No announcement yet.

Knowshons Running Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care if he is a big play back, mostly because, a lot of those guys will cost with a negative play for every big play. As long as Moreno gets over 4ypc, he will always get reps in this offense.

Not what you want with 12th pick...or is it?

Let the kid play, we don't have any control over it anyways...
    Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
    Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by DJBirdman View Post
      My thinking on the stumbling in the colts game was that he might have just been gassed, he was running non stop with no one to relieve him. McD should have brought someone in to let him have a breather because he was in no shape to be the full time work horse ... yet
      I tell you what. Terrell Davis never gased out and always ran people over.

That's a true RB. But im just having wishes Moreno could be like TD

Comment

Originally posted by badaxe View Post
        I don't quibble with drafting Moreno in Round 1 @ #12. Lord knows we were all growing weary of RB by committee. I have been watching football since the 60's myself and Moreno is a good back, but not a player you "mail in" as a starter year in/out.

The reason he's not a lock to be in the lineup, is he's not a stud broken field runner. (Watch Brandon Marshall run after the catch to see what I mean). He can't outrun guys to the corner then dust them enroute to the end zone.

He's a nice back, who has done well as a rookie. He looks to have a future in the NFL but will never be an elite back as he is not gifted with outright footspeed, super field vision, or great hands.

He looks pretty ordinary to me, but here's hoping he runs wild vs. da Raida's.
        I would take Emmit Smith over most RB's and he ran a slower 40 than moreno but he was a great every down back and an elite.

The split time of 1.52 says moreno explodes up to 20 yards. In fact Moreno is the perfect back for our dink and dunk system since his abilities are more within short range running, which burns the clock. Better to get many 8-10 yrd runs than a single long burst in our offensive scheme.

Will you change your mind if mo gets a big run or two this season?

Comment

Originally posted by badaxe View Post
          I don't quibble with drafting Moreno in Round 1 @ #12. Lord knows we were all growing weary of RB by committee. I have been watching football since the 60's myself and Moreno is a good back, but not a player you "mail in" as a starter year in/out.

The reason he's not a lock to be in the lineup, is he's not a stud broken field runner. (Watch Brandon Marshall run after the catch to see what I mean). He can't outrun guys to the corner then dust them enroute to the end zone.

He's a nice back, who has done well as a rookie. He looks to have a future in the NFL but will never be an elite back as he is not gifted with outright footspeed, super field vision, or great hands.

He looks pretty ordinary to me, but here's hoping he runs wild vs. da Raida's.
          I actually think that because of the emphasis on "mistake free" football and being careful, Moreno is hemmed in a bit. I don't think Turner or McD want him to run wild and try hurdling over players like he did at Georgia. First he has to learn to run "their" way. . . then once he has proven himself, he can add a bit of his running style to the mix.

The encouraging thing is, he has gotten a lot of carries, taken a pounding and is proving durable. He still has a lot to learn, no doubt. I often hear that in college you run through holes, in the NFL you run through seams - - so he will need to adjust (and our current O-Line isnt doing him any favors).
          Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Uptown View Post
            I would take Emmit Smith over most RB's and he ran a slower 40 than moreno but he was a great every down back and an elite.

The split time of 1.52 says moreno explodes up to 20 yards. In fact Moreno is the perfect back for our dink and dunk system since his abilities are more within short range running, which burns the clock. Better to get many 8-10 yrd runs than a single long burst in our offensive scheme.

Will you change your mind if mo gets a big run or two this season?
            Nice! (ten characters)
            Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

He is too young
              Walk on
              With hope in your heart
              And you'll never walk alone

Comment

Working...
              X