If the season ended today, and those "WHAT IF" scenarios for us in the playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HarlemHeat View Post
    if Pittsburgh wins both of their next games and we lose 1, we're out..
    unless balt loses both

Comment

• You know I would love a playoff appearance just like everyone else here. BUT, we do not deserve that right now with the way we are playing. Going 6-0 to start into a 8-6 record is horrible. I would have much rather been San Diego starting out 2-3 and then going 11-3. Like everyone says, it doesn't matter how you start, it matters how you finish.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
      Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
      Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
      Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
      I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

• Hope you make the POs, cuz I don't want this year to end with a 1-1. Your loss today surprised the hell outta me. Thought for sure you had the two divisionals wrapped up.
        Chargers sure had me worried...
        Can't wait for the next what if scenario.

Good luck next week...

edit: I forgot, I found a wallpaper you might like...
        http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs10/i/20...y_nicknash.jpg
        Merry X-mas
        Last edited by HighBoltageMd; 12-20-2009, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• So do we have to win both games basically?
          sigpic

Comment

• No, we really don't..we HAVE to beat Kansas City no matter what though, the AFC record gives us some tiebreakers, and we obviously need to get to 9 wins..

the Ravens/Steelers and Jaguars/Patriots games are going to be huge for our playoff hopes..IIRC, a Ravens W and a Pats W would mean we have to beat KC in week 17 and we're in..I could be wrong, but that's what I remember..anybody confirm?..

Comment

• Miami winning out doesn't affect us in a negative way IIRC..we actually want them to win out, because that would mean Pittsburgh lost a game, which is very important to us..also, if Miami wins out and Pittsburgh beats Baltimore, then we would get the 5th seed if we beat KC IIRC..

barring a huge choke job/miracle..Jacksonville losing a game + Pittsburgh losing a game + Denver beating KC would put us in the playoffs IIRC..

Comment

• Originally posted by HarlemHeat View Post
                No, we really don't..we HAVE to beat Kansas City no matter what though, the AFC record gives us some tiebreakers, and we obviously need to get to 9 wins..

the Ravens/Steelers and Jaguars/Patriots games are going to be huge for our playoff hopes..IIRC, a Ravens W and a Pats W would mean we have to beat KC in week 17 and we're in..I could be wrong, but that's what I remember..anybody confirm?..
                I think we're only screwed if Bal-Pit both finish 9-7.

DEN aint winning the next 2 games. Since we're 2-6 in our last 8 games, and we have to play in PHI and against KC.... I think 9-7 is a fair projection.

SO...

PIT (BAL, @MIA). I think they split and finish 8-8.
                BAL (@PIT, @OAK). I think they win out and finish 10-6.
                MIA (HOU, PIT). They could win out, but I guess they split and finish 9-7.
                JAX (@NE, @CLE). We NEED them to lose in NE, & they will. 8-8.
                NYJ (@INDY, CINCY). We need not worry about these cats.
                HOU (@MIA, NE). We need not worry about these cats either.

SO.... we hold tie breaker against MIA, as long as we beat KC. NE, at home, should take care of JAX (GULP). We just need SOMEONE, ANYBODY to beat Pitt (they should/will lose to BAL or MIA).

SO, as long as we don't CHOKE at home against KC (which we could easily do), then look for DEN to be playing in NE in the first round.

Comment

• Do we control our destiny

Do we control our destiny if the Eagles game goes like the Raider game? Who should we be rooting to lose the next 2 weeks, besides the Eagles next week?

Please GOD do not make us watch a Vikings v's Chargers Super BORE!

:go:

Comment

• The fact that we are doing a thread about getting into the playoffs by only beating KC is sad!

If we can not go in and kick Phillys butt, we do not deserve to go (this loss = the Buffalo loss to me)

Maybe mcdaniels will be more dynamic with his play calling. He needs to be told he needs to get an offensive coordinator, he is not doing a good job.

I will still root for them but this crushed me. Beat Philly and she me something or just dont bother.

Comment

• I should not post this late, i meant to say beat philly and show me something or lets just call it a year , woohoo 9-7 if we beat KC .

I can hear Rivers trash talking already http://forums.denverbroncos.com/imag..._letsfight.gif

Comment

• Use this yahoo playoff generator it will explain everything and give every scenario possible very good tool. Someone posted this in another thread.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...41&16=45111505
                        sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Comment

• Yes, we do.. If we win our next two, we're in.. Root for SD, yes, as much as we hate them, have to root for them.. (Gulp).. Baltimore.. A lot of the WC teams play each other. Jax plays NE. Miami plays Pitt/Houston.. Baltimore/Pitt game will determine a lot. Should be an interesting finish.

Comment

• We need this

yeah its true a loss to philly doesn't put us out. and getting to the playoffs is probably the best thing that could happen for Denver. Regular season doesn't matter it is a whole new ball game in the playoffs and the record doesn't matter. New England went 16-0 and lost the Superbowl to a wildcard team. If Denver goes into the playoffs with the same fire they had at the beginning of the season they just might take it this year. It is a long shot but any given sunday any team can win.

Comment

• So, correct me if I'm wrong, can two teams from the same division make the playoffs as wild cards?? Pittsburgh and Baltimore??

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                                I think we're only screwed if Bal-Pit both finish 9-7.

DEN aint winning the next 2 games. Since we're 2-6 in our last 8 games, and we have to play in PHI and against KC.... I think 9-7 is a fair projection.

SO...

PIT (BAL, @MIA). I think they split and finish 8-8.
                                BAL (@PIT, @OAK). I think they win out and finish 10-6.
                                MIA (HOU, PIT). They could win out, but I guess they split and finish 9-7.
                                JAX (@NE, @CLE). We NEED them to lose in NE, & they will. 8-8.
                                NYJ (@INDY, CINCY). We need not worry about these cats.
                                HOU (@MIA, NE). We need not worry about these cats either.

SO.... we hold tie breaker against MIA, as long as we beat KC. NE, at home, should take care of JAX (GULP). We just need SOMEONE, ANYBODY to beat Pitt (they should/will lose to BAL or MIA).

SO, as long as we don't CHOKE at home against KC (which we could easily do), then look for DEN to be playing in NE in the first round.
                                I agree, I'm just worried about beating KC..I think everything else will fall into place for us, I'm just worried about winning that game..hopefully we'll see a different Broncos team than the past few years..

Comment

Working...
                                X