If the season ended today, and those "WHAT IF" scenarios for us in the playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team

This team needs to finish strong and get into the playoffs. I don't care if they are one and done. They need to break the habit of choking late in the year and make the playoffs to move forward in the future.

Comment

• If Jets, Jags and Dolphins win out and Broncos lose to Philly and Steelers lose 1.

Then Broncos and Jags are in the playoffs.

At 9-7 with Den being #6.

If Pit, Jags, Jets win out, Balt loses 1 and Den loses to Philly.

Then Jags and Jets are in the playoffs

If Broncos beat Philly but loses to KC, they will literally be screwed. They would lose tie breakers to basically every 7-7 team right now.

If Den, Balt, Jags, Jets, Tenn are 9-7, Den will make the playoffs if Miami beats the Steelers. If not it's Jags and Jets.

Errr.. I give up. Just use the playoff scenario generator. It'll tell ya everything.

If all AFC wild card teams win out that have the upper hand it will be Den and Balt.

Comment

• If Baltimore doesn't win next week and we also lose, we can officially kiss the post season goodbye. That's it.
        a 2 way 9-7 tie means we're out on the first tie breaker since we lost to both Pitt and Baltimore.
        But if Pittsburgh loses, we'll need them to beat Miami (unless somehow Houston does it) because if I got it right - Miami beats us in the common opponents tie breaker - Indy - L/L, N.E - L/split, S.D - split/L, Pitt - L/? if that ? is a W, we're screwed.
        I think that's mostly it, asuming we finish 9-7. A 4-2 Div. record should be enough to put us ahead of all the current 7-7 teams other then the 2 I mentioned (Pittsburgh and Miami).
        So basically, unless Baltimore and Houston help us out next week - the week 17 game between the Steelers and Phins is essentially a playoff game for the # 6 spot, since whichever team wins would have a tie breaker over us.

- the one thing I'm not sure about - if it's a 3 way tie between us, Miami and Bal. - the first tie breaker is head to head: Den 0-1, Bal. 1-0, Mia 0-0 does that mean we're eliminated in the first step? cause that's how I understood it.
        "I suck, You suck, we suck, everybody sucks... Good luck and happy thanksgiving." - winning spirit by Jake Plummer

Comment

• Our playoffs start NEXT WEEK.
          IT'S OK - The F just means Freakin' !!

Comment

• Originally posted by nierika View Post
            Our playoffs start NEXT WEEK.
            QFT. We need a win against a team who lost to Wash at this stage last year and who were, like us, beaten by oakland this year.

far from easy, but this upcoming game will separate the men from the boys, it will show us how much we really want this.

personally, i'm hoping we respond to our defeat to oakland in the same way we did last year
            Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

Comment

• REMEMBER: The head to head tiebreaker only applies if 1 team lost to the others, or if 1 team beat all of the others.

If its Pitt, Mia, and Denver, that tiebreaker wouldn't apply. Therefore, the worst case scenario for us is a 3 way tie between Denver, Baltimore, and Pitt. If we add a 4th team like Houston or Tennessee, the tiebreaker doesn't apply, and we go to conference record, which would favor Denver and Baltimore in that scenario.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                I think we're only screwed if Bal-Pit both finish 9-7.

DEN aint winning the next 2 games. Since we're 2-6 in our last 8 games, and we have to play in PHI and against KC.... I think 9-7 is a fair projection.

SO...

PIT (BAL, @MIA). I think they split and finish 8-8.
                BAL (@PIT, @OAK). I think they win out and finish 10-6.
                MIA (HOU, PIT). They could win out, but I guess they split and finish 9-7.
                JAX (@NE, @CLE). We NEED them to lose in NE, & they will. 8-8.
                NYJ (@INDY, CINCY). We need not worry about these cats.
                HOU (@MIA, NE). We need not worry about these cats either.

SO.... we hold tie breaker against MIA, as long as we beat KC. NE, at home, should take care of JAX (GULP). We just need SOMEONE, ANYBODY to beat Pitt (they should/will lose to BAL or MIA).

SO, as long as we don't CHOKE at home against KC (which we could easily do), then look for DEN to be playing in NE in the first round.
                Can you explain WHY we hold the tiebreaker over Miami, and WHY we don't need to worry about the Jets.

If I am doing this correctly, it comes down to strength of victory. We win that battle against both of those? Both would have 5 conference losses if they win out, just like us. I would think the Jets wins over Indy and Cinci would be big for them in strength of victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by CareTaker30 View Post
                  Correct me if im wrogn but if ten jax or houston wins out we still make playoffs at 9-7 so we just need one win

edit: wait mabye not idk someone find out
                  We need to win out to have a real shot in the playoffs imo
                  "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckin' Bronco View Post
                    So all we have to do is beat KC regardless if we lose to Philly and we're in the Playoffs? To all the folks saying screw the playoffs, way to support your team guys. All teams have ups and downs, we weren't even supposed to even be able to dream of going 500. Denver isn't finished yet, the season is not done people!
                    that's right, See Arizona last year. Backed into the playoffs and got hot and went to the Super Bowl...could be us this year. I think we'll play a good game in Philly because we'll have no choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
                      that's right, See Arizona last year. Backed into the playoffs and got hot and went to the Super Bowl...could be us this year. I think we'll play a good game in Philly because we'll have no choice.
                      I really think you're stretching here. You guys got a great shot at making the playoffs still but the way you are playing isn't helping at all. A win against the Raiders at home would've pretty much guaranteed you a spot in the playoffs. Its hard to fathom how you guys couldn't pull it off. I can't imagine you come into philly and getting a win honestly, especially if Philly is fighting for a #2 seed since Vikings loss. imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                        I think Pittsburgh has the tie-breaker over us. So if we wind up with the exact same record, I think they get in over us at this point.
                        Yes, first tie breaker is head to head.

As afr as "just beating KC"... no, sorry that isnt going to cut it. There are 6 teams sitting at 7-7, a single game behind the Broncos for the last wild card spot, including the Steelers. If any one of those teams wins out and the Broncos lose either game, the Broncos are out. I can see the Steelers wnning both thiers against the Ravens and the Dolhpins.

While its true that the Broncos determine thier own destiny that means that if they win the remaining two games, they get in. Unfortunately one of those games is against an Eagles team in the hunt for a playoff bye

Comment

• If we LOSE to Philly, we need New England and Pittsburgh to WIN and we will be in the 5th seed wildcard spot.
                          If Pittsburgh doesn't win over Baltimore and New England still wins over Jacksonville we will be in the 6th seed wildcard spot.

.....and then of course we need to BEAT the Chiefs at home the following week.

GO BRONCOS!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...41&16=55141515

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                            I think we're only screwed if Bal-Pit both finish 9-7.

DEN aint winning the next 2 games. Since we're 2-6 in our last 8 games, and we have to play in PHI and against KC.... I think 9-7 is a fair projection.

SO...

PIT (BAL, @MIA). I think they split and finish 8-8.
                            BAL (@PIT, @OAK). I think they win out and finish 10-6.
                            MIA (HOU, PIT). They could win out, but I guess they split and finish 9-7.
                            JAX (@NE, @CLE). We NEED them to lose in NE, & they will. 8-8.
                            NYJ (@INDY, CINCY). We need not worry about these cats.
                            HOU (@MIA, NE). We need not worry about these cats either.

SO.... we hold tie breaker against MIA, as long as we beat KC. NE, at home, should take care of JAX (GULP). We just need SOMEONE, ANYBODY to beat Pitt (they should/will lose to BAL or MIA).

SO, as long as we don't CHOKE at home against KC (which we could easily do), then look for DEN to be playing in NE in the first round.
                            This should of happened yesterday. I f-ing hate the Steelers and how the ball ALWAYS bounces thier way. The way we lost in the final seconds and the Steelers won in the final seconds tells me fate is set, and we aren't involved. It's pathetic, after a 6-0 start we should not even be anywhere near this spot!

Comment

• The Broncos will not control their destiny if they lose to the Eagles.

They control their destiny as long as they win. If they beat the Eagles, they will go into the last game needing only a win to get in, without any help from anyone.

They better hope the Ravens beat the Steelers because we already know that they can't afford to be tied with the Steelers at 9-7. Most of the others will come down to conference record if a tie is involved.

If the Broncos go 9-7 by beating the Eagles and losing to the Chiefs, they need the Jaguars, Dolphins, Jets, and Steelers to lose one of their next two games. Of course, in regard to the Steelers, the Broncos need them to lose a game just so they don't have to deal with the head to head tie breaker.

It doesn't matter what the Titans do so there is absolutely no excuse for rooting for the Dolts.

The Broncos will have major difficulty getting into the playoffs if they finish 8-8.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• We are not good, but...

we are still sitting in good shape to make the playoffs.

Jax has NE (L) and Cle (W) - 1 win 1 lose 8 - 8
                                MIA has Hou (W) and Pit (L) - 1 win 1 lose 8 - 8
                                NYJ has Indy (L) and Cin (L)- 0 wins 2 loses 7-9
                                pit has Bal (L)and Miami (W)- 1 win 1 lose 8 - 8
                                Ten has SD (L) and Sea (W) - 1 win 1 lose 8 - 8
                                Hou has Mia (L) and NE (L) - 0 win 2 lose 7-9

If Denver can pull off 1 more win (KC) I think we can make it. A win vs philly would be great, but if we only get 1, we need it from KC. We need to be big SD, NE and Raven fans.

at 9 - 7 we hold the tie breaker over the jets, Tenn and Hou based on divison record and if our 9th win comes over KC then we have the tiebreaker over Jax as well based on divison record

Pit if they get to 9-7 would be over us because of head to head

Mia is the tricky one. We could match everything down to the "like opponents" tie breaker but I think they would beat us if they win against pitt.

We need to win vs KC and we should be ok because I don't see any of the teams making it to 9 - 7 with the schedules they have. It's our spot to lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X