Knowshons Running Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Moreno will be fine. During the off season he does need to put on some weight. At least 10-12 LBS to become the every down back we need!
    He's already slow you wanna make him that much slower??
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Moreno makes our OL look worse than it really is. Many times he shows lack of patience and vision and can't find the hole. Just see the difference when Buckhalter is on the field. I'm not talking about the 3rd & 1, 4th & 1 plays though, which are basically very bad calls and the defense figures it out and swarms to the ball carrier.
    i pretty much agree 100% Moreno needs to step it up this thing about him Tripping and falling when theirs no one around him is annoying and become quiet ridiculous
    Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler4tw View Post
      He's already slow you wanna make him that much slower??

i pretty much agree 100% Moreno needs to step it up this thing about him Tripping and falling when theirs no one around him is annoying and become quiet ridiculous
      Totally agree. He stumbles way to much.

I have a friend, Bob, who is not much of a sports fan and never played sports. But he used to work in Denver and is now a Broncos fan. We were talking about the Broncos about 5 weeks ago, and I said, "Hey, do you notice how when Moreno breaks through the line, he starts stumbling?"

And Bob, who knows nothing, said, "Ya! He breaks through the line and he's like running and falling and no one even touches him and he falls on his face. What's with that??" (This from Bob, who knowns nothing about football or technique or any of that.) I was impressed. And reinforced.

If a no-nothing amateur notices the same thing I'm seeing with my own lying eyes, it must be so.

Have you ever noticed how slalom ski racers hit the gates on every turn. Bam, bam, BAM!! They don't flinch and they expect to hit them.

That's how O.J. used to run. He clipped would-be tacklers like they were slalom gates and he never slowed down. It's as if he aimed to clip a shoulder pad or two on his way through the course.

That is an image I have for running backs to be aggressive. If I were an RB coach, I would coach that concept.

Knowshon, by the way, is out-running his feet. And not trying to hit the gates.
      Last edited by trenchwar08; 12-16-2009, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Could the tripping be from knomo not being used to the artifical turf?

Comment

Its a combination of things. . .

Knowshon will be fine and is going to be a great back for the Bronco's for years to come. I think a lot of people in here have hit on the reason he seems to fall, so I apologize if I repeat some.

1) He has hit the rookie wall - - most college football players play 12-13 games in a season, and at that they are not as physical as games in the NFL. So by week 12-13 the "college" body is used to shutting it down, and in the NFL you are playing the most physical football. So he's fatigued.

2) He's a rook, so he gets a little too excited and plays too fast so he ends up tripping himself up.

3) He is overcompensating for his early season fumbles. . . so he has two hands over the ball as he crosses the line of scrimmage - throwing off his balance.

4) McD is getting him used to being a "feature" back. So, he has to learn to stay in games rather than taking himself out because he is going to have to do that to be a "franchise" back. So, he has to be used to getting 20-30 carries per game, a few receptions per game and staying in to block on passing downs.

5) He runs with a low pad level. . . this is crucial for two reasons. First, to avoid a negative play when you get hit at the line of scrimmage. Second, to avoid injury - - this was a problem (identified by many on these boards and at the combine) for Ryan Torain, and we all know how that turned out.
          Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

the lines are tall for Knowshon for sure....

Comment

Knowshon

Thus far, I'd say he's a decent back. Special? I doubt it. Tallying 1,000 yards on a season is not a significant skill indicator in the NFL any longer. Most RB's who can get 15-20 totes per game and stay reasonably healthy can achieve it.

He hasn't shown the innate ability to sense the tacklers and shift, juke, stutter, etc. With his low pad level, he misses the hole from time to time. He's not particulary dangerous out of the backfield as a receiver, and he hasn't earned a rep as a tough pass blocker, or blitz defender.

He's a solid back who will likely improve a bit. Don't ever see him as a Top 5 NFL RB in yardage, TD's.

Comment

Originally posted by badaxe View Post
                Thus far, I'd say he's a decent back. Special? I doubt it. Tallying 1,000 yards on a season is not a significant skill indicator in the NFL any longer. Most RB's who can get 15-20 totes per game and stay reasonably healthy can achieve it.

He hasn't shown the innate ability to sense the tacklers and shift, juke, stutter, etc. With his low pad level, he misses the hole from time to time. He's not particulary dangerous out of the backfield as a receiver, and he hasn't earned a rep as a tough pass blocker, or blitz defender.

He's a solid back who will likely improve a bit. Don't ever see him as a Top 5 NFL RB in yardage, TD's.
                Brutally honest.

But I hope we're all wrong. I've seen NFL running backs gain strength and toughness over time. Both Portiss and Benson are bigger, stronger and tougher now than they were during their first year or two.

I hope McD is seeing potential here that we may be missing.

Regardless, KM is our horse for this year and he's gotta do the job if we're going anywhere.

Comment

KNOSHONs ability

My take on Moreno is this:

He doesnt have the speed needed to be a an every down back. He ran a 4.62 at the combine. He doesnt have the speed to take it outside. He will get caught by LBs an safeties.

He is about 215 pounds which is not terribly big to run inside and break tackles. He does NOT have tremendout moves to make people miss.

He HAS decent hands.

He misses too many blocks in pass protection.

IF he can improve his blocking he MIGHT make a decent third down back and backup RB

Cant see him being a top feature RB in the NFL.

Actually Hillis has more to offer in a RB than Moreno. Hillis cant run outside either but he can run inside and break tackles and is just as fast as Moreno. He probably blocks better and has better hands.

Comment

He's a rookie. 1000 yards is definitely an accomplishment.

He has. About 10 times a game..

He's very dangerous out of the back field. Just cause he hasn't gotten the receptions doesn't make him any less dangerous.

And actually, yes, he has.

Well he's almost top 10 in rushing as a rookie so you're saying he won't ever improve?

LOL.

He'll for sure have around 1500 yards and 15 tds next year

Comment

Yukon Cornelius

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      He's a rookie. 1000 yards is definitely an accomplishment.

He has. About 10 times a game..

He's very dangerous out of the back field. Just cause he hasn't gotten the receptions doesn't make him any less dangerous.

And actually, yes, he has.

Well he's almost top 10 in rushing as a rookie so you're saying he won't ever improve?
                      LOL.

He'll for sure have around 1500 yards and 15 tds next year
                      I like your image of Yukon Cornelius and your exuberance & loyalty to the Broncs, but your prediction of 1,500 yards and 15 TD's is pretty aggressive given what we've seen this year. I'd say he needs to make steady improvement to get the touches necessary to achieve those numbers.

He's an NFL back...but not stud, superstar quality.

Oh, and if a stud RB becomes available via draft,, trade, etc. should we ignore it because Knowshon is the answer?

Comment

I like your image of Yukon Cornelius and your exuberance & loyalty to the Broncs, but your prediction of 1,500 yards and 15 TD's is pretty aggressive given what we've seen this year. I'd say he needs to make steady improvement to get the touches necessary to achieve those numbers.

He's an NFL back...but not stud, superstar quality.

Oh, and if a stud RB becomes available via draft,, trade, etc. should we ignore it because Knowshon is the answer?
                        He's on pace for 1100 and 7 or 8, what makes you think he couldn't hit 1500 and 15 IF we fix the problems in the O-Line and playcalling?
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Anybody who is truly worried about Moreno needs to take a deep breath!

First- He is a ROOKIE!!!!

Second - sure he stumbles a lot but I think that is easy to understand. Right now he is TRYING to make a play he is thinking too much (again due to the rookie fact). His eyes and brain are moving faster than his feet! Once he gets more comfortable (next year) things will slow down for him and he can again rely on his God given talent to make plays like he did at Georgia. Once he gets out of his own head you will see a HUGE jump in production!

Third - I'm talking about him like he is doing ehh...so so. I'm sorry isn't he leading all rookie RB's in yards by 240 or so? Does he have 5 rushing TD's and a receiving TD? Is he averaging a very solid 4.1 yards per carry? yes, yes and yes! He is on pace for over 1,000 yards and is having a very good rookie year! Things will be fine, he is a stud and will be for us for years to come!!
                          sigpic

Comment

knowshon's 10 yard dash time 1.5

the fast time ever recorded by electronics... chris johnson of tenn 1.4

i promise he does not look slow out there to people

and on another note, what happens if most of the time people are getting hands on his feet and tripping him... could it be superior balance that is keeping him up where just a mortal like you or me would fall?

Comment

If not Moreno, who would most of us have drafted at RB? Or would have played RB all year?

Don't say Hillis because I don't want to hear it.
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

He doesn't really make anyone miss. Not a bad player, but a huge reach as the #12 pick. He just doesn't have the talent to take over a game like you should expect out of a first round back, especially one taken so high.

Comment

Working...
                                X