all split their final 2 games;

        Say Pit-Bal-Den all finish 9-7.

        What then?

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Ohio Broncos View Post
          Apparently it is. We would have been in the driver's seat for a Wild Card with a win today. All of us looked at this game 3-4 weeks ago and figured it was a win.

          BTW, I hate these "calm down" threads. We started 6-0 and there's a very good chance that we will choke away a playoff spot. Oh, and we let JaMarcus Russell go down the field on us for the winning TD. All of what I just mentioned sucks.

          So if people want to let off a little frustration after an embarrassing loss like this, I see no problem with it. WE LET JAMARCUS RUSSELL BEAT US! AGAIN! People have a right to be angry because this is looking like the same BS from last year.
          aye, im not part of this "everybody calm down" nonsense either, what im saying is that as bronco fans, we deserve better than this, winning out should not be out of the question.
          Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Huh? How can that help in draft positioning? In the 2nd round? I don't follow.....other than it will help Seattle in round one.
            We have CHI's pick. But, for the other rounds.... would be nice to have a pick a selection higher or so.

            Comment


            • #96
              Playoffs shouldnt be on your mind hello. Did you see what happened today.
              sigpic

              Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

              Comment


              • #97
                if we finish with the same record as both Pittsburgh and Baltimore, we're out..

                it's going to be very interesting, since Pittsburgh and Baltimore play each other this week..since Baltimore is playing Oakland in week 17, we're better off with a Ravens W next week IMO..

                if Pittsburgh wins and then loses to Miami while we go 1-1, we're in..
                Last edited by HarlemHeat; 12-20-2009, 06:10 PM.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                  i like your enthusiasm it realy gives me hope.

                  if im not mistaken the op is correct if im not mistaken all we need to do is beat the chiefs and we can go in as the 6th but im not sure just going to have to wait and hope.
                  The team has to win out to even have a chance for the playoffs. if it comes down to a 9-7 record, denver is out of it due to tie breakers. (conference record)

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by HarlemHeat View Post
                    if we finish with the same record as both Pittsburgh and Baltimore, we're out..

                    it's going to be very interesting, since Pittsburgh and Baltimore play each other this week..since Baltimore is playing Oakland in week 17, we're better off with a Ravens W next week IMO..
                    Are you sure? According to NFL.com... Rules say that if there's a 3-way tie for a WC spot.... And 2 of the teams are from the same div.... you use tiebreakers to eliminate one team. Only 1 team from DIV emerges.

                    Comment


                    • Yeah, looked through some of these briefly...it does NOT look pretty if we can't win out.
                      Administrator

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                        Are you sure? According to NFL.com... Rules say that if there's a 3-way tie for a WC spot.... And 2 of the teams are from the same div.... you use tiebreakers to eliminate one team. Only 1 team from DIV emerges.
                        I don't know, I'm just using Yahoo's generator..it could be wrong..

                        it says that if all 3 teams are 9-7, we're out..we did lose to both, so it would make sense, but so does your division tiebreaker, so I'm just going by that..
                        Last edited by HarlemHeat; 12-20-2009, 06:13 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by soco9903 View Post
                          The team has to win out to even have a chance for the playoffs. if it comes down to a 9-7 record, denver is out of it due to tie breakers. (conference record)
                          check this out.

                          http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...thm=WinningPct
                          Now go get your shine box

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by HarlemHeat View Post
                            I don't know, I'm just using Yahoo's generator..it could be wrong..

                            it says that if all 3 teams are 9-7, we're out..we did lose to both, so it would make sense, but so does your division tiebreaker, so I'm just going by that..

                            TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

                            If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

                            If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
                            If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

                            Three or More Clubs


                            (Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

                            Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

                            Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

                            Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

                            Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

                            Strength of victory.

                            Strength of schedule.

                            Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

                            Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

                            Best net points in conference games.

                            Best net points in all games.

                            Best net touchdowns in all games.

                            Coin toss

                            When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

                            http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

                            Comment


                            • If we win out, we're in. If other teams like miami pit jacksonville win out, and we lose one, we're out.

                              Sad sad day....

                              Comment


                              • we royally messed up today but, 2 weeks to go still control our fate...

                                we will most likely own the tiebreaker over the jets, dolphins, texans, and titans; we most likely will not own the tiebreaker to the ravens, steelers, jags. interesting with the steelers though they have a poor conference record so if we would end up tied with them and one of the first teams, we would actually get in ahead of them, so we need to root for those teams to get to 9-7 since we will get in on a tie anyway. big games are balt/pitt and ne/jack. pitt and jack losing would mean a win over kc and we get in.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X