Originally posted by OrangeBlueCrew View Post
    Preparation: A
    Team Management (keeping unity, peace and integrity): B+
    Play-calling: D
    Draft: F

If there is one thing I dread about him being our coach, it's his drafting

Thank you Alphonso Smith for continually showing your potential
    ditto!

smith cannot tackle at this level. just like the game winning td he gave up today, this guy is not strong enough to bring down nfl receivers. it's embarrassing to see this little guy bouncing off of people week after week..

Comment

• Kornheiser Fan
      Practice Squad
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by rush_limbaughII View Post
      F for offensive play calling and his stubborness. A for hiring Mike Nolan to coach defense.
      And you get an A+++++ for your user name.
      "The Bears treat offense as if it's the bubonic plague."
      -Tony Kornheiser

Goodnight Canada!!!!

Comment

• dragster69
        Special Teams
        • Dec 2008

He's done a great job as the "manager" of the team.
        Definitely has excelled at anybody's expectations.
        He got us a good defense, his team preparation during TC and going forward was good, and you have to give him some props for at least achieving 8 wins so far with some play-offs aspirations still in the picture.
        That's the good. He gets an A.

Now the bad.
        Play calling. I think because he's the architect of this offense, that he needs to be the one calling the plays.
        He's shown a little stubborness to make things work that has proven to have little success so far.
        He at times, has tried to get too cute in calling plays that didn't have a chance to make it.
        His inability to insert the best players on the field that can get this offense over the hump both in the vertical game and in the running game, has been disappointing, and I would've expected more of him in that regard.
        Our playmakers can overcome any deficiency at the line if any. Players like Stokley, Marshall, Hillis, Royal and Scheffler need to be on the field at the same time as much as possible.
        We can't have guys like Gaffney, Jordan, and Moreno as the staple of this offense that has so much upside to be potent.
        He gets a D
        Last edited by dragster69; 12-20-2009, 10:29 PM.
        sigpic
        I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Hadez
          Football Immortal
          • Nov 2004

Preparation:A....even on the season I would not call it an A. Some games a A like Dallas but today it was pretty obvious he is not prepared to adjust to changes you know are going to come. It is like he does not think teams will adjust this what he is doing. Also we were not prepared for a few games this season at all. SD@Den and Balt jump to mind.

Draft: actually I like every pick except Smith, whom I have really hated since day 1. Ayers definately does not play like a 1st rounder but I still have hope for him.

Also team management sucks. He should have done to Cutler what he did to Marshall. While Cutler has complety lost it in Chicago he would have definately improved on last year on the Broncos imo. They way he keeps players like Hillis and Stokes on the bench also questions his management skills.

Originally posted by Kornheiser Fan View Post
          As of right now (which it will obviously change within the next 2 weeks), I would say B. Make the playoffs B+, choke C.

:go:
          If we choke and miss playoffs it is D- imo. Sure we did better then people expected but people expectations were low because McD and Bowlen demolished the team. If nothing changes from last year (in usual non-management change NFL terms) allot of people would have expected us to make the playoffs.

I think if we miss the playoffs we become just the 2nd team in the history of the NFL to go 6-0 and miss the playoffs.
          What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
          effort x talent = skill
          effort x skill = achievement
          How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• jazzyjeff
            Banned User
            • Jul 2004

High school drop out

Pre season moves: F
            Season: F
            Intensity: A
            Hiring Nolen: A+
            Single handily self destructing a team: A
            Sounds like a flunky to me!
            Now, will Bowlen have the guts to can this guy in the first season??? We'll see.

Comment

• Mark101
              Practice Squad
              • Dec 2009

I liked the part where he pumped his fist three or four times at the crowd after beating the Pats and yelled and looked tough. Means so much now! Hooray for early season victories!!!

Comment

• Cutler4tw
                Practice Squad
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jazzyjeff View Post
                Pre season moves: F
                Season: F
                Intensity: A
                Hiring Nolen: A+
                Single handily self destructing a team: A
                Sounds like a flunky to me!
                Now, will Bowlen have the guts to can this guy in the first season??? We'll see.
                id give overall an D- he's supposedly this offensive genius just like Shanny .... yet our O is horrible unlike last season when our problem was Defense .... and its not like MCD is completely responsible for the D id give most if not all credit to Nolan i haven't seen MCD do much of anything except for hiring Nolan (good thing)and making our Offense worse than before
                Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

• jazzyjeff
                  Banned User
                  • Jul 2004

Sorry...

Originally posted by Cutler4tw View Post
                  id give overall an D- he's supposedly this offensive genius just like Shanny .... yet our O is horrible unlike last season when our problem was Defense .... and its not like MCD is completely responsible for the D id give most if not all credit to Nolan i haven't seen MCD do much of anything except for hiring Nolan (good thing)and making our Offense worse than before
                  He gets the grade of "A" for hiring Nolen, not for the defensive play. That is all Nolen. As for the offense, he made the player personnel moves, and he has made the dumb play calling, so he gets the grade of "F" for that.

Comment

• HarlemHeat
                    Bench Warmer
                    • Nov 2008

woo, some tough graders in here..

Comment

• rmac15
                      Bench Warmer
                      • Dec 2006

I will give him a B+ for coaching and D for play calling. and overall as a first year head coach a solid B
                      PROUD MEMBER OF BRONCOS COUNTRY
                      sigpic

Comment

• Mark101
                        Practice Squad
                        • Dec 2009

He TOTALLY gets an AAAAAAA for fist pumps!

Comment

• IA_Broncosfan53
                          Bench Warmer
                          • Dec 2005

Hm, well the players seem to play hard for him, so I think that accounts for something...

Pure coaching - A Think of how many games we have had some great halftime adjustments. I like that, and the players seem to like him
                          play calling- F
                          personal- D Seems to play favorites, doesnt utilize talent etc.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
                            Hall of Famer
                            • Apr 2009

I give props to Tony Carter, but how sad is it for Alphonso Smith when you're completely outplayed by an undrafted rookie who was just signed off the practice squad a couple days ago. We wasted a first round pick on this guy and we've already gotten more production from an undrafted rookie.

Comment

• kratos_godofwar
                              Bench Warmer
                              • Oct 2006

I agree with everything here except the draft. The draft is still an unknown and won't be known until a few years down the road. His playcalling has been terrible on third downs. Why are we power running on 3rd and short even though it hasn't worked all game?

Comment

• aznightmare
                                Practice Squad
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
                                The offense was second in yards, the defense blew, denvers offense was clearly fine even with 6 RBs on injured reserve, what denver needed was a defense, mike nolan brought that.
                                Doesn't matter what you argue. Denver fans will absolutely believe that this year's offense is so much better than Shanahan and Cutlers

Comment

Working...
                                X