X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jc13
    replied
    Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    This is sort of really the BEST CASE SCENARIO if we wanted to win in PHI.

We went into INDY and were shell-shocked for the first 8 minutes or so.... we settled in and won the battle for the rest of the game. We got used to that hostile environment and gained confidence. THEN, we got humiliated at home b/c we took OAK too lightly (and thought too highly of ourselves).

PHI doesn't need this game. Win or Lose, the NFC EAST will depend on what they do in DAL. PHI is already in the playoffs. If they beat DAL they win the DIV.

You would think this game SHOULD mean more to DEN. We were embarassed last week.... We are on the verge of putting our fate in other people's hands....

With Dawkins.... this game was already going to be an emotional game. Dawkins will make sure of that!

So.... this should be the perfect storm (not to mention the East Coast game was moved to 4:15).

you know i get this vibe that a guy like dawkins isnt going to make much of this game.
    it will probably be like any other game for Weapon X.

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    This is sort of really the BEST CASE SCENARIO if we wanted to win in PHI.

We went into INDY and were shell-shocked for the first 8 minutes or so.... we settled in and won the battle for the rest of the game. We got used to that hostile environment and gained confidence. THEN, we got humiliated at home b/c we took OAK too lightly (and thought too highly of ourselves).

PHI doesn't need this game. Win or Lose, the NFC EAST will depend on what they do in DAL. PHI is already in the playoffs. If they beat DAL they win the DIV.

You would think this game SHOULD mean more to DEN. We were embarassed last week.... We are on the verge of putting our fate in other people's hands....

With Dawkins.... this game was already going to be an emotional game. Dawkins will make sure of that!

So.... this should be the perfect storm (not to mention the East Coast game was moved to 4:15).

Leave a comment:

• Strimpel
    replied
    I think baltimore winning would hurt us a lot if we lose to philly. So i really really don't know who to rout for in that game....

Leave a comment:

• JT24Champ
    replied
    i just wanna win both games

Leave a comment:

• dandaman23
    replied
    All we can hope for is a Broncos W for here on out and we'll be good.. I have such a good feeling about this game coming up.. I just cannot see us losing, and I see us winning by 10+ points..

Leave a comment:

• x2kjosh
    replied
    It's tough, but we have to stay optimistic... stranger things have happened in the NFL. :go:

Leave a comment:

• Shady980
    replied
    Originally posted by jc13 View Post
    but we need these other teams to loose!

but true a win from the broncos is more important.
    Hope for the best - win out
    Plan for the worst - loss to philly win at home vs KC.
    I refuse to believe we lose to KC.

The senario as far as I have been able to gather is that if we beat KC and lose to PHI than we only need Jac and Pit to lose this weekend and we are in.

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied
    Originally posted by ortonismyhero View Post
    Winning at Philly is 1,000,000x more important than any of the other games!
    but we need these other teams to loose!

but true a win from the broncos is more important.

Leave a comment:

• ortonismyhero
    replied
    Winning at Philly is 1,000,000x more important than any of the other games!

Leave a comment:

• MNBroncs85
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue-N-Orange View Post
    Lets **** **** up in philly! :go:

Were here to **** **** up!:go:

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    I don't think there will be a step backwards, more like a lateral step. There are a few contracts to be negotiated, so they will lose some talent as they will be unable to sign everyone. I would assume Marshall and Orton will be back, hopefully Doom will be back, Scheff will be gone.

I would expect the same offense next year with Orton at the helm - small ball. Maybe he brings in a stud RB, maybe a stud G or C, who knows. I don't think it will be enough to launch them into the next level. The offensive system coupled with an inmobile check down QB will keep them about the same next year. Unless they come up with an AP type RB, there's only so much improvement we can expect offensively.

Defensively, they can at least stay as effective as they were this year. A stud DT would help, but I doubt this defense will improve much just because they are a ligit D right now.

It really does come down to what kind of personnel they bring in. I see a better chance of the D improving just because they are playing so well will cast offs and no names. A couple young studs could launch that D to elite status. Unfortunately, I don't see the O improving much unless the running game recieves a major (and effective) overhaul.

Leave a comment:

• TheRob
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    Where's the proof that McDaniels' drafting isn't good? Drafts can't be fairly evaluated until three years after those players were drafted.

While some of the plays that are called do seem questionable, how do we know the execution isn't the problem? The players are responsible for execution.

Who says he's benching players for no reason? What players have been benched for no reason?

I do think that McDaniels is a little too committed to doing things on the field the way they were done in New England. It's fine to do things in the front office the New England way, that's obviously a good idea. When it comes to doing things on the field though, he needs to make sure he's adjusting for the talent he has on the team. Personally, I think he should have committed to the zone blocking scheme instead of mixing in the power blocking scheme he ran in New England. I think the running game would be a lot stronger if he had done that.
    ^Great Post^

Asking if we will regress next year is like asking if it will be sunny June 13th 2010. We have no way of knowing, and I don't see evidence that we will.

The bottom line is McDaniels will not lose a locker room he puts together. He grabs players who are smart, versitile, tough, and committed. Its a business, and when you comprise your roster like that, they know they have to buy in 100% to have success.

Lets not pretend that exicution is a non-factor. Kyle Orton is not special sometimes. Our offensive line is terribly inconsistant as well. As far as our defense goes, as high as it is ranked we have given up some huge plays at times.

Every NFL team struggles with consistancy, whether your the Colts or the Raiders.

I see our biggest flaw as inconsistancy, and most would agree practice and time should impove that. Just my 2c

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by Soothsayer View Post
    I am starting to get a feeling they do. Common sense says the coach does better when he gets pieces that fit his system. But I don't know if that's the case.

The coach has really shown some poor judgment of late. Really poor. And he certainly doesn't treat players to the same standards.

To this point McDaniels has lived off being the only guy smart enough and brave enough to recognize Cutler was horrible/product of system & team. So he's lived off that for some time now. That really means nothing when your drafting isn't that good. His playcalling is obviously bad. But he's been successful because got his players to give their all. Do you think the players are going to keep giving the coach their all when he constantly benches certain players for no reason, keeps drafted players in despite their poor play, and routinely calls a bad game? That whole motivating players thing lasts so long when you behave the way McDaniels does. McDaniels needs to take some advice from somebody and stop the Bellicheck God-like routine. I don't care if it works for Bellicheck... it ain't working for you.
    Where's the proof that McDaniels' drafting isn't good? Drafts can't be fairly evaluated until three years after those players were drafted.

While some of the plays that are called do seem questionable, how do we know the execution isn't the problem? The players are responsible for execution.

Who says he's benching players for no reason? What players have been benched for no reason?

I do think that McDaniels is a little too committed to doing things on the field the way they were done in New England. It's fine to do things in the front office the New England way, that's obviously a good idea. When it comes to doing things on the field though, he needs to make sure he's adjusting for the talent he has on the team. Personally, I think he should have committed to the zone blocking scheme instead of mixing in the power blocking scheme he ran in New England. I think the running game would be a lot stronger if he had done that.

Leave a comment:

• JCJE
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    The answer will be no. McDaniels knows his job and rep will be on the line. Its do or die time next year. I would expect him to bring in a big name running back to make sure playoffs are a lock next season

he already tried that this year with the 12th pick in the first round of the draft.

Leave a comment:

• Age Of Orton
    replied
    This means, if everything really goes our way, that by time for kickoff of our game, we would know, except for the Jets (who play N.E the next week, so I'm not too worried about them) where we stand, and know that we can get it done. Could be a boost for us.:go:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X